Download 2017

Hart Attack

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm still pretty sure it'll be a standard setlist that they'll be doing at the time. They'll do the token older stuff as usual. Possibly 57 instead of Justboy like the last time they did the festivals.

Download have booked Biffy on their Ellipsis tour so that's exactly what they're going to get.

Basically it. The 'heavy setlist' thing seems a nonsense to me. People must know what Biffy are about and I can hardly believe there are people completely oblivious to them who are just gonna be expecting overdrive all the time and will be switched off otherwise.

People would be well gutted if Aerosmith dumped all their ballads in favour of riffs. :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Basically it. The 'heavy setlist' thing seems a nonsense to me. People must know what Biffy are about and I can hardly believe there are people completely oblivious to them who are just gonna be expecting overdrive all the time and will be switched off otherwise.

People would be well gutted if Aerosmith dumped all their ballads in favour of riffs. :lol:

I don't really think it is much of a heavier set that people are suggesting, only a couple of older tracks that used to be staples of their set. I don't think that it's too unreasonable that Biffy might take a couple of songs out of the setlist and replace them with Glitter and Trauma and Jaggy Snake, for example. Biffy's setlists are just fine for Download as they are, but I would definitely expect them to bring a couple of oldies back. They played Raining Blood when they played Sonisphere :P 

Edited by Andre91

Anybody thinking Aerosmith may have some guests in their set, maybe to make it a bit different to their previous DL sets. Possibly Jimmy Page or Slash?

Guns N Roses are in Italy on the Saturday and nowhere Sunday or Monday. Fingers crossed for a Metallica-esque surprise show for slash! (Alterbridge are playing on Sunday too so MK is already there)

1 minute ago, thedudeman said:

Anybody thinking Aerosmith may have some guests in their set, maybe to make it a bit different to their previous DL sets. Possibly Jimmy Page or Slash?

Guns N Roses are in Italy on the Saturday and nowhere Sunday or Monday. Fingers crossed for a Metallica-esque surprise show for slash! (Alterbridge are playing on Sunday too so MK is already there)

Axl will probably have a clause to stop it from happening.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not sure if Aerosmith would want their set to go down as when Slash turned up etc and take the publicity from them given it's their last UK show.

Let's be fair though, last concert or not, few people are pissing their pants about another aerosmith headline at download. I think it would be a nice treat for the crowd, otherwise it's likely to be groundhog day, 3 times in 7 years (especially since AB are subbing....again)

6 minutes ago, thedudeman said:

Let's be fair though, last concert or not, few people are pissing their pants about another aerosmith headline at download. I think it would be a nice treat for the crowd, otherwise it's likely to be groundhog day, 3 times in 7 years (especially since AB are subbing....again)

Isn't most years groundhog at Download though?!

System Of A Down
Prophets of Rage
Five Finger Death Punch 
Mastodon
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Motionless In White
Suicide Silence 
(Hed) P.E. 

Sum 41 
Good Charlotte 
Lower Than Atlantis 

Thrice 
Every Time I Die 
The Story So Far 

Biffy Clyro 
A Day To Remember 
AFI
Pierce The Veil 
Of Mice & Men
New Found Glory
Marmozets
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 
Creeper

Rob Zombie 
Ghost
Coheed and Cambria 

Simple Plan 
Mayday Parade 
Tonight Alive 

Aerosmith 
Alter Bridge 
Steel Panther
Airbourne
In Flames 
Blue Oyster Cult
Sabaton
Lacuna Coil
Fozzy

Slayer 
Opeth 
Clutch

Sleeping With Sirens
Four Year Strong
Issues 

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

System Of A Down
Prophets of Rage
Five Finger Death Punch 
Mastodon
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Motionless In White
Suicide Silence 
(Hed) P.E. 

Sum 41 
Good Charlotte 
Lower Than Atlantis 

Thrice 
Every Time I Die 
The Story So Far 

Biffy Clyro 
A Day To Remember 
AFI
Pierce The Veil 
Of Mice & Men
New Found Glory
Marmozets
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 
Creeper

Rob Zombie 
Ghost
Coheed and Cambria 

Simple Plan 
Mayday Parade 
Tonight Alive 

Aerosmith 
Alter Bridge 
Steel Panther
Airbourne
In Flames 
Blue Oyster Cult
Sabaton
Lacuna Coil
Fozzy

Slayer 
Opeth 
Clutch

Sleeping With Sirens
Four Year Strong
Issues 

Marmozets wouldn't be that low. FYS I think are Friday. Saturday is just about doable but can't justify Friday

Y'all are out of your minds if you thought that Biffy at Manchester on Saturday was nothing short of incredible, they're going the smash the living daylights out of download, and I feel sorry for every other band that has to share that stage with them.

38 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Y'all are out of your minds if you thought that Biffy at Manchester on Saturday was nothing short of incredible, they're going the smash the living daylights out of download, and I feel sorry for every other band that has to share that stage with them.

i also feel sorry for those bands, but probably for a different reason than you