The Dreaded Clashes

Padgey

You could do it in 10 if it's not too busy, hardest thing would be getting a decent spot for The Who.

Yeah it would be shit to end up stuck at the back, I reckon I can worm my way in once the crowd gets moving though. I'm not hugely fussed about The Who but it is important to me to have a good spot for Kanye, should I be able to get into the front section if I show up midway through Parrell's set?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point that actually, but crowds may be pretty well spead out given so much going on that night

Lots of people listing Kanye as their Saturday choice in the headliner thread, so I reckon it could be a case that a good spread will be on the cards, with acts having a crowd who are up for it. Reckon it is likely to be the best night of the festival, all the way through til the sun comes up.

The whole of Saturday night is BRUTAL

My top 3 of the whole weekend are suede, PSB and John Hopkins :(

Can also add deadmau leftfield and Kanye at that time too.

Suede will come out on top with an early dart to glade & try to catch the last few songs (hopefully Everest) of PSB who finish 45 minutes later

Was hoping George Fitzgerald would do an early hours slot somewhere as it is he's playing 10pm Sunday right in the middle of Idlewild or the Who ffs

Yeah it would be shit to end up stuck at the back, I reckon I can worm my way in once the crowd gets moving though. I'm not hugely fussed about The Who but it is important to me to have a good spot for Kanye, should I be able to get into the front section if I show up midway through Parrell's set?

I dunno, probably. I watched all of the subs for both headliners I watched last year so couldn't say for definite but there will probably be a lot of people leaving after Pharrell for drinks/toilet/to go somewhere else so you should be able to work your way in.

Clashes look worse than ever for me. Only made worse by four hour blocks with nothing I couldn't miss..

Yeah I'm the same, Friday afternoon's ok but by 6pm it's just full of clashes. Saturday's not quite as bad for clashes but there's only a few acts on in the afternoon that I've got a slight interest in. Can't complain too much though given how much good stuff I'll still see.

Sleaford Mods/Young Fathers

Bootleg Beatles/Future Islands

Paul Weller/Belle and Sebastian

Kanye/Leftfield/Jon Hopkins

Also massively dissapointed that in order to see Future Islands I will need to leave Lionel 10 mins early. If I don't catch All Night Long I'll be devastated

The whole of Saturday night is BRUTAL

My top 3 of the whole weekend are suede, PSB and John Hopkins :(

Can also add deadmau leftfield and Kanye at that time too.

Suede will come out on top with an early dart to glade & try to catch the last few songs (hopefully Everest) of PSB who finish 45 minutes later

Was hoping George Fitzgerald would do an early hours slot somewhere as it is he's playing 10pm Sunday right in the middle of Idlewild or the Who ffs

George Fitzgerald is also playing Beat Hotel 22.45 - 00.30 on the Saturday, although I doubt this helps your situation!

Get studying that map, learn your routes! My main tip would be that the routes most people take tend to get crowded and slow you down, if you are prepared to walk like a man on a mission on a less trodden path you can often make better time.

1) Florence / SVE (Sharon wins)

2) FJM / The Maccabees (FJM wins)

3) Not being able to watch any of Perfume Genius due to the Future Islands / Belle & Seb slots

4) Patti Smith / Palma Violets (Patti wins)

5) Goat / FKA Twigs / Death Cab (I hate you Glastonbury)

Mothership v Suede. I have seen George Clinton before but never Suede. Not sure what to do there as having The Family Stand is a big deal...!

Also, Belle and Sebastian v Roy Ayers. Alll in all though, I'll be a winner with whoever I decide to see. Bloody love Glastonbury Festival :)

Some horrific clashes and very top heavy for me, gonna have to miss Grandmaster flash, Modestep, Run the Jewels, even FKA Twigs is looking tight :( even Lionel is looking hairy!!

saying that look at the cinema tent - Blade runner on Thursday excellent and would even consider the Avengers early Saturday afternoon too (normally would not even consider a cinema 1st at Glasto but might have to least make exception for the Thursday)