Next Time I Will NOT...

ICGenie

To complement the opposite thread, what did you do this year that you won't do next year.

My number one is sweetie vodka. The fruit ones were much nicer and the syrupy sweetness just didn't work. One bottle came back untouched.

Also trying to hang out in SE corner late night. Why do I bother, it's just infinite crowds.

Queue from Tuesday night.

Agreed I will be just like every other tit that thought it okay to turn up at 7:00am in the blue carpark going into Gate B and jump the que.

Got there 3am weds, was going to spend a few hours in the car but everyone else started to que so I thought sod it so will I, but 7am rolled round and every other bugger thought it okay to walk right down to the front. 

God bless me and my manners but in situations like that it gets me no where.

1/ Have some crazy hot chili sauce on a hot dog and then go into a complete daze for a couple of hours and have to sleep it off. Very bizarre. 

2/ Completely burn myself out by Sunday afternoon so much that I could barely move in the evening. Luckily my tent was facing the Other stage.

See all three Pyramid headliners, even if I like all three Pyramid headliners. The Who just didn't feel so special after already seeing Flo and Kanye.

I definitely agree with this. I am a huge fan of The Who, but it really didn't feel special at all. Flo was exciting (for me) because it was a huge opportunity and a band stepping up to the next level, and obviously Kanye's set felt incredibly unique, whatever you thought of it. By the time The Who rolled around, it just felt like another band playing tunes. They sounded solid and I definitely enjoyed it, but it felt very ordinary. 

Feel any guilt about going to bed early.

A very early night on Friday led to the most lovely Saturday morning for me.

Also this! I was knackered on Saturday and went to bed at 12, but I ended up feeling SO much better yesterday. Sometimes it's OK to have an early night so you enjoy the following day that much more. 

And on a larger point, do what you want to do, and not what you feel you should do. 

Feel any guilt about going to bed early.

A very early night on Friday led to the most lovely Saturday morning for me.

Chilling on Wednesday and having a kip Saturday evening (with Ben Howard in the background) made such a difference to my energy levels.

Thought of another one: eat anywhere near the Pyramid. Always awful.

Camp in bushy ground. Normally go for kidney mead, but as there was more of us going than usual this year, someone who camped in bushy ground last year convinced us it was a perfect place to get all the tents together. Going back to the tent was a mission from just about anywhere on site, so you either had to take shit loads with you in the morning or schedule an hour or so out of your evening to make a run.