Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

considering their 2011 Park set was one of the main factors in those kinds of slots being gotten rid of altogether, then yeah, you'd imagine it'd have to be on a big stage to avoid similar incidents, or as Neil said, an incredibly late night slot (although playing to a bunch of flagging people off their nuts with their jaws on the floor doesn't seem like the best way for them to do it)

This is what makes the whole thing so intriguing. There's no obvious place for them.

Are we coming back round to the idea of them subbing Adele? I know we though Disclosure had that slot but it's the only space that fits 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is what makes the whole thing so intriguing. There's no obvious place for them.

Are we coming back round to the idea of them subbing Adele? I know we though Disclosure had that slot but it's the only space that fits 

what with Loaded still standing by Disclosure being a Other Stage headliner maybe Radiohead could be taking that sub slot, although this still all leaves LCD Soundsystem's position totally up in the air 

2 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Maybe they'll play at dawn.

i did think that but even though they really seem to be pushing this dawn chorus thing it would seem like a step too far :P 

It's all pretty obvious, really:

• dawn chorus = they're playing early
  • secret set needs a large stage, following previous fears of overcrowding
  • early set + big stage = Other Stage openers
  • James' previous (unconfirmed by GFL) announcement was a ploy agreed with GFL to put people off the scent
  • James' reward in agreeing to take part is obviously a slot as JPT headliners

I therefore claim my £5!

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i did think that but even though they really seem to be pushing this dawn chorus thing it would seem like a step too far :P 

I wasn't being completely serious ;) the dawn thing is just the name of the company isn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if nothing else came of it.

3 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I wasn't being completely serious ;) the dawn thing is just the name of the company isn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if nothing else came of it.

ha yeah i know :P and well a dawn chorus is when birds sing at the start of a day and they've been posting videos of birds chirping, so they're definitely going a little further with it

10 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

It's all pretty obvious, really:

• dawn chorus = they're playing early
  • secret set needs a large stage, following previous fears of overcrowding
  • early set + big stage = Other Stage openers
  • James' previous (unconfirmed by GFL) announcement was a ploy agreed with GFL to put people off the scent
  • James' reward in agreeing to take part is obviously a slot as JPT headliners

I therefore claim my £5!

I like this a lot!!

also somebody has now reverse image searched one of the images Radiohead posted and it linked back to an instagram account which had a bunch of pictures of a bunch of artists making scenery that looked like it was for a music video, all of which were then erased minutes later. fuck i love all this 

edit: same artist that did the There There video, my favourite video of theirs. good stuff

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, st dan said:

Was The Libertines TBA Pryamid slot last year a one off do we think? 

That exact slot would be perfect for them. 

people (including myself) have thought that they might've liked how it went down so well that they're giving it another go this year with Radiohead, although for it to work properly you'd imagine Radiohead would have to be willing to do some kind of greatest hits set rather than what they were doing on TKOL tour. it also leaves a couple of acts totally up in the air as there really doesn't seem to be enough space for some of the higher up acts we have as it is

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Was The Libertines TBA Pryamid slot last year a one off do we think? 

That exact slot would be perfect for them. 

It was only created by FF pulling out, Florence being promoted and the Pyramid line-up being shuffled, leaving a gap, wasn't it?

If they did that this year, it would be proactive, rather than reactive...

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It was only created by FF pulling out, Florence being promoted and the Pyramid line-up being shuffled, leaving a gap, wasn't it?

If they did that this year, it would be proactive, rather than reactive...

Ben

Perhaps they reckon someone is going to break Adele's leg?

I definitely could see them bring back the TBA slot this year. It was a great success. Their hand was forced last year, but I could see them wanting to keep that slot as a new thing. Subbing Adele, or 3rd down Friday/Saturday?

Can't believe we're back to this :P IT NEVER ENDS.

1 minute ago, sheffieldlady said:

i'm not sure whether this person has got it bang on the money, or if everybody's looking far too much in to it all. interesting nonetheless. this album rollouts fantastic. fuck all for forever and now all this weird cryptic stuff

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yeah I'm all over this. So much more exciting than releasing it traditionally. 

That being said, it may be hurting my productivity :P

the bird instagram video and rorschach picture appearing intermittently on dead air space is all i've been able to pay attention to for the past few hours. hoping this isn't gonna be happening for days and that we actually get something more substantial today/soon :P otherwise i'm not getting anything done 

The ONLY negative here is that I imagine any sort of secret slot will be essentially to play the new album in full. Similar to Park back in (was it 2011?).

Will be very cool to see the new stuff. But a full 2 hours headline set with maybe 30-40 mins of new album would be even better.