Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

5 hours ago, Charlie12 said:

Haha that won't do, the showers are the best bit :rolleyes: I would take a printout of your transaction if you can, they may just assume you got them free (I take it the tickets will have no price printed on them) the same as normal guest tickets...

Yep I've got emails from the Folkes at the ambassador place confirming the whole thing and I'll take their number and the mobile number of the person whose dealing with it so if anything goes wrong I can call and shout at someone! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, dirty_dog said:

what's the trek like with your kit to the camping areas?

Obviously in part depends on what time you arrive and where you want to pitch your tent, but to compare with the fests I know on your list, and if arriving by car : a lot lot easier than Glasto, similar to Green Man. From the car parks there are no hills/upslopes, and you're unlikely to have any under-foot problems even if there has been heavy rain. Not sure how it compares if arriving by bus.

3 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Obviously in part depends on what time you arrive and where you want to pitch your tent, but to compare with the fests I know on your list, and if arriving by car : a lot lot easier than Glasto, similar to Green Man. From the car parks there are no hills/upslopes, and you're unlikely to have any under-foot problems even if there has been heavy rain. Not sure how it compares if arriving by bus.

looking at the map it does look similar to Green Man but you can never really tell until you've done it. 

16 hours ago, dirty_dog said:

what's the trek like with your kit to the camping areas?

How found it great compared to Leeds Festival / Kendal Calling - Really nice distance to the camp from anywhere I thought and like others said it's all very flat. 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Always found Latitude the easiest to get in and set up, but then again always parked close and camped close to the entrance.

do these sort of areas fill up first?

travelling from the Wirral and looking to set off about 6am Thurs  

12 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

do these sort of areas fill up first?

travelling from the Wirral and looking to set off about 6am Thurs  

You can pitch up at any time, it never gets full. And whenever we've set off at that time from Manchester we've arrived before the gates open, so you're fine. That's definitely a good time to leave btw, the earlier you set off the shorter your journey will be, I made the grave error of setting out after the morning rush last year, we left at 9am and pitched our tent at 9pm, worst decision I could have made.

47 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I made the grave error of setting out after the morning rush last year, we left at 9am and pitched our tent at 9pm, worst decision I could have made.

was this purely down to Festival traffic near to the site or was getting through the gates a pain ? 

14 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

was this purely down to Festival traffic near to the site or was getting through the gates a pain ? 

bastard traffic near the site mostly, but the motorway do seem to clog up throughout the day, never underestimate the value of having a clear run at the start of the day, you get loads out of the way quicker than you can at any other point.

Last two years has taken over 9 hours from Worthing, last year last 10 miles took 5 years. Seems the real problem was a staff car park on the other side of main road to the festival which used a pelican crossing. Before they did this was never a problem. They have realised this and specifically changed the set up this year along with looking at trafficking in general. 

http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-2016-onsite-traffic-plan

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

bastard traffic near the site mostly, but the motorway do seem to clog up throughout the day, never underestimate the value of having a clear run at the start of the day, you get loads out of the way quicker than you can at any other point.

Last year we left after work on the Friday around 5pm from Kent (other half couldn't get away from work) JUST made it in time to hear alt-j but ended up camping right inside the entrance of the guest area it was awful, had a flood light shining on us the whole time. What do you think it will be like leaving the Thursday around 5/6pm? 

1 minute ago, jamesrfisher said:

Last two years has taken over 9 hours from Worthing, last year last 10 miles took 5 years. Seems the real problem was a staff car park on the other side of main road to the festival which used a pelican crossing. Before they did this was never a problem. They have realised this and specifically changed the set up this year along with looking at trafficking in general. 

http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-2016-onsite-traffic-plan

What times/days did you leave/arrive? 

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Last year we left after work on the Friday around 5pm from Kent (other half couldn't get away from work) JUST made it in time to hear alt-j but ended up camping right inside the entrance of the guest area it was awful, had a flood light shining on us the whole time. What do you think it will be like leaving the Thursday around 5/6pm? 

We arrived on Thursday morning around 11am I believe and we were one of the first cars in the Carpark, also found leaving a complete doddle. We left around 8am on the Monday! We must of got super lucky but found it all very easy.

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Was on the Thusday both years, had aimed to arrive about 3pm, set off from Worthing about mid-day

8 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Not sure how long it takes to arrive from Kent tbh, but I've not known it to be difficult to get a camping spot at any point Thursday arrival (Friday looks like its the only time it's ever been hard). Now that Pink Moon is bigger, it could cramp up the campsite a bit more. Traffic wise, last year was the only time I've arrived later on, but there were still people coming in past 10pm who were complaining about 2 hours + in traffic, I think that was a particularly bad year for it though, hopefully they've learned lessons.

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not sure how long it takes to arrive from Kent tbh, but I've not known it to be difficult to get a camping spot at any point Thursday arrival (Friday looks like its the only time it's ever been hard). Now that Pink Moon is bigger, it could cramp up the campsite a bit more. Traffic wise, last year was the only time I've arrived later on, but there were still people coming in past 10pm who were complaining about 2 hours + in traffic, I think that was a particularly bad year for it though, hopefully they've learned lessons.

Ok we're planning to leave early on Friday, it takes around 2hrs 20 to get from home to the festival, if we leave at 9am (after rush hour traffic) we will be there about 11.30/12. Or are we better off leaving before the rush hour traffic around 5am to arrive around 8am? We are camping in the guest camping area. Sorry for all the questions, just really worried about a repeat of last year and camping next to a flood light and scary security men. 

So after 8 Glastonbury's this will be my first Latitude. Usually do Glasto with a group of friends but doing this just with my other half ... and this is her first ever festival! So we're doing Pink Moon camping as a way of easing her into the festival way of life!

What can we expect from Latitude 2016?

Any must sees/dos over the weekend?

Edited by winnets99

Ok we're planning to leave early on Friday, it takes around 2hrs 20 to get from home to the festival, if we leave at 9am (after rush hour traffic) we will be there about 11.30/12. Or are we better off leaving before the rush hour traffic around 5am to arrive around 8am? We are camping in the guest camping area. Sorry for all the questions, just really worried about a repeat of last year and camping next to a flood light and scary security men. 

No idea what the roads are like on a Friday, but I'd always recommend leaving as early as possible, loads of people arrive on Friday, so I really wouldn't gamble getting caught in the traffic if nothing else.

5 hours ago, winnets99 said:

So after 8 Glastonbury's this will be my first Latitude. Usually do Glasto with a group of friends but doing this just with my other half ... and this is her first ever festival! So we're doing Pink Moon camping as a way of easing her into the festival way of life!

Yay! Latitude is a fab festival. I was going to go with pink moon camping but am still undecided! Definitely have an adventure round and get to know the site, a lot easier done than Glastonbury! For me I found just exploring the tents when performances were on was the best way to enjoy the festival, the amount of brilliant things we discovered last year just from wandering around! 

Traffic's impossible to predict because of the new traffic plan, but I've used the buses to Southwold in the past at 11amish, and there was no problems whatsoever.

In Guest, there should be enough room to camp on Friday, there's one lit walkway so if you're after a quiet one I'd pick the centre of the field to avoid the walkway and the sound bleed from the Yurtel/Guest bars.

5 hours ago, winnets99 said:

In comparison with Glasto, it's really really compact.  The best all-round campsite, Red, and Pink Moon is 5 minutes from the arena entrance (arena system in place so no booze through the arena barriers).  All the stages are 5-10 minutes away at most.  If you're after something unique that's not at Glasto then there's lake swimming.  The less-travelled part of the arena's at the top of the map, and well worth an explore away from the crowds.  The Faraway Forest has interesting art and an outdoor stage.   Have a look through the programme and try to catch at least one theatre show that takes your fancy.  It's an indoor venue with ca 500 raked seats so you'll be comfy and have a good view.  Also a good way to escape the midday sun!

21 hours ago, winnets99 said:

Just enjoy the scenery, it's really nice. Go in the arena as it opens one day and have a really serene walk around the woods, it's lovely. 

Guilty pleasures & the disco shed are fantastic taking-the-piss kind of fun, if they're about this year.

You'll struggle to get a good spot for any 'big name' comedians. 

Check out the poetry and cabaret if you've got a bit of time to kill and have an open mind (and probably a little bit drunk!), makes a great change of pace to the music.

There's only a handful of music stages so you'll probably get to see someone on all of them. The 6music tent has a slope from right-left so you can see a bit better on the right hand side, and it's usually less busy as it's the furthest side from the entrance. Really easy to get near the front of the Obelisk (mainstage) apart from headliners, so generally, you don't need to be very rushed to get a good spot. Enter the iArena (sunrise) from the left-hand side if you want to get near the front, it's dead easy. 

Enjoy your festival, don't forget to see The National!