Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

I really hope they don’t do BST!! Worst festival I’ve ever been too! I went to see the killers and I was the youngest person in the audience by about 40 years!!! Everyone was an old white middle class lady, just tap dancing to me bright side!!! And it was also soooo quiet couldn’t hear a thing, and a bit of a scam ngl, ya had to pay extra to get to the front half of the audience!!! Poop!

this is the funniest thing ive ever read. But i'll have to disagree I went to the Green Day bst day last year and the whole day was great with all the acts and the crowd was nicely mixed. I have heard theyre charging huge amounts to get to the front now though which only cost me £10 more last year.

Just now, Alfie Clayton said:

I really hope they don’t do BST!! Worst festival I’ve ever been too! I went to see the killers and I was the youngest person in the audience by about 40 years!!! Everyone was an old white middle class lady, just tap dancing to me bright side!!! And it was also soooo quiet couldn’t hear a thing, and a bit of a scam ngl, ya had to pay extra to get to the front half of the audience!!! Poop!

Tap dancing? That sounds amazing. But yeah it is a shit event - I kinda just hope it announces no acts I like nowadays but even then, I’m not that gutted to miss The Cure and Interpol there because it’s such a bollocks event.

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

BST always leave biggest headliner to last , and name me a band bigger than the cure that have a more realistic chance than am of playing bst. Also bst competition to win tickets to the 5 currently announced shows ends this Friday meaning the headliner will be announced monday or Tuesday - bst headliners are always announced 8am Monday or Tuesday . This is a huge outdoor show- would make much more sense than Wembley if they're doing a run of festivals . I think they'll do these festivals, tour us September - December, tour rest of world early 2019 then stadium dates summer 2019.

No it doesn’t. Why do you keep saying “always” if none of this logic stretches back to 2016? And if they play Wembley they make much more money by using their own promoters over doing a show for AEG, and essentially it’s interchangeable with a stadium show whereas actual weekend festivals are a different thing completely.

16 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Yeah that's the other big shout . But the last bst announcement is always January so next week probably - and arctics will be playing mad cool/nos alive on the 13th july and the bst headline slot would be 15th july

I agree that it is likely theyll be headlining Mad Cool, but I don't think that means they're likely for BST. 

Favourite Worst Nightmare, first gig of this tour was at The Leadmill.

Humbug, headlined Leeds festival as soon as it came out (after a warm up show at Brixton academy)

Suck it and see they played 2 comeback shows at don valley stadium to start this tour.

2013 Their comeback gig was Glasto, which is a bit of an anomaly which can't happen again this year.

They seem to like returning 'home' to start a tour... and with them seemingly ruled out of Leeds  i think there's a  chance this Tramlines festival rumour is correct (either that or they're going to do a couple of shows at Hillsborough)

There are a few festivals yet to announce their last headliner, AM can't be playing every where! BST will have another act that's being held back or Fleetwood Mac. 

1 hour ago, Jack w said:

yeah they're probably the largest scale of act who is likely to play 2 years in a row. Obviously they won't play this year though.

EDIT

basically just headliners wont play two years in a row lmao, and normally the subs and similar dont but they have done before.

Edited by Jack w

26 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

MORE AM NEWS!!

the family members and friends of the band members of arctic monkeys are starting to post tweets like “cant wait!”, “coming soon!”, “#am6” and then posting pics of what looks like new merch!!

im own starting to feel like they are more likely to be announced now for r+l because they are now starting to announce their new tour and album just as we are expecting a reading and leed announcement!

make of it as u will! But tbh foos and monkeys is a long shot!!

also, I just ran into someone with a hunna tattoo.... 

Interesting...

download (3).jpeg

29 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

MORE AM NEWS!!

the family members and friends of the band members of arctic monkeys are starting to post tweets like “cant wait!”, “coming soon!”, “#am6” and then posting pics of what looks like new merch!!

im own starting to feel like they are more likely to be announced now for r+l because they are now starting to announce their new tour and album just as we are expecting a reading and leed announcement!

make of it as u will! But tbh foos and monkeys is a long shot!!

also, I just ran into someone with a hunna tattoo.... 

WOOOO can't wait to see them at reading I bought my ticket earlier!

• Upvote 1