Adele/Muse/Coldplay say DM

MrZigster

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will certainly see Coldplay, however I want to try loads of things and see headliners on the smaller stages. Chilling to acoustic music is a must.

are you sure about seeing Coldplay? I mean with your music taste (from your signature), they are a little tame compared with Slipknot and Bullet For My Valentine. Who certainly deliver the goods of a music performance. Don't let this genuinely force you off track but with a good search you could find a much more satisfactory end to one of your nights at Glastonbury, instead of listening to a few old Coldplay classics with a load of garbage to dilute. 

are you sure about seeing Coldplay? I mean with your music taste (from your signature), they are a little tame compared with Slipknot and Bullet For My Valentine. Who certainly deliver the goods of a music performance. Don't let this genuinely force you off track but with a good search you could find a much more satisfactory end to one of your nights at Glastonbury, instead of listening to a few old Coldplay classics with a load of garbage to dilute. 

I have an eclectic taste in music, I've heard they put on a good show and I don't mind their hits. Also, the other half likes them.

I hope to grab some rock music whilst there too, just to make up for it.

I have an eclectic taste in music, I've heard they put on a good show and I don't mind their hits. Also, the other half likes them.

I hope to grab some rock music whilst there too, just to make up for it.

I do too. But prefer the likes of a good rock/meta set.

Fairly play mate! I suppose I have been to 15 Glastonburys in my life where they have featured 3 times already so not particularly at a position to eagerly want them back. Thus I wouldn't see them. But they do put on a show and if the other half wants to see them then I guess it might be a sound move. I'm sure you'll find some rock to keep you entertained.  

I can't see this being true simply because it would be sooooo unbelievably dull. Kanye this year was a bit controversial, as were Metallica the year before and you had a major coup in the Rolling Stones the year before that. This would be completely and utterly boring with zero controversy.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

I can't see this being true simply because it would be sooooo unbelievably dull. Kanye this year was a bit controversial, as were Metallica the year before and you had a major coup in the Rolling Stones the year before that. This would be completely and utterly boring with zero controversy.

whether you think it's boring or not, getting Adele as a headliner would be a massive coup! 

I can tell you with certainty that Emily is very very keen to get Adele, Whether she can is another thing, tho.

I doubt they go out of their way to court controversy, sometimes it's a nice marketing bonus but ultimately they're limited to who is available. Maybe when they took the perceived risk on Kanye and Metallica it was because safer options weren't available, maybe next year only safe options will be available. I'd imagine their attitude every year is (and has to be) fluid and flexible based on what's available.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I have always expected Glastonbury to pull something out of the bag for one of the headliner slots that is either very controversial, has massive wow factor or is just a complete surprise.

Maybe that is actually Adele, but for me that wouldn't be at all, and the other two certainly wouldn't be.

I guess as has previously been discussed many times on here, Glastonbury to an extent have made a rod for their own back with bookings like the Stones, there just aren't that many bookings like that left.

My view on this is probably entirely selfish as I'm sure many would see Adele as that wow booking.

I suppose if Adele is that wow booking, that is potentially why Muse and Coldplay may make up the numbers, I know they are solid bands but they are utterly dull.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
To add the last paragraph

My view on this is probably entirely selfish as I'm sure many would see Adele as that wow booking.

Considering she's one of the biggest acts in the world right now, and rarely even plays live let alone festivals? Yeah, like it or not she'd be far more of a "wow" a booking than any headliner in the last 2 festivals.

I can tell you with certainty that Emily is very very keen to get Adele, Whether she can is another thing, tho.

I'd doubt it, Eavis is very keen to get Prince but it never happens, I know the reasons are different but even if Adele did feel up to it, she doesn't need Glasto, easily get more media and publicity on a year for her albim than others anyway. 

I'd doubt it, Eavis is very keen to get Prince but it never happens, I know the reasons are different but even if Adele did feel up to it, she doesn't need Glasto, easily get more media and publicity on a year for her albim than others anyway. 

she doesn't need Glasto, true.

But, perhaps, she feels she needs to be home with her kid(s?) rather than off round the world touring endlessly, playing to big crowds which doesn't seem to be her favourite thing... something that can largely be covered-off by one massive on-TV performance.

There's a reason why Adele went to Glastonbury this year, and I don't think it was just to see some bands.

There's also a reason why I've been saying since nearly the beginning of the year that I've heard the 'scared of crowds' thing has been over-played and that Glasto goers should expect Adele sometime soon.

I'm working from a bit more than your fav of making it up in your head. :)

Whats this Adele ripping off Tom Waits nonsense Ive heard about?

apparently some Tom Waits fans think that the story behind her song Hello is too similar to the Story in Martha

I can kind of see the point they are making but it's really not enough to kick off about