Confirmed Secret Sets 2015 (read first page)

stuartbert two hats

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed my IFTTT recipe so it's not including the twitter link, because the internet probably didn't exist when the phone I'm taking was made!

No Tweets to test it with yet, but fingers crossed.  I can't decide whether to add the @GlastoFest but they tweet an awful lot!

Drenge are definitely playing.  I knew info from Scotty would be good.

http://musicremedy.com/drenge-talks-festival-season-us-touring-essentials-and-touring-the-states/

The only doubt is that slot, but I think we've got it right with before Wolf Alice.

And let's just keep that to ourselves, shall we? No point in making it all congested in William's Green, now is there?

;)

Ben

Not sure it counts if a little known band and they tweet it themselves but...

Activators, Rabbit Hole, 4am Saturday.

@ActivatorsUK 3rd gig @GlastoFest - secret location 4am on Saturday morning #mysterious #skasingalong /sSAGZHZcVU

Me neither.  I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.  Even less sure if it's worth people's phone buzzing for some random little act - more of an ad than a tip!

I'll probably add some of these smaller ones to the front page.  Keep them coming, please!  You may note I've update the bio on Twitter to give credit to all you lot!  As far as I'm concerned, it's an eFests community account, I'm just the bozo who has nothing better to do over the weekend who's sending the tweets out!

And let's just keep that to ourselves, shall we? No point in making it all congested in William's Green, now is there?

;)

Ben

I'm not entirely sure you get this account Ben...

In seriousness, for the WG acts, I'm not going to tweet them until closer to the time.  If people care enough to look on the forum, they can, but I won't be broadcasting to 5.8k people days in advance. 

I'm not saying the account is a bad idea, but do you think these kind of slots could eventually fall victim to the likes of secretglasto? If everyone knows about them they just won't be able to happen. Just a thought like.

I kind of agree actually. If I was to do this year again, I'd be tempted to remove the list on the front page, but it's a bit late now.

Be interesting on what people think after the festival. I think a poll may be in order. Is this ruining the magic, or just really useful?

I thought you might when you mentioned not tweeting the Thursday secret sets until nearer the time. Essentially an element of censorship.

I'm not sure the front page of this thread is a problem, but having a twitter account with what I'm sure in the coming years will be 10s of thousands of followers, all theoretically able to get instant notifications to their phone, means there will be very few people at the festival unaware of any secret that comes out. eFestivals will continue to be relatively underground but the account is basically such a good idea it will eventually become mainstream.

I kind of agree actually. If I was to do this year again, I'd be tempted to remove the list on the front page, but it's a bit late now.

Be interesting on what people think after the festival. I think a poll may be in order. Is this ruining the magic, or just really useful?

Maybe a new twitter account being set up each year could help curb the amount of people who follow it, thus leaving less people in the know, unless they've gone to the effort of finding the new twitter account and setting up the text alerts etc, rather than just relying on their old notification settings pop up year after year

reckon i'll be heading for this guilty pleasures thing that's happening beforehand so will hopefully be able to just stick around in the tent for the bands following. kind of hoping the third act isn't leaked - would be a nice surprise, even if it is somebody shite and i have to squeeze my way out of the crowd

I'm not entirely sure you get this account Ben...

In seriousness, for the WG acts, I'm not going to tweet them until closer to the time. If people care enough to look on the forum, they can, but I won't be broadcasting to 5.8k people days in advance.

S2H, I will be adopting the position of raving hypocrite. I will resolutely refuse all contact with the outside world once through the gates, eschewing all social media. I will NOT have my festival invaded by those media that have evolved to control every waking minute for modern society. I will then be like a bitch in heat for information from anyone whose phone buzzes with one of your magnificent tip-offs!

Sterling work, that man.

Ben