Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Roger Taylor is one of the most accomplished vocalists alive today, one of only a tiny handful of 4 octave singers, he is no showman so Queen without Freddie would been lacking a bit of extra spark, but Taylor could have more than filled in if Freddie had broken his leg

He is a pretty limited vocalist actually. Outside the theatrical screams his voice has a decidedly average timbre. Would he have filled in from behind the drum kit? And you've missed the point of Freddie completely. No showman, no show.

You made the same mistake with Foo Fighters too. But given your comments about tree huggers and many others I suspect a dull, lifeless energy free set would suit you well. I'd like to hope Glastonbury will open your mind a little.

Edit: I've just seen you used the word spastic as an insult. That's below even your low standards. See ya...

Edited by Waapster

course i have

at present my plans are

Wilko Johnson

Motorhead

Florence

Proclaimers

The Who

Bootleg Beatles

Tom Robinson

Courtney Barrett

Patti Smith

Paul Weller

Frank Turner

Wolf Alice

I dont know timings so there may be clashes, but they are my priority

I have no interest in circuses, tree hugger rubbish, dj sets etc, but will see some bands/artists

Bon, you are without doubt the single most baffling Glasto goer I have ever met either in person or in a virtual sense.

A question, if you don't mind:

When was the last time a piece of music / artist / art (in any form I 'spose) utterly sent you into a spin and totally blew your mind?

And what / who was it?

And in what way did it have an affect on you?

By all means tell me to fuck right off, obviously.

Doesn't really bring us any closer to knowing about Glastonbury. Hopefully either the band or festival say something soon.

Yeah it's not that much of a game changer other than if they were doing Pinkpop, then they'd be doing the following gigs too. What Glasto said about it "taking more than that to stop him" seems premature now though if their next gig didn't even know until under an hour ago or something.

As witnessed by tens of thousands in attendance at Foo Fighters’ June 12 show at Ullevi Stadium, Dave Grohl took a nasty spill during the second song of the set. With the help of on-site medical staff who patched him up temporarily, Dave was able to rejoin the band to complete that performance.

While the full extent of Dave’s injuries are still being determined, it was confirmed at a post-show hospital visit that he sustained at least one fracture.

As a result Foo Fighters have been forced to cancel their June 14 appearance at the Pinkpop Festival as well as their June 16 show at the AFG Arena in St. Gallen, Switzerland.

What's baffling? He seems like your typical Tory nobhead to me, from the posts I've seen his opinions, language and behaviour are exactly what I would expect from someone like him.

Granted. Duly noted. Fully understood, etc.

I'm just interested in hearing Bon's response.

As witnessed by tens of thousands in attendance at Foo Fighters’ June 12 show at Ullevi Stadium, Dave Grohl took a nasty spill during the second song of the set. With the help of on-site medical staff who patched him up temporarily, Dave was able to rejoin the band to complete that performance.

While the full extent of Dave’s injuries are still being determined, it was confirmed at a post-show hospital visit that he sustained at least one fracture.

As a result Foo Fighters have been forced to cancel their June 14 appearance at the Pinkpop Festival as well as their June 16 show at the AFG Arena in St. Gallen, Switzerland.

Sounds pretty much as expected then. An element of seeing how it goes with eyes set on Wembley and beyond.

He is a pretty limited vocalist actually. Outside the theatrical screams his voice has a decidedly average timbre. Would he have filled in from behind the drum kit? And you've missed the point of Freddie completely. No showman, no show.

You made the same mistake with Foo Fighters too. But given your comments about tree huggers and many others I suspect a dull, lifeless energy free set would suit you well. I'd like to hope Glastonbury will open your mind a little.

Edit: I've just seen you used the word spastic as an insult. That's below even your low standards. See ya...

The 'spastics' comment was uncalled for, i was annoyed at what i thought at the time was racial abuse, as i thought i had mentioned before on here i am mixed race

Plenty of drummers have been able to do lead vocals, Don Henley, Phil Collins etc

Of course a Queen concert without Freddie would have been a complete shadow of its true self but people go to a gig for the music by and large not the lead singer so am sure Roger/Brian stepping up in that situation would have worked, although neither could have put on a show like Freddie

I really wonder if they are just gonna fly Dave back to the UK and only do the wembley and Glasto shows...

You're probably right that they're hoping to do that as Wembley shows are the next ones but I reckon if they do those then they'll do Hampden and Werchter in between them and Glastonbury too.

Edited by dentalplan