Sub to be added?

Matt42

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daft suggestion at face value, but they do have previous for absolutely fucking nailing it

]fun loving criminals scooby snacks live glastonbu…: https://youtu.be/nrf4DK-Sv1E

I thank you ! They also nailed it in 2008. Bet they would pull a bigger crowd than any of the aforementioned shite !!!

Still it's irrelevant it won't be them lol

Or will it

You're clearly a massive James fan. Does this, coupled with the fact almost everyone is telling you your viewpoint is wrong, not make you think bias might be clouding your judgement?

James aren't a Glastonbury sub.

The only issue with that statement is they have subbed Glastonbury.

I apologise for being completely wrong about their current musical output. Although maybe as a reasonably in tune musically mid twenty something who has been to 4 Glastonburys, it probably says a lot that I couldn't name a single James song and didn't know they were still releasing. The charts also don't seem to know they are still releasing, but I've noticed before you're unable to see that at least having some commercial success is reasonably important to securing a Glastonbury spot.

How many chart hits have The Who or The Rolling Stones had lately? Paul Weller is subbing Sunday and it's not like he actually plays any Jam tunes anymore. James would play more songs people knew than Weller will... Morrissey subbed in 2011 and doesn't play Smiths stuff either and no kids have heard of him.

All that said, I'd actually think they're just short of that spot. They'd probably be third on the bill. So as circumstances go, they'd be a good fit here.

How many chart hits have The Who or The Rolling Stones had lately? Paul Weller is subbing Sunday and it's not like he actually plays any Jam tunes anymore. James would play more songs people knew than Weller will... Morrissey subbed in 2011 and doesn't play Smiths stuff either and no kids have heard of him.

All that said, I'd actually think they're just short of that spot. They'd probably be third on the bill. So as circumstances go, they'd be a good fit here.

Morrissey played 5 Smiths songs in 2011 to be fair. I think Morrissey's got a reasonable number of younger fans too though although that's mostly based on twitter. 

Paul Weller is subbing Sunday and it's not like he actually plays any Jam tunes anymore. James would play more songs people knew than Weller will...

To be fair, if Weller really doesn't play any Jam stuff whatsoever, then that's not a justification for James playing higher, to me it says that Weller should be at least a couple slots lower. That's most of the material people would be interested in hearing from him.

I really don't care where I want to see the sub! In fact they'll clash with Caribou and some other bands who I'll want to see. It's probably not worth the stress and hassle, trying to see the sub.

Who ever they are I want them to have a really great stab at it, and nail it as fine as they can. Flo and the sub have a lot more on their plate than usual. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.