Foals

The 38 year old virgin

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Apparently Jimmy from the band told someone they're playing Glastonbury last night.

It's on the #twisto facebook page or whatever it is. I got sent a screenshot.

This will make me very happy

Maybe already common knowledge but Foals are definately playing Glasto.

I was being a complete fanboy to Jimmy from the band last night and when my friend said "oh man I hope you're playing glastonbury " he said "yeah we are"

So straight from the horses mouth, if you will.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Maybe already common knowledge but Foals are definately playing Glasto.

I was being a complete fanboy to Jimmy from the band last night and when my friend said "oh man I hope you're playing glastonbury " he said "yeah we are"

So straight from the horses mouth, if you will.

surprising if true, as i thought they were nailed on to headline Reading and Leeds. can't see them headlining Glastonbury myself (i know i've gone on and on about how they're definitely gonna headline R/Ls and not sub, but that seems a natural fit right now, whereas Glastonbury, to me, doesn't just yet) so if they are playing, very strong sub? would've even said Other Stage opener but my expectations for that have gotten a lot more realistic considering what we've had in previous years

if they are playing Glastonbury then i guess that makes them more likely to sub Reading and Leeds as well. could be a load of bollocks though - people love to make shit like this up for no reason

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Since they keep other stage openers secret, i could see them doing that and reading. 

would be a huge step up from the previous years' acts. Beady Eye, Kaiser Chiefs and The Charlatans, all midday fodder at best, to a festival headliner in their own right. i know they were apparently asked to fill in for Flo's spot this year so some kind of agreement might've been made then, but it still seems unlikely

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

surprising if true, as i thought they were nailed on to headline Reading and Leeds. can't see them headlining Glastonbury myself (i know i've gone on and on about how they're definitely gonna headline R/Ls and not sub, but that seems a natural fit right now, whereas Glastonbury, to me, doesn't just yet) so if they are playing, very strong sub? would've even said Other Stage opener but my expectations for that have gotten a lot more realistic considering what we've had in previous years

if they are playing Glastonbury then i guess that makes them more likely to sub Reading and Leeds as well. could be a load of bollocks though - people love to make shit like this up for no reason

I think it's bullshit personally.

Way too much going for them headlining R+L; a guy working at their label apparently said that according to an eFester, Neil has heard that from a "not-100%-accurate (but not far off) source" and also the band made out that they're headlining festivals next year. Only way I could see it happening is the scenario that they're now headlining Glastonbury as well as R+L because someone fell through (considering they were offered sub this year when headliners were apparently already booked) but I'm not expecting that or them at Glasto.

Other opener could be an outside possibility but as you've said, they're a different quantity to the acts that have done that recently and they would be foregoing another European festival slot to do so.

14 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Hesitant to believe this for the same reasons others have stated but I'd be over the moon if it's true. They deserve it and they would smash it.

Yeah I'd be ecstatic if they headlined and it'd restore some faith in the festival's new headliner bookings but recently having Florence initiially in to sub and Biffy Clyro apparently not being big enough, and what Michael reportedly said about Foals according to S2H, then it doesn't look to be happening.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Doubt it's true, but if they agreed to do a secret set at R&L this year then they may agree to do one at Glasto?

Saying that, them agreeing to the R&L secret set was probably linked to them headlining next year.

If Muse throw out the 'second summer touring an album' thing next year then Foals in 2017 would be fine with me.