LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I will just be getting in from work, may tune in to see what they are about.

Are LCD still apparently headlining other?

yep, i don't think there's any other realistic place for them really

edit: despite Loaded magazine thinking the three Other headliners are Disclosure, New Order and Bring Me The Horizon

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yep, i don't think there's any other realistic place for them really

edit: despite Loaded magazine thinking the three Other headliners are Disclosure, New Order and Bring Me The Horizon

Is that a historic opinion or have they stated that recently?

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Is that a historic opinion or have they stated that recently?

they stated it in a recent article but alluded to first revealing it back in February. thing is, IF LCD aren't an Other headliner, where the hell would they play? they're not exactly gonna sub Adele, are they? Other headliner seems like the only realistic option for them

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

they stated it in a recent article but alluded to first revealing it back in February. thing is, IF LCD aren't an Other headliner, where the hell would they play? they're not exactly gonna sub Adele, are they? Other headliner seems like the only realistic option for them

Aye they don't really fit anywhere else. 

apologies, it's 7:20am apparently, on Channel 1.

the schedule is down the right hand side here (can't find any easy-to-read list). performances start from 23:35 GMT tonight.

http://live.coachella.com/

watch here if you prefer it to the coachella website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjOLOfyn95U

Edited by ghostdancer1

I'd imagine LCD are going to be headlining wherever they play, they're not going to be on the Pyramid or the Park. Other makes most sense, there's been talk of JP, could they be the 'one to gawp at' on West Holts? Understand they're not a WH type act but they're not a million miles away from Hot Chip.

I'd imagine LCD are going to be headlining wherever they play, they're not going to be on the Pyramid or the Park. Other makes most sense, there's been talk of JP, could they be the 'one to gawp at' on West Holts? Understand they're not a WH type act but they're not a million miles away from Hot Chip.

i just don't see why they'd settle for anything less than Other when they're headlining almost every other festival they're playing on this tour. West Holts would be a step down from the slot they had the last time they played and they're undeniably a bigger/more hyped act now. LCD will definitely be headlining Other - it's just a matter of whether it's Disclosure or BMTH that Loaded have got wrong

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i just don't see why they'd settle for anything less than Other when they're headlining almost every other festival they're playing on this tour. West Holts would be a step down from the slot they had the last time they played and they're undeniably a bigger/more hyped act now. LCD will definitely be headlining Other - it's just a matter of whether it's Disclosure or BMTH that Loaded have got wrong

Aye it must be, I wonder if Glastonbury's planned Other headliners were Disclosure/New Order/BMTH and when LCD became available they booked them and bumped Disclosure up to the Pyramid.

Would explain why all four have been coming from decent sources, no ones wrong, just someone's info is out of date.

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Maybe they're subbing BMTH :o :P

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Aye it must be, I wonder if Glastonbury's planned Other headliners were Disclosure/New Order/BMTH and when LCD became available they booked them and bumped Disclosure up to the Pyramid.

Would explain why all four have been coming from decent sources, no ones wrong, just someone's info is out of date.

MAYBE Disclosure are 'closing' the stage after BMTH? I imagine many BMTH would also be fans of Disclosure so it would work out nicely. Also fits in with the idea that BMTH are really not what you'd expect from an Other stage headliner. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

MAYBE Disclosure are 'closing' the stage after BMTH? I imagine many BMTH would also be fans of Disclosure so it would work out nicely. Also fits in with the idea that BMTH are really not what you'd expect from an Other stage headliner. 

I suppose the whole Ben Howard/Deadmau5 situation from last year means there's a precedent for that kinda thing.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

I suppose the whole Ben Howard/Deadmau5 situation from last year means there's a precedent for that kinda thing.

It's all the rage across European festivals. Sziget do it all the time. And it would definitely explain why we seem to have 4 headliners for one stage!

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's all the rage across European festivals. Sziget do it all the time. And it would definitely explain why we seem to have 4 headliners for one stage!

Who would sub Adele then? That seems to be the spot that Disclosure are currently occupying. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Also means we wouldn't have a Saturday Pyramid sub...

Your views intrigue me jparx and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Who would sub Adele then? That seems to be the spot that Disclosure are currently occupying. 

'Special Guests' ;)

Also means we wouldn't have a Saturday Pyramid sub...

Your views intrigue me jparx and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. 

It's in the mail!

Edited by jparx