LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

7 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've no idea why TitP even booked LCD, most of their crowd would have been 10 years old when This Is Happening came out.

Me neither, after the embarrassing crowd that turn up to watch The War on Drugs last year (<250) I fear the worst for LCD 

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Me neither, after the embarrassing crowd that turn up to watch The War on Drugs last year (<250) I fear the worst for LCD 

I was one of the few who saw The War on Drugs at TITP last year and I was embarrassed and disappointed for them. It was a ridiculous slot, subbing Guetta on the Radio 1 stage. I was just happy I got the chance to see them at a packed out o2 Academy Liverpool show a few months before.

I agree though, LCD Soundsystem is a very strange booking for T.  

8 hours ago, weirdforces said:

That's major stereotyping of the female population, a lot of women are not that materialistic.

That is all well and good. It still does not change the fact that I do not know one single woman who would choose LCD Soundsystem over new shoes and a handbag.

A lot of women may not be materialistic. Yet there are even more that go weak at the knees at the prospect of new shoes and handbags. It is not being sexist, it is not stereotyping, it is something that is true.

It is a sad world where someone gets upset because a man says women like shoes and handbags.

Edited by eastynh
  • Downvote 10

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

That is all well and good. It still does not change the fact that I do not know one single woman who would choose LCD Soundsystem over new shoes and a handbag.

A lot of women may not be materialistic. Yet there are even more that go weak at the knees at the prospect of new shoes and handbags. It is not being sexist, it is not stereotyping, it is something that is true.

It is a sad world where someone gets upset because a man says women like shoes and handbags.

13016528_1080144752023552_39223112_o.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Fucking awful post, stop it

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I was one of the few who saw The War on Drugs at TITP last year and I was embarrassed and disappointed for them. It was a ridiculous slot, subbing Guetta on the Radio 1 stage. I was just happy I got the chance to see them at a packed out o2 Academy Liverpool show a few months before.

I agree though, LCD Soundsystem is a very strange booking for T.  

So was I John so was I, I felt embarrassed, they sounded brilliant too 

Just finished watching their Coachella set. Loved it. They really delivered. The final 30 minutes or so of the set was incredible. If they reproduce that performance at Glastonbury that will easily be the highlight of the weekend music wise. New York, I Love You was immense. 

My hype level went up a few notches after that.

Forgot to add: I think the Glastonbury crowd will take it up a few notches too. The Coachella crowd always seems very tepid and they didn't seem to react strong enough some of the key moments of the set. That show with a more knowledgeable crowd would be something else.

42 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am a woman and know many women who would choose any kind of experience that doesn't involve spending money on concrete things (concerts, travelling, studying) over anything materialistic. I am a big fan of LCD Soundsystem and I have many female friends who like them as well. My observation might be anecdotal but I'm at least not generalising.

I personally don't care much for shoes and handbags because they will break at some point while going to see a great band live will always stay in my memory. It is sexist to assume that half of our world's population cares for superficial things, but we can agree to disagree. I hope you're not too sad and we can go back to posting about an amazing band instead of stereotyping.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

I am a woman and know many women who would choose any kind of experience that doesn't involve spending money on concrete things (concerts, travelling, studying) over anything materialistic. I am a big fan of LCD Soundsystem and I have many female friends who like them as well. My observation might be anecdotal but I'm at least not generalising.

I personally don't care much for shoes and handbags because they will break at some point while going to see a great band live will always stay in my memory. It is sexist to assume that half of our world's population cares for superficial things, but we can agree to disagree. I hope you're not too sad and we can go back to posting about an amazing band instead of stereotyping.

I will happily agree to disagree and will be even happier to go back to discussing music. What was meant as a light hearted comment to Alan has been blown out of proportion.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Relevant

It is fair to say that I have it in me to unintentionally chat a load of bollocks, yet in this situation I believe I have not said anything to justify being ignored.

No one bats an eyelid on here when people stereotype Oasis fans and the like as being aggressive or causing trouble, even though it is the vast, vast minority. Yet I say women like shoes and handbags and people get upset. If I had said men like football or cats fight with dogs, not an eyebrow would have been raised imo.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

It is fair to say that I have it in me to unintentionally chat a load of bollocks, yet in this situation I believe I have not said anything to justify being ignored.

No one bats an eyelid on here when people stereotype Oasis fans and the like as being aggressive or causing trouble, even though it is the vast, vast minority. Yet I say women like shoes and handbags and people get upset. If I had said men like football or cats fight with dogs, not an eyebrow would have been raised imo.

I don't like football.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

After today I fucking hate football

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

If I had said men like football or cats fight with dogs, not an eyebrow would have been raised imo.

You can't justify a comment like that by using a hypothetical that didn't happen. Maybe less people would have got offended by a male based equivalent to what you said but that doesn't mean you should get to make stereotypes like that. Generalising is simple justs a backwards practise and you are always gonna piss people off by putting them into boxes they don't fit in, (Regardless of whether it is deemed more offensive to women or men,) rant over

Watching the Coachella set, this is gonna be one hell of a show

10 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

You can't justify a comment like that by using a hypothetical that didn't happen. Maybe less people would have got offended by a male based equivalent to what you said but that doesn't mean you should get to make stereotypes like that. Generalising is simple justs a backwards practise and you are always gonna piss people off by putting them into boxes they don't fit in, (Regardless of whether it is deemed more offensive to women or men,) rant over

Watching the Coachella set, this is gonna be one hell of a show

It is not an offensive comment. Women like shoes and handbags. If people get upset because of what I said then there is not a lot I can do about that in this instance.

There is probably a code of conduct on here in regards to racism, sexism and the like. I would be very shocked to find out that I had come anywhere near breaching the forums coc.  I am sure Neil could clarify whether I have.

I do not go out of my way to upset or offend anyone. It is fair to say that I am prone every now and again to putting my foot in it (Generally with stereotyping Scousers). If I overstep the mark then I will apologise and make sure I do not do it again. In this instance I do not believe that I have said anything that warrants an apology and for the life of me I am pretty shocked people have got upset over it.

Edited by eastynh

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

It is not an offensive comment. Women like shoes and handbags. If people get upset because of what I said then there is not a lot I can do about that in this instance.

For sure easty, every woman on the planet lists 'shoes' and 'handbags' as their top 2 interests. They should leave music to us men eh?

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I've just booked a ticket to see them in Paris with PJ Harvey, Hot Chip, James Blake, Savages and Air - so that's one clash sorted. 

Yeah that bill looks really good. I don't think there's anywhere else to see Hot Chip followed by LCD Soundsystem this summer. That'll be fun.