Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

14 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's a bit odd that Kevin Parker is coming to Glastonbury just to DJ in Shangri-La if that is the case. they're on tour in the US the week before, and playing Roskilde on the Friday after, so 2 weeks downtime with no gig is a bit of a waste when you have a band/crew to pay....

As mental as it sounds, it might just be a case of they didn't want to book them. Tame Impala would obviously want a high slot, and maybe they weren't prepared to offer it to them. It sounds ridiculous but they probably wanted Ellie Goulding or something instead :P

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's a bit odd that Kevin Parker is coming to Glastonbury just to DJ in Shangri-La if that is the case. they're on tour in the US the week before, and playing Roskilde on the Friday after, so 2 weeks downtime with no gig is a bit of a waste when you have a band/crew to pay....

He probably just likes the festival. He's been there a good few times, and probably thought it was a cool place to hang out with some mates. Do a bit of DJ'ing with a friend, and get a few more complimentaries. No brainer!

19 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

He probably just likes the festival. He's been there a good few times, and probably thought it was a cool place to hang out with some mates. Do a bit of DJ'ing with a friend, and get a few more complimentaries. No brainer!

well i'm not doubting that he likes the place, just that he has several band members and crew on tour, most/all from Australia, so they either need to be put up for 2 weeks on the opposite side of the world while they twiddle their thumbs, or fly them home for 10 days which will cost a decent whack too. plus gear storage. it would make a lot more sense to actually play a gig during that time, if he's going to be coming to Glastonbury anyway....

Edited by ghostdancer1

Tame Impala could be doing a secret set. If they aren't announced I'm sure there will be a fair few people expecting one over the weekend. Maybe Williams Green on the Thursday (unlikely though, probably too big) or a random slot on somewhere like the Park. As already ready said its a complete waste to have Kevin Parker and not have Tame Impala on the bill, they are as deserving of a high slot than most on the line up

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

never been but this is what i'm counting on, as there's no way in hell i'm queueing for hours. want to get suitably tipsy before i enter the venue.

also excited to finally experience one of these 'London crowds' i've heard so much about, although i'm sure Radiohead fans paying £70 a pop will be more enthusiastic than your average gig

Oh you have a lot to learn.

The only enthusiastic people at this gig will be any 40somethings who managed to get a ticket, who'll be off their head on drugs.

The rest will stand their studiously stroking their beards for 2hr30mins.

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Oh you have a lot to learn.

The only enthusiastic people at this gig will be any 40somethings who managed to get a ticket, who'll be off their head on drugs.

The rest will stand their studiously stroking their beards for 2hr30mins.

Northern crowds... full of dickheads generally, but at least we have a good time.

I was at the Roundhouse last night for Father John Misty and as long as you get in front of the first set of posts you get a great view (usual caveats apply like not getting stuck behind a giant!) and the sound also was really good, excellent venue!

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Northern crowds... full of dickheads generally, but at least we have a good time.

Northerners are better than southerners in every single way when it comes to enjoying yourself.

My best glastonburys have always coincided with having northern neighbours!

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not when I saw Matt Berry on a Thursday. At one point - during a song! - there were four people next to me on their phones. One of them was watching the footie. Fuck's sake. Worst crowd ever. Not the best performance to be fair, but he didn't deserve that, by a long stretch. Did they all expect jokes?

Edit: Manchester Academy.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

London crowds are infuriating. I say that as a card carrying, shandy drinking southern Jessie. Brighton crowds are pretty good, though there is a hell of a lot of posing and scenester types hanging around - but it's Brighton. They're everywhere. And at least they guarantee there'll be good (expensive) beer

Edited by balti-pie

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Nottingham crowds are excellent. There's no point arguing who are the 'best', but crowds here in Notts definitely stand out as some of the best from what I've seen.

This. the best atmosphere I've seen at gigs has been in Nottingham, Southampton and Portsmouth being the worst! It was like half the crowd didn't want to be there. Coventry gigs always end up in the crowd chanting football songs which is annoying

Just now, Callum_96 said:

This. the best atmosphere I've seen at gigs has been in Nottingham, Southampton and Portsmouth being the worst! It was like half the crowd didn't want to be there. Coventry gigs always end up in the crowd chanting football songs which is annoying

The holy trinity of Rock City, Rescue Rooms and the Bodega is where it's at. Saw Frank Turner at Rock City in November and it was unbelievable. That place just elevates bands to a new level. 

30 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Northerners are better than southerners in every single way when it comes to enjoying yourself.

My best glastonburys have always coincided with having northern neighbours!

I've been to festivals all round the country.

Northern crowds claim they're different. They have big imaginations. ;)

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

MRW I see Neil's posting in the Radiohead thread and open it it to find he's just winding up the northerners again

Rowan-Atkinson-watching-formula-1.gif

That's possibly the most I've laughed at a gif on this site. How long have you been saving that one? :P