What advice would you give for first timers?

Chris Lfc

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the "Wet Wipes" v Bogroll debate. These are what you need

10021453?fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

Other brands are available but notice the little symbol at top left "flushable" that means they can go down all loos composting, long drop or otherwise and they will break up and not clog the plumbing.

A fresh clean arse is a wonderfully relaxing thing...

1 hour ago, incident said:

I'm really surprised nobody has pulled you up on this.

Basically, if you do this then you should be really careful what you bring/use and where. Proper toilet paper is designed to break down so that it doesn't bugger up plumbing systems (such as sticking to the insides when wet). Most versions of Wet Wipes, Kleenex etc don't break down anywhere near as easily, and so can can and do cause clogging issues in the Flushing Toilets on site - this happens pretty much every year without fail. Even in the long drops there's still "plumbing" systems of sorts (ie the trucks that empty them) and I suspect if enough people filled them with Kleenex/Wet Wipes then the same issues would happen there.. Don't know whether there's any issue with composting toilets or not.

Pre-packaged tissues are definitely convenient, but are only a good idea when they're specifically designed to break down (some are but not many - check the packaging before buying/bringing).

Thanks for this reply.  I've always used plain travel tissues (not the ones with moisturiser) as I've valued them for being compact and waterproof, but this is definite food for thought.  I know wet wipes don't work well with plumbing, but I'd always assumed plain tissues were fine.  I'll be paying a little bit more attention in future.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't queue for anything.

I queued for Paella and grande bouffe and both were very much worth it! Also any queue at the cider bus on Wednesday is worth it! I had a few nice little chat with others in the queue and soaked in the sun. 

Also, queue for the longdrops if required, better than pissing on the floor! 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Y'all can keep throwing me examples of things that you queued for, but I'm still sticking by my original bit of advice.

You're absolutely right here, Calgon. I'm firmly behind you on this. Not in a queue, I hasten to add, just supporting you.

5 hours ago, morph100 said:

Get tipsy all day, don't get drunk drunk until it gets dark, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Totally agree with this. The best thing you can do to stop yourself getting plastered too soon is to drink some water or a fizzy drink and have regular snacks inbetween watching bands.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Vaccines > ZZ Top

Crepe > Tartiflette

Say no more!

ahahahaha. I'm so over my Vaccines infatuation. They're playing here in Moscow soon, but I'm not going

Probably.

18 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Agreed. If there's a queue at grand bouffe, nip to the tapas next door (if you're in West holts) and get grand bouffe later when there's no queue. 

I have a counter piece of advice - don't plan to "get something later".  Do it now, or don't bother.  I thought I would get Grand Boffee later last time I was at the festival. I've still never tasted it.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Who's only in the vicinity of West Holts once for the entire weekend......?

Must be Santa, must be Santa, must be Santa Claus

Man, I knew Dylan's vocals were hard to make out, didn't realise until now that was the missing line.