Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

10 minutes ago, supasum said:

Quite stupid of me to think the vast amount of recent comments suggested any new news ! :lol: 
Any reason for the subbing Adele talk ? 

It all started when someone on the Radiohead forum mentioned they had heard from a source that they are indeed subbing Adele. Neil then had a bit more info earlier today saying similar things. It could be very promising, or it could be everyone just going around in circles, with ideas that originated in this thread coming back to us as 'news'.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Despite having listened to Radiohead since the late 90's, I've only once got my shit together and actually seen them live. Well, sort of. It was 2009, and I had day tickets for Reading festival. Went with 3 mates. I went for the piss-up, but also for Radiohead, who of course I'd always wanted to see. Dead excited, I was. 

Except the pissup part got bigger, and the Radiohead part got a bit missed by my brain. I was about 12 pints in by the time I saw Gallows in the afternoon, then I went and got a round in and couldn't find my mates - leaving me with four pints. Which I drank. 

Back to the bar I went to get another four pints in, and exactly the same thing happened - I couldnt find my bloody mates. This is halfway thru Bloc Party, so I found myself a spot and started on the next load of four pints. 

Radiohead opened with Creep - this I do remember - but the twenty odd pints id had has rendered the whole rest of the concert an impossible memory. There were big icicles on the stage, and they didn't play much from The Bends. It's all a complete mystery apart from that! I've had a look at the set list online, and it sickened me to miss so many proper moments. If they do play at Glasto I'm promising myself that I'm not allowed to get absolutely bloody blotto beforehand. I had a 2 day hangover that ran into a holiday in Greece. Nobody needs a hangover that horrible in 41 degree heat. 

Summary: I'm a twat :lol:

How can you physically even drink that much liquid?

i have to switch to shorts after about 8.

33 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

I'm still considering the possibility of radiohead playing AFTER Adele. 

This would be ideal. Adele bottles it and takes the penultimate headline slot. Would make must Glastonbury punters more happy.

Could they potential extend the licence maybe for a one off late night show on the pyramid? Would the rules bend like this?

they used to put djs on after headliners at big chill, which always worked well.

Just now, chestwig said:

This would be ideal. Adele bottles it and takes the penultimate headline slot. Would make must Glastonbury punters more happy.

Could they potential extend the licence maybe for a one off late night show on the pyramid? Would the rules bend like this?

they used to put djs on after headliners at big chill, which always worked well.

considering the trouble Glastonbury still has with the local farmers and townspeople i doubt they'd ever be able to get an extension for the bigger stages running that late. definitely can't see Radiohead being on after Adele either. it's her shot at headlining, and sticking somebody on after her would totally undermine that. Radiohead have been there and done that before. what difference does it make to them if they have to play earlier this time round?

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Here is my dream 16-song setlist

There There

Bloom

All I Need

Daydreaming

Pyramid Song

Videotape

Ful Stop

The Numbers

Paranoid Android

Idioteque

Everything in its Right Place

Encore 1

2 + 2 = 5

Reckoner

Let Down

Encore 2

How to Disappear Completely

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

OK!   ad then 'My Iron Lung'....

4 hours ago, Chawk said:

Didn't see this! Sick so Clive is touring- was just about to say how I am going miss him as he adds a lot!

He was a great addition in a lot of ways, however there is a feeling that the setlists suffered a bit on the last tour as they tried to fit a few too many songs that required the extra drummer. And concerns we might get 4 TKOL songs a night for example. But as long as those don't come to pass this time will be happy he's joining. 

This trip is costing about the same as my trip to London, especially accounting for the fact the ticket is about £15 cheaper. 

And on presale day Amsterdam tickets were freely available for around 20 minutes. I believe the Paris ones were too. Worth bearing in mind next time Radiohead play small gigs....

Edited by arcade fireman

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

considering the trouble Glastonbury still has with the local farmers and townspeople i doubt they'd ever be able to get an extension for the bigger stages running that late. definitely can't see Radiohead being on after Adele either. it's her shot at headlining, and sticking somebody on after her would totally undermine that. Radiohead have been there and done that before. what difference does it make to them if they have to play earlier this time round?

She's been playing big arenas and seemingly happy as Larry. It would appear that the 'big show' nerves issue is either hugely diminished or gone. She's closing Saturday's Pyramid, end of. If RH do play this year, it ain't there and, whilst I'll be nowhere near the Pointy Stage®, Adele will be MASSIVE for the festival and I'm glad she's playing. Might mean I get into some of the smaller venues more easily on Saturday after JB!

Ben

11 hours ago, tevaburger said:

.Tame Impala would fit in nicely there

someone said something to me yesterday which should mean that Tame Impala aren't on the bill this year.

What was said is worked from an assumption, but there's solid reasons behind that assumption so it's likely to stand up.

two things:-

Firstly someone proudly told me last night that Radiohead 'leaked' their secret Park set a few years ago ... but just a day before it happened. My own RH source had 'leaked' it to me months before that, just as I've had word this year months in advance.

And I missed a call last night from someone I'd been chasing for any angle around the RH thing, so he's obviously got something to tell me tho I don't know what till we speak later. I'd given a few pointers to work from, so what he has to tell me might be a way removed from a certain "they're playing" although any of those pointers being confirmed would be (at weakest) indicative of a likely RH performance (and very likely to be a major stage performance).

So it looks like it could be an interesting day. Fingers crossed. :)

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Picture from atease:

https://m.imgur.com/a/M7B0H

8am in Amsterdam. Over 20 queuing already.

We will be in the queue at 1530, should probably take binoculars :lol:

When I was a young 'un I was obsessed with getting to a venue in good time, often queueing for a couple of hours to make sure I got a good spot. But it's a question of degrees...! Thirteen HOURS before the lads are due on stage?!

Holy Moley! Life is too short to spend that much of it in a queue. And everyone knows that being on the barrier is rubbish ;)

Ben

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

two things:-

Firstly someone proudly told me last night that Radiohead 'leaked' their secret Park set a few years ago ... but just a day before it happened. My own RH source had 'leaked' it to me months before that, just as I've had word this year months in advance.

And I missed a call last night from someone I'd been chasing for any angle around the RH thing, so he's obviously got something to tell me tho I don't know what till we speak later. I'd given a few pointers to work from, so what he has to tell me might be a way removed from a certain "they're playing" although any of those pointers being confirmed would be (at weakest) indicative of a likely RH performance (and very likely to be a major stage performance).

So it looks like it could be an interesting day. Fingers crossed. :)

Christ almighty!

Cheers Neil.

Although...AAARGH...'the missed call'!!!!

22 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Picture from atease:

https://m.imgur.com/a/M7B0H

8am in Amsterdam. Over 20 queuing already.

We will be in the queue at 1530, should probably take binoculars :lol:

well there goes my plan of leisurely strolling in at 7pm, walking straight to the front centre and mouthing 'play Let Down' to Thom the entire time

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

In a venue of that size you'll still be able to get close enough to front centre if you arrive when it opens.

never been but this is what i'm counting on, as there's no way in hell i'm queueing for hours. want to get suitably tipsy before i enter the venue.

also excited to finally experience one of these 'London crowds' i've heard so much about, although i'm sure Radiohead fans paying £70 a pop will be more enthusiastic than your average gig

Springsteen fans have the record for "most batshit military operation starting several days in advance of a gig".

But then there's definitely some advantage in queuing as there's considerable difference about being in the pit or not, and being on the barrier can lead to fairly astronomical Boss-proximity.