2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

Just now, thatcrazypenguin said:

are you mr over sensitive or what tonight pal? I merely stated it wouldn't be to far fetched they went for the radio one crowd given their current more radio friendly musical direction, thats just stating a fact and I dont really give a care either way I dont listen to them so why would I?

and whats with the Metallica comparisons yes they also changed their sound thats also a known fact...whats your point?

i was just pointing out that one of your many criticisms of BMTH was, once again, null and void. i still very much doubt Radio One's Big Weekend was the festival they were hoping to do, and assume it's Glastonbury. i mean, if there's any festival in the UK you'd hope to do, that's the one right?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

who said Kendrick? i want to believe that guy

i'm unsure whether the guy with the New Order and LCD info had actual info or not, as they were both heavily rumoured to be headlining by everybody anyway. why would he have those two names and not the third (who we were all unsure of as well)?

Disclosure, New Order, BMTH is what i'm going for (with BMTH possibly subbing The 1975 or vice versa)

LCD subbing Radiohead, because it's so perfect 

I'm tempted based on this to go for:

Disclosure
Bastille

New Order
The 1975

LCD
BMTH

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i'd be happy with that, and The 1975 subbing New Order is definitely something id considered

The 1975 won't headline it purely down to how many options there are that are more viable alone. I hadn't considered Disclosure, which given their schedule I'm not sure why given they are exclusive either but I guess no one did. Absolute mess up on R&L part if so. I think there is a case now though with the fest maybe from the two years of having the broader act we'll say in the subbing position and treating the header as a closing dance act.

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I've a feeling that they were specifically prompted about Glastonbury in that interview they did with Jordan replying "We can't exactly say it, can we?" or something along those lines.

It was an interview with the Metro I think (or maybe NME). They asked about festivals, well more specifically, it was something like "you did Reading this year, what's next? Glastonbury?" and they replied "they can't say"

I also tweeted Jordan Fish about it and he replied with a winky face. 

2 hours ago, theDandy said:

I would be content with that

Well at the end of the day, LCD aren't going to play Pyramid imo and the only thing that could change there is The 1975 as I believe BMTH will be there.

The only small chance could be, and I think it woud be too strong is if Disclosure actually sub LCD on Friday with Bastille playing 3rd down and then BMTH either sub or headline.

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well at the end of the day, LCD aren't going to play Pyramid imo and the only thing that could change there is The 1975 as I believe BMTH will be there.

The only small chance could be, and I think it woud be too strong is if Disclosure actually sub LCD on Friday with Bastille playing 3rd down and then BMTH either sub or headline.

no way will Disclosure, a Reading headliner, sub Other. if they play then it's definitely gonna be headlining Other

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

no way will Disclosure, a Reading headliner, sub Other. if they play then it's definitely gonna be headlining Other

I did put it underneath as I thought it was a no chance which maybe I should have included. But yeah I would be surprised to see those 6 as the other top. I'd go for one possibly clash depending but top two over years on Other isn't generally for me so.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Well weak co-headliner in a year when they are apparently struggling to get the right acts in :P

That said, I can't see it as they would need the darkness, so either they headline the other or are not there. (Can't see a return to West Holts)

Out of the six main headliners I'm more than happy to blow two of my headline slots on New Order and LCD Soundsystem. If this were Deal or No Deal I'd be screaming "DEAAAAAAAL" right now.

Dance influenced indie music x2 (broadly speaking) has got to be a pretty decent formula for the kind of state most of people are in by about headline time (upbeat but no too much for anyone who is flagging).

Edited by Homer

On 03/02/2016 at 0:09 PM, Badlands said:

You not read the post from Neil earlier saying he had his info wrong, it was actually Newton Faulkner. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news bud.....

There is still hope mate. That Glasto sized hole in their schedule is telling. Have some true faith :-)

On 04/02/2016 at 10:09 AM, Homer said:

Out of the six main headliners I'm more than happy to blow two of my headline slots on New Order and LCD Soundsystem. If this were Deal or No Deal I'd be screaming "DEAAAAAAAL" right now.

Dance influenced indie music x2 (broadly speaking) has got to be a pretty decent formula for the kind of state most of people are in by about headline time (upbeat but no too much for anyone who is flagging).

I am quite looking forward to LCD now in a funny way. They have not won me over on record but as you say, they are exactly the type of thing to get your groove going at that time in the evening :-)

On 4 February 2016 at 1:45 AM, Will-2609 said:

If Disclosure are there then Foals are gonna be as well aren't they, seeing as it'll confirm the non-exclusive status of Foals/Disclosure and we've had info on them being there.

Pyramid sub, mind; not Other headliners.

Surely Disclosure can't be touted as an 'exclusive' because they will be playing their own festival they curate with Rudimental? 

13 minutes ago, AdamWillingham said:

Surely Disclosure can't be touted as an 'exclusive' because they will be playing their own festival they curate with Rudimental? 

yeah, if it wasn't for the person on here saying they'd heard that Disclosure will be headlining Other Friday with Bastille subbing i would've said they're unlikely and the non-exclusive at R/L was because of their own festival. guess we'll have to wait and see, as the top of the Other stage was looking mighty full even without them!

Edited by FloorFiller

18 minutes ago, AdamWillingham said:

Yeah exactly. I thought there was a chance that that was the only reason for their non-exclusivity and that Foals' would be for something else minor like 6 music Festival, and that neither would be allowed to play other major fests. If Disclosure are at Glasto then that makes that incorrect and means Foals are probably allowed to play as well.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah, if it wasn't for the person on here saying they'd heard that Disclosure will be headlining Other Friday with Bastille subbing i would've said they're unlikely and the non-exclusive at R/L was because of their own festival. guess we'll have to wait and see, as the top of the Other stage was looking mighty full even without them!

That gets announced on Tuesday. Obviously won't change things but I guess if they're not playing it and not an English exclusive then it adds fuel to the fire.

I personally doubt either will be at Glasto but other things that are less of a competitor to R+L are keeping them from being an exclusive but we'll wait and see. Hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see Foals again, despite it being a bit crap last time they did Glastonbury.

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I've missed this, someone saying these two were Friday Other.