Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

On 27/06/2016 at 11:55 AM, Jacko45 said:

No problem, also check out B&M if you have one of those close to you! It's fantastic for little camping bits. 

Ooooo also I wouldn't recommend a Canvas tent, my mates suffered badly in the rain storm at Latitude 2014, leaked very badly. 

Here is our pop up sofa in action, apologies for my semi-erotic pose, I was attempting to show its versatility.... 

5wxUhme.png

Canvas bell tents are really good actually, but you do get what you pay for, mine has seen me through plenty of downpour, including the 2014 thunder storm, plus I don't think pinkmoon and other expensive camping services would get away with charging what they do for leaky tents...... 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only two washout years (as seen above) were 11 and 12.  11 was due to unusually heavy storms from Thurs - Sat, and 12 was due to 6 weeks continuous rain beforehand and showers through the weekend.  This year hasn't quite been as bad as 12, so we can probably rule that out.  It's only severe weather through the event to worry about, hopefully that won't happen.  My gut feeling is we'll get the 'washing machine' weather of the noughties - wind, rain and sun all in one day.  There's also the small issue of moving the Other Stage from Glasto to become the Obelisk - but I'm sure FR will have its organisational act together on that one.

Anyways, got my staff info pack through, looks like it's a new campsite for us, things are getting switched round behind the scenes .

5 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Just looked at the July forecast and it looks okay! Is there any point in taking wellies or will walking boots be fine? We've decided to leave early Friday morning to arrive there at 9am, the Guest box office doesn't open until 9. Hoping there will be plenty of camping spaces left!

As far as I'm aware anything beyond 5 days in weather forecasting is an educated guess, so it's too early to tell on that one.  For walking boots v wellies, I've always took boots, and got away with it (just) in 11/12.  Haven't been working in Guest for a couple of years, but previously there was still plenty space on Friday morning as many people in the business connected with the acts who are there will be at work elsewhere on the Friday, so you'll beat them in.  If you want peace and quiet then try to get near the box office entrance and to the right to avoid sound bleed from the bar and Yurtel - but it'll be further away from the toilets/showers.  It's all about compromises, this camping lark...

2 hours ago, Charlie12 said:

Canvas bell tents are really good actually, but you do get what you pay for, mine has seen me through plenty of downpour, including the 2014 thunder storm, plus I don't think pinkmoon and other expensive camping services would get away with charging what they do for leaky tents...... 

Apologies! What this man said!

my mate just have bought a shite one Tent in that case :) 

'12 was our first year. Muddy as a motherfucker, but we fell in love with it and returned each year since. If it's muddy again, it's muddy again; we'll eat, drink, watch Grimes and be merry. 

Real talk, food talk. Happy Maki vegan sushi van from Glastonbury told me they will be there. No Bones Jones said they applied and didn't hear back. Forgot to ask Hurly Burly as I am a wally. Veggie and vegan options have took a bit of a nosedive in recent years, so the addition of Happy Maki is more than welcome. Anybody else with confirmations?

Does anyone have any experience with the day ticket camping? It says you can arrive at 10am on the day of your ticket and that it's on a first come basis, but has anyone struggled to get a space? 

I'm considering buying a Sat ticket to see The National but just wondering if the one day camping is a ball ache or not.

1 hour ago, Paula-C said:

Does anyone have any experience with the day ticket camping? It says you can arrive at 10am on the day of your ticket and that it's on a first come basis, but has anyone struggled to get a space? 

I'm considering buying a Sat ticket to see The National but just wondering if the one day camping is a ball ache or not.

I've never used it as always do the weekend, it's been discussed on the forum in the past though, it never fills apparently so you should be fine....

Edited by Charlie12

On 28 June 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jacko45 said:

Guys a heads up! Order 20 Cold Cans of Carlsberg / Carlsberg Export / Somersby for £20 and collect at the festival. 

Little bit more pricey but no need to carry and they'll be lovely and cold, pay when you get there. 

http://www.festivalcoldcans.co.uk/age-check/?url=http://www.festivalcoldcans.co.uk/pre-order/

Does anyone have any more info on this? The website has so little information it is annoying. 

Basically im just wondering where the cans are collected from and if we can pick up, say, 20 cans each day or if it only for day 1?

7 hours ago, Paula-C said:

I've got ya. I went on Saturday last year for Portishead - arrived at about 1pm - and had no issues with space. When I got back (about 3am), there was maybe 5 or 6 new tents. Maybe 20 in total. You just get shoved at the back of the car park, basically. You'll have no problems pitching up. Getting there earlier will just get you closer to the hedge for a quieter sleep.

10 hours ago, Gazsimmo1980 said:

Does anyone have any more info on this? The website has so little information it is annoying. 

Basically im just wondering where the cans are collected from and if we can pick up, say, 20 cans each day or if it only for day 1?

did you read this ? as there is a limit of 20 cans.{maximum 2 x 10 packs}

http://www.festivalcoldcans.co.uk/tacs/pretacs/pretacs.html

I dont have the barmap yet but it will be in 'The Village' or close as its bound to be run by the WBC.

I am sure the details will be sent to you once you make a order -

Can anyone give me any info about the disabled campsite? 

I have MS but am not in a wheelchair, just can't walk very long distances and get very fatigued if stressed out.

Is it a long distance from car park to campsite, and if so do they provide a shuttle like they do at Glasto? I have been at Glasto disabled camping for past three years (including this year's mud hell!)

Is the camping run by the same Attitude Is Everything organisation? 

Thanks for any tips/advice!

10 hours ago, CatherineS said:

I have MS but am not in a wheelchair, just can't walk very long distances and get very fatigued if stressed out.

Is it a long distance from car park to campsite, and if so do they provide a shuttle like they do at Glasto? I have been at Glasto disabled camping for past three years (including this year's mud hell!)

Prefacing it with the usual 'that's how it was last year' disclaimer...

The disabled car park is by the Guest box office, and 150m from the disabled field.  You can do a drop-off at the edge of the camping, and park up afterwards.  From the camping to the arena entrance is 100m down a gently-sloped gravel path.  As it's so close there's no shuttle bus.

Yes, Attitude is Everything are in the field during daylight hours, with Campsite Assistant Teams in the night hours.

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Few days before, look forward to chewing your face off when you see how all the good bands are lumped together in clashes.

Ha! Yeah I'm definitely anticipating a fair bit of face chewing. By the looks of it almost everything I want to see is going to clash on the Friday. 

1 hour ago, Dr Glasto said:

Ha! Yeah I'm definitely anticipating a fair bit of face chewing. By the looks of it almost everything I want to see is going to clash on the Friday. 

Yeah, everything on Friday and nothing on the Sunday. w*nkers. I can see them plotting a mega 4 way clash between Father John Misty, Christine & The Queens, Anna Meredith and Kieron Gillen & Jaime McKelvie, and I'm not happy about it.

Looking forward to it - we have missed the last two years as we didn't much fancy the line up in '14 and '15, and also had a 4 month old baby last year, felt it was a bit too early to get him camping, although he popped his festival cherry at 6 months old at End Of The Road.

We are going in Family Camping at my wife's insistence.  I'd have preferred to have camped in one of the more outlying parts of yellow camping with a bit of space/distance from neighbours. What's it like in the Family area, respectfully quiet (screaming babies aside)? 

I recall a thread on here last year where I got the impression that there were a load of marauding 15yo Tarquins making noise until the early hours.   

16 hours ago, alan_clarke1 said:

Couple of questions:

1) What do people usually get up to on Thursday once they've arrived. Is there much going on?

2) That beer offer posted above - will collection be within the arena or are these just for drinking within the campsite?

1) a) Usually set up tent, have a beer and people watch.

B) Also get the programe it is a marvel, bigger than a lot of books and very informative.

c)There will be a few things going on in the arena, as you have never been its a great time to explore the site. Usually some poetry, literature, Film and Music tent and other bits and pieces in the woods. One year they had Nigel Kennedy on the Lake stage.

2) i am assuming it will be in the village and not for the arena

16 hours ago, alan_clarke1 said:

Couple of questions:

1) What do people usually get up to on Thursday once they've arrived. Is there much going on?

2) That beer offer posted above - will collection be within the arena or are these just for drinking within the campsite?

it will be in 'The Village'  which is outside the arena so you will not be allowed to walk in with the cans into the arena.

On 03/07/2016 at 10:24 AM, CatherineS said:

note ' this is a old image ' but it does not matter - look at the field on the right ' after the lake - that is the area shared by Guest's and disabled { with the disabled camping area on the left of that field }  ' tillyandthewall ' is correct it is very close and so is parking. There in no change I can see looking at the 2016 map.

Events_Image.jpg