Weezer?

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Weezer (and Rams) fan it only feels right for my fist post to be on this thread..

Trying not to get too optimistic for a Weezer appearance, saw them at Leeds in 2010 and the stole the weekend for me, converted a few friends also. Fingers crossed 

8 minutes ago, robertow said:

As a Weezer (and Rams) fan it only feels right for my fist post to be on this thread..

Trying not to get too optimistic for a Weezer appearance, saw them at Leeds in 2010 and the stole the weekend for me, converted a few friends also. Fingers crossed 

Love how DCFC fans are taking over this thread B) Welcome to the forum!

Derby promotion and Weezer pulling a Phil Collins would make my year.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I'm pretty sure Weezer would headline the Other stage if they played. Their 'tour' sold out in minutes and people have been desperate for them to play for years. 

Nah, Other sub at best or even possibly third down. Not nearly a big enough act in the UK to headline Other

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, Other sub at best or even possibly third down. Not nearly a big enough act in the UK to headline Other

I really disagree, but there you go.

We'll never know because only ever play in this country every 5 years and do 3 fucking shows, 2 of which in London. 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't think they would quite be 3rd down....probably got the rarity to sub.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I really disagree, but there you go.

We'll never know because only ever play in this country every 5 years and do 3 fucking shows, 2 of which in London. 

They are no bigger than in 2010 when they were booked 3rd at Reading.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

LCD couldn't have done without splitting and reforming. If Weezer did that then maybe they could headline it.

That's amazing to me. Weezer hadn't played in the UK for 5 years until last week. 

LCD Soundsystem last played Glastonbury 6 years ago.

LCD have broken up and reformed since Weezer last played in the UK, yet just by doing that it means they are 'big enough' to headline the Other, yet Weezer apparently aren't. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

That's amazing to me. Weezer hadn't played in the UK for 5 years until last week. 

LCD Soundsystem last played Glastonbury 6 years ago.

LCD have broken up and reformed since Weezer last played in the UK, yet just by doing that it means they are 'big enough' to headline the Other, yet Weezer apparently aren't. 

Aye and by doing it that way they have much more of a buzz and publicity around them and can probably command higher slots. The fact they're doing things like headlining Coachella also means they probably wouldn't bother playing unless they got offered a big slot, which wouldn't be the case with Weezer.

I couldn't see Weezer being big enough to headline things like Primavera in Europe.

22 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

Rivers Cuomo must have slept with a lot of mothers in his time given the level hate in this thread. 

No, he just made a lot of really bad music.

By the way, how are they live? judging by several recent YouTube videos, Rivers vocals sound quite weak... hoping it's just certain days off and that he'll sound better.

Also, they seem to randomly play the entire Pinkerton every once in a while... like Riot Fest 2015... catching one of those would be a dream.

8 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

By the way, how are they live? judging by several recent YouTube videos, Rivers vocals sound quite weak... hoping it's just certain days off and that he'll sound better.

Also, they seem to randomly play the entire Pinkerton every once in a while... like Riot Fest 2015... catching one of those would be a dream.

I've never seen them live before but I have seen plenty of clips and they always seem pretty on point to me. They have a great reputation as a live act too.

9 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

His vocals were spot on last night!! Yes they do have some bad filler on some albums, but live they are up there with the best and can pull together a great setlist, bit like the foos.