New Order

Zoo Music Girl

18 hours ago, eastynh said:

They might shock us all and have Hooky do a support set of Unknown Pleasures, then get him back on stage for an encore of LWTUA before walking off hand in hand, into the sunset.

In reality we are looking at the likes of Hot Vestry, Factory Floor, Jake Evans or at a push Johnny Marr. 

Do you think Hot Vestry and Jake Evans have incriminating photographs of the band? They must have something on the band to keep getting support slots. Maybe they are just dirt cheap!

3 hours ago, ericlered said:

Do you think Hot Vestry and Jake Evans have incriminating photographs of the band? They must have something on the band to keep getting support slots. Maybe they are just dirt cheap!

Steven and Gillians daughter is in Hot Vestry mate. Jake Evans was in Bad Lieutenant with most of them as well.

New Order have generally always kept things 'in house' hency why A Certain Ratio have been popping up in support with them.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Steven and Gillians daughter is in Hot Vestry mate. Jake Evans was in Bad Lieutenant with most of them as well.

New Order have generally always kept things 'in house' hency why A Certain Ratio have been popping up in support with them.

Did not know know that first but of info,interesting. I saw Hot Vestry at the Night & Day years ago, one of their first gigs, they all looked about 12!

On 3 July 2016 at 9:16 PM, guypjfreak said:

was made up when they played Love Will Tear Us Apart....never thought id see that live ....defo a glasto moment for me

Loved it when they played that me and the mrs went mad felt sorry for the guys round us but think they were ok. To be honest guy absolutely loved the whole thing will definitely be going again ticket day aside!

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Screenshot_2016-07-06-18-35-35.png

Would have loved ACR but i'm not really concerned. As someone has already said it's the main event i'm really, really looking forward to. Not seen 'em for donkeys and get to see 'em twice in a fortnight, belting.

19 minutes ago, davidd said:

Would have loved ACR but i'm not really concerned. As someone has already said it's the main event i'm really, really looking forward to. Not seen 'em for donkeys and get to see 'em twice in a fortnight, belting.

There is an ACR soundsystem on at the after party, which is at the old Grananda studios. No idea what an ACR soundsystem actually includes them playing live though.

35 minutes ago, eastynh said:

There is an ACR soundsystem on at the after party, which is at the old Grananda studios. No idea what an ACR soundsystem actually includes them playing live though.

Should have just had them and Happy Mondays as support at G - Mex and it'd be 1988 all over again!  Not too sure about the afters, what time do you reckon the gig will finish ?

4 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

Loved it when they played that me and the mrs went mad felt sorry for the guys round us but think they were ok. To be honest guy absolutely loved the whole thing will definitely be going again ticket day aside!

yea the wifes battered her eyes and in her lovely small voice said YOUR FUCKING GOING NEXT YEAR END OV ...to which i as a grown man and as tough as they come said [ in a sqeeky voice ] yes dear lol

so looks like ill be there for one last go lol

• Upvote 1

On 07/07/2016 at 7:25 AM, davidd said:

Righto, i'll have to see where we end up later then, won't be heading home at that time.

I will mate, no after party for me. Gonna get a curry on way home and chill. Been a hectic month and will be glad of the break.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13 July 2016 at 8:23 PM, Philomena Cunk said:

I'm probably well late on this, but as I sit here now re-watching their set, I have to say they weren't very good at all! At the time, I was spangled, and it sounded great! But it looks terrible on reflection!

The moral of the story: never re-watch on telly what you saw live! It's never really as good (plus the BBC always do shit sound mixes). I saw them on the pyramid in 2005, so was not expecting much this year, but I thought they were much better this year and enjoyed their set (I was in a nice crowd, the atmosphere was good)- I suspect if I watched it on Iplayer it would come across as worse than I remembered though!

I watched back the two tracks that went out on the BBC coverage last night - Bizarre Love Triangle and Love Will Tear Us Apart - and I have today, Barney fumbling the second line of LWTAU aside, it all looked and sounded pretty good!

Probably helped that he saved all of his whooping for the former and not the latter song.

Edited by Homer

I am going to watch Hooky next month and then put the New Order tunes away for a while. Its been none stop New Order tunes and gigs for nearly a year now so need to give them a rest.

Been a mad year to be honest. The Berlin gig last year though was one of my absolute faves though.

• 7 months later...

http://mif.co.uk/mif17-events/no12klg17mif/

New Order appear to be doing five shows over a couple of weeks residency at the Granada Studios with some orchestral backing from Joe Duddell  and the Royal Northern College of Music, and visual doodahs from Liam Gillick. Sounds kinda cool. Amongst all the other stuff announced there's also a special evening to do with Tony Wilson too for the pwoper fanatics.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

http://mif.co.uk/mif17-events/no12klg17mif/

New Order appear to be doing five shows over a couple of weeks residency at the Granada Studios with some orchestral backing from Joe Duddell  and the Royal Northern College of Music, and visual doodahs from Liam Gillick. Sounds kinda cool. Amongst all the other stuff announced there's also a special evening to do with Tony Wilson too for the pwoper fanatics.

£12 for manchester residents on a low wage. £45 otherwise

I guess that's one good thing to come out of my redundancy the other week