Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

Is this a sign?

A song has just cropped up on our Glastonbury playlist iPod which might be of interest...

P.J.Harvey singing 'This mess we're in' from her 'Stories from the City...' album featuring none other than Thom Yorke.

Very nice it was too.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Is this a sign?

A song has just cropped up on our Glastonbury playlist iPod which might be of interest...

P.J.Harvey singing 'This mess we're in' from her 'Stories from the City...' album featuring none other than Thom Yorke.

Very nice it was too.

Brilliant song, brilliant album.

8 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

No stream for Radiohead it was confirmed... Gutting.

Damn. That was the show in was most looking forward to on this tour! Hopefully periscope pulls through again. Desperate to see their festival set list. 

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They should start having an official live stream of all of their gigs to spare everyone stood behind all the Periscope Petes.

'Periscope Pete' sounds like the title of the next album's lead single.

Edited by GlastoSimon

just thought I'd mention that I had a message yesterday from the RH source, who has now lost confidence in the idea they're playing himself.

He doesn't actually know either way, but with no mention of it within earshot of him when he's been around the right people in recent weeks and with no obvious spot they might play in, he's arrived in about the same place as many people here, that it doesn't look like its happening now.

Whether it's happening or not he remains convinced his info was good at the time he heard it, and I'm quite happy to fully believe him with that given what I know about where it's come from plus his solid tips in the past.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just thought I'd mention that I had a message yesterday from the RH source, who has now lost confidence in the idea they're playing himself.

He doesn't actually know either way, but with no mention of it within earshot of him when he's been around the right people in recent weeks and with no obvious spot they might play in, he's arrived in about the same place as many people here, that it doesn't look like its happening now.

Whether it's happening or not he remains convinced his info was good at the time he heard it, and I'm quite happy to fully believe him with that given what I know about where it's come from plus his solid tips in the past.

Cheers though Neil.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster!!!

I mean, it's still not completely ruled out. Any other post there has been that didn't completely rule it out was met with "YES NEIL! YOU BEAUTY!" and stuff. :lol:

The fact is that the band are known to do secret sets at the festival and will likely be at the festival anyway. Regardless of info one way or another, you can't rule it out until after the festival's over.

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

Cheers @eFests

Have you heard anything about Tame Impala? Were they always down for that slot do you know? It has the feeling of a late-ish replacement to me. Can't see why they would be kept off the first poster.

Nope, heard nothing .... tho personally I've got no particular reason to think they weren't always booked for there, despite the secrecy that appeared to surround that slot.

If I'm not succeeding in getting a sniff of what's happening with a particular slot it ends up appearing to be a big secret even if it's not. It's not the first time I've thought there's been something secret going on with a Glasto slot but which has turned out to be 'just a band' - tho this year (I can't remember about past times) there were things that came my way to help make it look like a big secret.

So perhaps you're right and things were changed around a later stage (which might explain the word I had about RH), but that's not an idea I'll be holding onto unless something explicitly saying that comes my way.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, heard nothing .... tho personally I've got no particular reason to think they weren't always booked for there, despite the secrecy that appeared to surround that slot.

If I'm not succeeding in getting a sniff of what's happening with a particular slot it ends up appearing to be a big secret even if it's not. It's not the first time I've thought there's been something secret going on with a Glasto slot but which has turned out to be 'just a band' - tho this year (I can't remember about past times) there were things that came my way to help make it look like a big secret.

So perhaps you're right and things were changed around a later stage (which might explain the word I had about RH), but that's not an idea I'll be holding onto unless something explicitly saying that comes my way.

Cheers Neil :)

Yeah it's just interesting that the super secret slot ended up being someone fairly standard.

It's been a helluva journey, top 5 even.

If fact, one for the road;

1) In Rainbows

2) OK Computer

3) Kid A

4) A Moon Shaped Pool

5) The 2016 Radiohead Thread Rollercoaster

6) The Bends

7) Hail To The Thief

8 ) Amnesiac

9) The King of Limbs

10) Pablo Honey