Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

1 minute ago, dirty_dog said:

when do they start sending the tickets out? I'm on my hols from 28th June for 12 days

Whenever I've bought from See before, they arrived during or around Glastonbury, UAE orders are fulfilled by See this year as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing addition for the Literary tent, comics writer Kieron Gillen and artist Jamie McKelvie are going to be there in conversation with Emily McKay (music journalist). They've made a trio of excellent comics; Phonogram, The Wicked + The Divine and Young Avengers, which are just about the three best comics that exist. Also worked on loads of yer famous Marvel characters you get in the cinemas these days, like Thor and Iron Man and X-Men and so on. Read their comics, go to hear them talk about things, probably see them going mental down the front for at Grimes that night. Oh yeah, and obviously they're on the Friday, because Latitude in their infinite wisdom have crammed everything good on the Friday to make you rage out at the clashes, and then there's nowt on Sunday.

Not sure if anyone can help; 
I've purchased 2 Guest Tickets through one of their ambassadors. I've messaged the person, as well as customer service, AND the festival and the ambassador group but nobody seems to be replying to me. 
The guest tickets didn't mention anything about paying the charity donation on the door. Obviously don't want to get there and be surprised with a £100 bill to pay. Nobody is answering whether it is still applicable when purchased through an ambassador? 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, cb4747 said:

Not sure if anyone can help; 
I've purchased 2 Guest Tickets through one of their ambassadors. I've messaged the person, as well as customer service, AND the festival and the ambassador group but nobody seems to be replying to me. 
The guest tickets didn't mention anything about paying the charity donation on the door. Obviously don't want to get there and be surprised with a £100 bill to pay. Nobody is answering whether it is still applicable when purchased through an ambassador? 

Not quite sure what the question is but here's what I know from working in Guest a few years ago:

At the box office, you'll be asked to make a donation to ActionAid or similar in exchange for access to the Guest Camping and facilities.  Think it was £20 back then.  If you don't wish to pay then you will only get a standard wristband.

29 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

anyone recommendations on some of the lesser known acts?

just having a bit of Youtube session 

I'm sure somebody more indier-than-thou will know more, but here's my picks:

Obviously, Lucius on the Scary.  That goes without saying.

On the Sunrise:

Let's Eat Grandma - teenagers making bonkers nursery rhyme music

Weaves - Canadian spiky indie

The Very Best - modern Afrobeat

On the Lake:

Pixx - 4AD indie

In the Alcove:

Kero Kero Bonito - Brits doing Japan-pop.

10 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

I'm sure somebody more indier-than-thou will know more, but here's my picks:

Obviously, Lucius on the Scary.  That goes without saying.

On the Sunrise:

Let's Eat Grandma - teenagers making bonkers nursery rhyme music

Weaves - Canadian spiky indie

The Very Best - modern Afrobeat

On the Lake:

Pixx - 4AD indie

In the Alcove:

Kero Kero Bonito - Brits doing Japan-pop.

Cheers dude!

seen Pixx live before but don't remember much of it and found Weaves on youtube before but will check the rest out

24 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

Not quite sure what the question is but here's what I know from working in Guest a few years ago:

At the box office, you'll be asked to make a donation to ActionAid or similar in exchange for access to the Guest Camping and facilities.  Think it was £20 back then.  If you don't wish to pay then you will only get a standard wristband.

No the problem is I wasn't told anything about the £50 donation per person. Nobody from the festival is answering my question. I bought the tickets through an ambassador and they don't know about the donation x

54 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

anyone recommendations on some of the lesser known acts?

just having a bit of Youtube session 

I've found so many brilliant ones on Spotify, proper bangers. Have a listen to Ratboy, DMAs, Hayden James. So chuffed with the line up!

12 hours ago, cb4747 said:

No the problem is I wasn't told anything about the £50 donation per person. Nobody from the festival is answering my question. I bought the tickets through an ambassador and they don't know about the donation x

Hello cb4747,

I hate to say it but I think you've been sold snake oil in a way, yes you can gain entrance with the guest ticket but the £50 donations per ticket are mandatory, the guest tickets are supposed to be given out free of charge to guests of people whom have connection with or working in some way for the festival, they are supposed to be non tranferable and the donation would be cheap entrance if you hadn't paid for the ticket, the ticket ambassador you mention, anybody can become one you just have to sell 8 tickets and you get one free and they would not have access to guest tickets they are just normal weekend tickets, I wouldn't contact the festival about it because as I said they are supposed to be non transferable and they could take them back in theory, depends what you've paid for them but paying the mandatory donation is really your only way to get in so probably should take the hit and learn for the future, hope you didn't pay too much...you will have access to slightly better loo's and hot showers, a bar and nice campsite with a guest entrance via the woods so may still feel better off...

5 minutes ago, Charlie12 said:

Hello cb4747,

I hate to say it but I think you've been sold snake oil in a way, yes you can gain entrance with the guest ticket but the £50 donations per ticket are mandatory, the guest tickets are supposed to be given out free of charge to guests of people whom have connection with or working in some way for the festival, they are supposed to be non tranferable and the donation would be cheap entrance if you hadn't paid for the ticket, the ticket ambassador you mention, anybody can become one you just have to sell 8 tickets and you get one free and they would not have access to guest tickets they are just normal weekend tickets, I wouldn't contact the festival about it because as I said they are supposed to be non transferable and they could take them back in theory, depends what you've paid for them but paying the mandatory donation is really your only way to get in so probably should take the hit and learn for the future, hope you didn't pay too much...you will have access to slightly better loo's and hot showers, a bar and nice campsite with a guest entrance via the woods so may still feel better off...

My order details say Guest Ticket, and the getstreetteam was running a promotion for the ambassadors to sell them. The ambassador has said this ' Doesn't apply to you as you've paid for your guest ticket. Guest tickets are tickets that are given free to people that work at latitude so they have to pay £50 donation xx ' But neither Latitude or Getstreetteam are replying to my e-mails. How on earth do I actually contact someone. They were bought on the ticket website, you don't give cash to the ambassador, you give your e-mail and then get sent an e-mail by getstreetteam with a link to purchase tickets.

image.jpeg

Edited by cb4747

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

My order details say Guest Ticket, and the getstreetteam was running a promotion for the ambassadors to sell them. The ambassador has said this ' Doesn't apply to you as you've paid for your guest ticket. Guest tickets are tickets that are given free to people that work at latitude so they have to pay £50 donation xx ' But neither Latitude or Getstreetteam are replying to my e-mails. How on earth do I actually contact someone. They were bought on the ticket website, you don't give cash to the ambassador, you give your e-mail and then get sent an e-mail by getstreetteam with a link to purchase tickets.

image.jpeg

I think I can see the confusion now, on your ticket details you posted it say "adult weekend" in the ticket type box, in the name box it refers to the ambassadors guest rather than their name, so they are in fact not guest tickets, you will go to the main entrance and will not need to go to the guest box office where that £50 would be asked of guest ticket holders...

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

image.jpeg

I think I can see the confusion now, on your ticket details you posted it say "adult weekend" in the ticket type box, in the name box it refers to the ambassadors guest rather than their name, so they are in fact not guest tickets, you will go to the main entrance and will not need to go to the guest box office where that £50 would be asked of guest ticket holders...

2 hours ago, Charlie12 said:

Bit confused as I phoned the company and they said they were guest tickets. I don't mind either way, I still paid less than the standard ticket price, just confused over where I'll be going! 

4 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Bit confused as I phoned the company and they said they were guest tickets. I don't mind either way, I still paid less than the standard ticket price, just confused over where I'll be going! 

I wouldn't worry, have you got the tickets yet ? If not you will get info with them telling you what entrance and wristband exchange to use so all will be clear, and if you've been told you won't need to pay the charity donation I would think it right, after searching getstreetteam I found out a bit more,  I was worried at 1st you'd been ripped off but it does all look legit, it's just the ticket ambassadors used to be recruited direct from latitudes web page before, up until this year so I wasn't aware of them, sorry if I scared you ;0)

22 minutes ago, Charlie12 said:

I wouldn't worry, have you got the tickets yet ? If not you will get info with them telling you what entrance and wristband exchange to use so all will be clear, and if you've been told you won't need to pay the charity donation I would think it right, after searching getstreetteam I found out a bit more,  I was worried at 1st you'd been ripped off but it does all look legit, it's just the ticket ambassadors used to be recruited direct from latitudes web page before, up until this year so I wasn't aware of them, sorry if I scared you ;0)

I was a bit scared! I had guest passes last year so knew about the situ with the donation. Just didn't want to lose my shower privilege :(

5 hours ago, cb4747 said:

I was a bit scared! I had guest passes last year so knew about the situ with the donation. Just didn't want to lose my shower privilege :(

Haha that won't do, the showers are the best bit :rolleyes: I would take a printout of your transaction if you can, they may just assume you got them free (I take it the tickets will have no price printed on them) the same as normal guest tickets...