Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Tapestry, The River and Songs in the Key of Life being played I'm full in London this summer. If you're doing repeat headliners Eavii, do them properly.

You say that as if Springsteen doing almost two hours of The River at Glastonbury would be roundly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure if they've already been mentioned on here (there are a lot of pages to trawl through) but Ocean Colour Scene are floating around.

Must be in with a shot for the prestigious "Other Stage past-it Britpop opener" slot surely?

Said for a while I think it'll be them or Travis 

42 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

Looks that way now doesn't it, Where would you have them play Gnom?

I think it would be West Holts but I'd prefer a later slot in Avalon. Slight possibility of an early Other Stage show.

11 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

What gets me is, they did that tour 3 years ago. I saw them at the Brixton Academy doing it.

Didnt they do it at 20 years and now 25? I'm sure it was 5 years ago i saw them do it at the Albert Hall

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think it would be West Holts but I'd prefer a later slot in Avalon. Slight possibility of an early Other Stage show.

Think i would prefer a later start myself mate, don`t know why exactly but i can just see it being a much much better gig in the dark.

Either way though i`ll be happy just to get them there after last years disappointment for everyone (i only found them this year and love em)

Placebo arena tour starts in October, so this year's festival season will probably come too soon. 2017 shows to be announced at a later date, so maybe next year. The FB post confirms they will be playing earlier material they haven't played in a while 

2 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Placebo arena tour starts in October, so this year's festival season will probably come too soon. 2017 shows to be announced at a later date, so maybe next year. The FB post confirms they will be playing earlier material they haven't played in a while 

I doubt they'll be booked for Glasto but I'm there. Great tour for me with a lot of stuff not played nowadays to be included.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Bluedot festival at Jodrell bank has plenty I'd like to see at Worthy Farm.... DJ Yoda goes to the Sci Fi movies. That I need to see.

The place is awesome inspiring. None of my mates are interested and there is no one that I like enough to to go on my own.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The place is awesome inspiring. None of my mates are interested and there is no one that I like enough to to go on my own.

There are plenty of acts I want to see, but none that mean I will spend money that I need to save.

Seems to be taken over by the Warehouse project, which means a change to the type of acts. Wish I'd seen the flaming lips and New Order there.