Who were your top 5 of the weekend

dingbat2

PSB I was on the front rail with Go and Everest the brilliant highlights.

Patti Smith

Lionel Richie

Future Islands

Belle and Seb. I'll have that run of four as one choice. Unlikely to have a better run if I keep going till ian 90

billy Bragg in Toad Hall

Frank Turner

Super Furry Animals. Thanks to this site missing the Foos was not so bad

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future Islands - what a set, what moves, what a glorious mess I was in.

Sleaford Mods - loved it, especially when he was asking the crowd how the warm up act was.

Mik Artistik (Thurs night/Rocket Lounge) - amazing set, what a guy.

Hot Chip - after being so undecided, I fancied a sing along so went and had a really great time. It was very busy where I was stood though which took a bit of the fun out.

Some female comedian in the cabaret tent on Sunday night - purely for her joke at the end describing what it's like having a vagina. I could barely breathe.

Honourable mentions: Lionel who looked like he was having a great time, but I was in a dud spot for the sound, could barely hear anything and I left early, and Juck Juck Grunzie for their Friday set in the pissing rain who put in a great performance despite the horizontal rain.

You and me were 2 of the 20 or so people watching. They were marvellous. That cover of too drunk too fuck sounded really good. Totally bizarre

Seen a few mention how good the charlatans were.

I thought they were shit. Never seen them before. I like quite a few of their tunes, but I thought it was boring.

i quite enjoyed them. don't really know much of their stuff other than the big hits, and it was clear most of the crowd didn't know or care who they were, but they did okay. a weird booking for the Other opener though - think they should go for somebody a little more currently popular next time round

Seen a few mention how good the charlatans were.

I thought they were shit. Never seen them before. I like quite a few of their tunes, but I thought it was boring.

I thought the same but it might have been my late arrival so I didnt trying to get a good spot

I know this isn't a most disliked thread but I notice no one has said Ben Howard, I went as my missus likes him as I did with James Bay ( who was actually not bad), anyway it was definitely the dullest set I seen all week, did anyone like it and was it a typical performance?

I know this isn't a most disliked thread but I notice no one has said Ben Howard, I went as my missus likes him as I did with James Bay ( who was actually not bad), anyway it was definitely the dullest set I seen all week, did anyone like it and was it a typical performance?

I thought it was alright but certainly nothing to get excited about. It was pretty similar to his tour in April, people weren't bothered about the new songs and only seemed to know songs from the first album. I was standing in the middle on his tour and everyone around me was just talking so I moved further back but people there were just singing the vocal riff from The Wolves over and over again :lol:. I love his stuff on record, his second album particularly, but that's twice I've seen him now and not been that impressed.

Lionel Richie - Up there with my all-time favourite Glasto sets. Got it.

Vintage Trouble - Sensational work from the front man, a year in the making

Mark Ronson - Really impressed with the show he put on. Great finale.

Burt Bacharach - Did a medley of songs that other artists would kill to have just one of

Baggy Mondays - Perfect way to kick off the festival, shame it was on so early

Run The Jewels - el-p and killer mike absolutely killed it, they seemed really touched by the crowd as well, one of my fave things about glasto is how everyone seems honoured to play there and that was definitely the case with rtj

Sharon Van Etten - amazing set in the relative sunshine, Park was the perfect venue for her, sparse crowd made it nice and intimate, beautiful stuff. 

Andreya Triana - Sonic Stage, saturday lunchtime, Lost Where I Belong is one of my fave underrated albums, lovely voice, saw her by myself and it was just so relaxing and fun. 

Patti Smith - Dalai Lama and Patti's general attitude made this a fucking awesome highlight. 

Kate Tempest - Shivers down my spine for a full hour, fucking incredible, went there on a whim as me and my mate like that "i go round in circles" song that's always on R6, she absolutely killed it, probably set of the weekend for me. 

Kanye was pretty swag as well.... 

Baggy Mondays - Great tunes in the sun.

The Cribs - Would've loved them on later possibly on John Peel but they were brilliant.

Slaves - Entertaining and loud. Blew me away.

Django Django - Even despite the sound problems I thought they were outstanding. Really tight.

Hot Chip - Incredible.

Honourable mention:

Hip-Hop Karaoke. Loved it last year and this year was the same. Special mention to the guy who performed Shook Ones Pt. II word-for-word perfect with his daughter(?) dancing up on stage with him.