Download 2017

Hart Attack

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Plus, announcement at the end of January probably. It was the only thing I could think of that would stop them announcing the sub by now. Avenged Sevenfold are too big to sub Biffy probably, so ATDR are really the only option.

Definitely got to be ADTR. And Avenged are nothing less than a headliner at Download. They can't afford to make that pool any smaller by knocking bands down. 

Edited by Andre91

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They won't be at R&L over Download when they're in Europe playing festivals the same time as DL. 

I don't think it totally rules them out of a 2nd stint over, RHCP came back for R&L.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Definitely got to be ADTR. And Avenged are nothing less than a headliner at Download. They can't afford to make that pool any smaller by knocking bands down. 

A7X are, albeit a very weak one.

21 minutes ago, justanothername said:

This pretty much. Believe that Copping has confirmed that AFI aren't subbing as well (as if that wasn't obvious enough) so with ADTR's tour still to come it was clear that they'd sub.

I'm totally cool with because they're incredible and will be sick, but even at third down AFI are playing way too high, aren't they :lol: ? 

Sum 41 are fine as a 2nd stage headliner. Especially with Good Charlotte behind them. A great pop punk 1/2 shot to end the day. They're going into their second pretty successful tour, even if it isn't arenas. No worse than Slayer this year for that, and no worse than Jane's Addiction or NOFX from last year. I guess that's just the sort of bands they get now.

Hard to tell how Zombie would do on his own tour. He did academies last time but that was ages ago. All Time Low are a pretty big 2nd stage headliner, come to think of it.

EDIT: Worth noting that only two nights of eight in Sum 41's UK tour aren't sold out. That's excellent going.

Edited by DomDom1984

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Sum 41 are fine as a 2nd stage headliner. Especially with Good Charlotte behind them. A great pop punk 1/2 shot to end the day. They're going into their second pretty successful tour, even if it isn't arenas. No worse than Slayer this year for that, and no worse than Jane's Addiction or NOFX from last year. I guess that's just the sort of bands they get now.

Hard to tell how Zombie would do on his own tour. He did academies last time but that was ages ago. All Time Low are a pretty big 2nd stage headliner, come to think of it.

EDIT: Worth noting that only two nights of eight in Sum 41's UK tour aren't sold out. That's excellent going.

Sum 41's tour is Academy at max level and thats far from all the dates, and nowhere close to 2nd stage headlining. No offence but regardless of whether it's a good top two or not it's stay too high.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Sum 41's tour is Academy at max level and thats far from all the dates, and nowhere close to 2nd stage headlining. No offence but regardless of whether it's a good top two or not it's stay too high.

So what bands are bigger then? Slayer didn't sell out Academies last time out. NOFX and Jane's Addiction from last year aren't much bigger. Rob Zombie did an academy tour last time he was here.

If you fancy going back another year, you've got Marilyn Manson and Enter Shikari. Bigger bands seem to be in the minority when it comes to 2nd stage headliners at DL. With that in mind, why are Sum 41 too high?

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

So what bands are bigger then? Slayer didn't sell out Academies last time out. NOFX and Jane's Addiction from last year aren't much bigger. Rob Zombie did an academy tour last time he was here.

If you fancy going back another year, you've got Marilyn Manson and Enter Shikari. Bigger bands seem to be in the minority when it comes to 2nd stage headliners at DL. With that in mind, why are Sum 41 too high?

Even though bigger bands are in the minority, that's clear as a Download 2nd headliner used to be a sub and is now 3rd down/4th down for extra money. They still don't feel big enough. 

40 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Sum 41 is a fairly weak 2nd stage headliner, but I'd take them over someone like All Time Low all day long. 

Given the size now of the 2nd stage headliner, which is probably better given the area for the stage and not just ambushing everyone in, ATL wouldn't play that low now but I agree too.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Given the size now of the 2nd stage headliner, which is probably better given the area for the stage and not just ambushing everyone in, ATL wouldn't play that low now but I agree too.

ATL headlined second stage last year, unless you're saying there's been a dip in between years

26 minutes ago, devilman said:

Were very good at Hydro on Tues. Sold out too which surprised me.

Enjoyed them as well. When they said it was sold out they were economical with the truth. There was thousands of seats behind the curtained areas. Maybe sold out the number of tickets they put on sale but it wasn't a venue capacity sell out

58 minutes ago, Red Day said:

When they said it was sold out they were economical with the truth. There was thousands of seats behind the curtained areas.

True. I don't know what capacity they sell with 2 layers of seats open but I was surprised how full it was. ADTR and Black Sabbath on 23/24 Jan? I've heard that Sabbath hasn't even sold out standing. If true that's what you get for silly prices.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm still looking to pick up cheap tickets for Notts the closer it gets to next Wednesday. The stage show looks phenomenal. Setlist is great too. 

There were touts buying and selling at Hydro. The rip off T shirts outside were better than the official ones too :) Was a great show that I think I'll struggle to beat this year despite it being the first. Of course, as well as the band being on point this was down to meeting loads of people I knew both in the pit and in bars later. Shame they're not playing Download this year.................... or are they....?????....??

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

There were touts buying and selling at Hydro. The rip off T shirts outside were better than the official ones too :) Was a great show that I think I'll struggle to beat this year despite it being the first. Of course, as well as the band being on point this was down to meeting loads of people I knew both in the pit and in bars later. Shame they're not playing Download this year.................... or are they....?????....??

Just this minute got decent seated tickets for £27 a pop! Made up! 

44 minutes ago, devilman said:

True. I don't know what capacity they sell with 2 layers of seats open but I was surprised how full it was. ADTR and Black Sabbath on 23/24 Jan? I've heard that Sabbath hasn't even sold out standing. If true that's what you get for silly prices.

You're correct, Sabbath standing was still available last week. The cost of tickets to see them is a disgrace considering ozzy can't sing anymore