Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, Waapster said:

Need to give M83 some attention, I really don't know them. Anybody recommend where to start?

Really not enjoying the new stuff but head this way....

Wait - Completely beautiful 

Midnight City, Intro, Outro, My Tears are Becoming a Sea, Reunion.

Enjoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Really not enjoying the new stuff but head this way....

Wait - Completely beautiful 

Midnight City, Intro, Outro, My Tears are Becoming a Sea, Reunion.

Enjoy

Thanks for the tips. Just started listening to them this last couple of weeks and they are already one of my new favourite bands

On 08/04/2016 at 8:59 PM, Waapster said:

Need to give M83 some attention, I really don't know them. Anybody recommend where to start?

Start with their 3rd album "Before the Dawn Heals Us" and then listen to "Saturdays=Youth" and "Hurry Up We're Dreaming"

If you're into ambient/atmospheric stuff definitely check out "Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts"

This is one of my favourite songs off "Before the Dawn"

Edited by deadpheasant

52 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Start with their 3rd album "Before the Dawn Heals Us" and then listen to "Saturdays=Youth" and "Hurry Up We're Dreaming"

If you're into ambient/atmospheric stuff definitely check out "Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts"

This is one of my favourite songs off "Before the Dawn"

Thanks, I'm really getting to like them.

15 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I'm assuming that'll be it now for Music announcements on the main stage? 

Left me feeling a touch disappointed to be honest, 2014 lineup was outstanding but hey-ho the festivals still amazing regardless.

Also very happy with SLAVES.

Only Bear's Den are on the main stage from that announcement, so should still be a little more to come

Edited by Greenelk

I've just managed to fill in some spare moments by doing this : 2016 Clashfinder

The 4 music stages announced are all in there. I've used last year's timings, which better be very wrong as e.g. Sturgill Simpson should get an hour, not 40 minutes. In some cases there aren't enough acts announced to fill all the slots, then the early slots will show as TBA, so its assuming additions to the line-up will be at the start of the day.  The only difference to this is 6 Music on Saturday where I've put a TBA for the headliner.

38 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

I've just managed to fill in some spare moments by doing this : 2016 Clashfinder

The 4 music stages announced are all in there. I've used last year's timings, which better be very wrong as e.g. Sturgill Simpson should get an hour, not 40 minutes. In some cases there aren't enough acts announced to fill all the slots, then the early slots will show as TBA, so its assuming additions to the line-up will be at the start of the day.  The only difference to this is 6 Music on Saturday where I've put a TBA for the headliner.

Thanks for this - I was only looking for one last night. 

On 4/14/2016 at 5:39 PM, Born in the fifties said:

Thanks for this in return have some playlists that i have made for the various stages, where possible i have used recent playlists to select about 10 songs (this wasn't always possible with some of the smaller acts)

Well I can confirm that I'm now officially a convert to The National. I think I'd not properly got on with them before because I'd been told Alligator and Boxer were the ones to listen to, they're both pretty good, but High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me are something else. Not my usual vibe at all, but they're both really great records. It's pretty remarkable for a band to get progressively better over the course of 7 records. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do on the Obelisk. Bring on July.

I'm sure most of you who love The National know this, but for anyone who doesn't, check out the new Frightened Rabbit record, Painting Of A Panic Attack.

I've always liked this band (once I got used to the strong Scottish accent, which I found initially a little disorientating).  Like all my favourite artists, their songs are growers.

This new record is produced by Aaron Dessner of The National, and it shows - the textures and sounds are similar.  The songs are strong, and it is my current musical obsession.

Great live band too.

JonnyG