Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Morning all, another day in paradise.

Seeing as Stonebridge Bar announced Steve Davis last night, do you think there might a chance they could announce their line up before next week? I need my fix of names on a poster!

C'mon Phil - your lineup predictions should be based on extensive mathematics, not just impatience!

12 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Early doors Thursday night is gonna be so so rammed in there. 

Is Kate Tempest on elsewhere?

She's been on Radio 4 this week reading from her new novel. Worth catching on iPlayer.

She might be plugging some of that at Glastonbury. It's good though. Nice subtle rhymes in amongst lyrical glottal stop prose.

By the time we get the lineup on Wednesday (if it doesn't come before of course) we'll only have 2 more* Monday's at work to go.

What an awesome thought!

*actually 3 Monday's but can't count the 20th as pure excitement will get in the way of me actually doing anything on that day!

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

By the time we get the lineup on Wednesday (if it doesn't come before of course) we'll only have 2 more* Monday's at work to go.

What an awesome thought!

*actually 3 Monday's but can't count the 20th as pure excitement will get in the way of me actually doing anything on that day!

I work at Nottingham Uni and we have the Board of Examiners running up until the start of Glastonbury, so it's essentially the busiest most godawful time of the year in the immediate run up :P I think I'll just explode with excitement when I get on the train Tuesday night.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I work at Nottingham Uni and we have the Board of Examiners running up until the start of Glastonbury, so it's essentially the busiest most godawful time of the year in the immediate run up :P I think I'll just explode with excitement when I get on the train Tuesday night.

I know we all want the lineup and yes are excited for it, but probably best you don't do that....

13 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Is this new?

FB_IMG_1464203237501.jpg

Saturday night looks awesome

i have decided this festival I will be in the naught corner and the glade, i will make a pilgrimage to the John Peel to watch She draws the gun 

I think the BBC Radio 1 thing is wrong.

After the big weekend they have like a "celebratory" week where all they do is bang on about how great it all was and play material from it.

That means the full release would be at least two weeks away.,

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

It'd be ace if West Holts have their own announcement. Give us something really meaty to sink our collective teeth in to.

I'd happily see several more stage announcements as long as they're bigger rather than smaller (no offence Rum Shack), and happen at least daily

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

What an awesome thought!

I booked the hell out of the 20th off. Thinking that might've been a mistake, maybe if I went to work the day might pass better. Otherwise I'll probably just pack and repack 50 times and check a million times if my tickets are in my bag.

1 minute ago, RichardWaller said:

I booked the hell out of the 20th off. Thinking that might've been a mistake, maybe if I went to work the day might pass better. Otherwise I'll probably just pack and repack 50 times and check a million times if my tickets are in my bag.

As a rule I prefer to be at work before a big event. The day tends to pass a lot quicker. 

4 minutes ago, drchickenburger said:

I had someone raving about it on my WhatsApp group this morning as well.

It's all over the Glastonbury facebook page too. I think most people are just assuming they are playing now, particularly the casual fans who won't question these things. Gonna be a lot of disappointed people if it doesn't happen!

3 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

I'll be working up until late on the Tuesday before, and early the Tuesday after.

Well worth getting the Tuesday after off if you can for extra recovery time. Working on that day is bleak.

I'll be back on the Thursday... Giving myself a wide berth this time..