Glade Stage

airwaves

Really liking that 'Dubioza Kolektiv' suggestion, CHEERS, a complete mish mash of ska, reggae, rap rock and dub, with a crazy energetic band = Loving it :music: Any more recommendations, please keep them coming!!

Personally, also be good to see High Contrast & Cassetteboy!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really liking that 'Dubioza Kolektiv' suggestion, CHEERS, a complete mish mash of ska, reggae, rap rock and dub, with a crazy energetic band = Loving it :music:

i promise you a lot, alot of fun.

even if you do not understand a single word.

:)

Edited by tullux

DUBIOZA KOLEKTIV!! :D :D :D :D

These guys are hands down the best band in the balkans, HUGE recommendation. They headline festivals across eastern Europe, I never thought I'd see them in England let alone at the best festival in the world on one of the best stages. YES! YES! YES!

BADASS. Gonna have to try my damndest to get to this. Great recommendation. Cheers dude

So glad a lot of people seem to be into Dubioza :D I live in the balkans and they're the only band I can think of who manage to transcend ethnicity and are popular in every ex-YU country. Judging by their tour schedule they'll be on Sunday. See you all down the front! Here's some of what I think of as their greatest hits:

I've added all the Glade acts (as far as poss), and the Spaceport/Spike/Lounge acts recommended on this thread, to the Glastonbury 2015 Spotify playlist (between Avalon and Leftfield, about halfway down). John Fairhurst and Australian country/roots singer Tom E Lewis stand out as being very different to the rest of the bill. I'm joining the Dubioza Kolektiv love-in, they sound great fun.

I've added all the Glade acts (as far as poss), and the Spaceport/Spike/Lounge acts recommended on this thread, to the Glastonbury 2015 Spotify playlist (between Avalon and Leftfield, about halfway down). John Fairhurst and Australian country/roots singer Tom E Lewis stand out as being very different to the rest of the bill. I'm joining the Dubioza Kolektiv love-in, they sound great fun.

You Sir, are a Dude !

Paul Woolford has confirmed to me on twitter that hes playing as Special Request :)

They need to edit the poster really as his two monikers are very different...

Now hes just said he is in fact doing a Paul Woolford set on Glade, and a second set as Special Request in the Park (presumably in Stonebridge Bar). Looks like he wasnt aware of that until I asked him about Glade, bit worrying!

I kinda hoped Flying Lotus would be on this stage because I feel like if he's on any of the main stages there's a big chance he might clash with someone else I want to see :(

There wouldn't be air left in a single lung if FlyLo played glade, that would just be downright dangerous

Oh and all the day splits are here: https://www.facebook.com/GladeAreaGlastonbury/events

Looks like some sort of crossover/clash between PSB and Leftfield is unavoidable now, unless the start times are slightly different from last year on Glade and Sonic.

I suppose different times are very possible

Edited by Space Shanty

That's a Lionel Richie clash, then. Ah well.

They're both the kind of bands that will crop up elsewhere in places like, I dunno, the Bimble Inn or the Fluffy rock.

Too Many Zooz are also playing Pussy Parlure. Can't see Dubioza Kolektiv playing Bimble or Fluffy, but suppose they could pop up somewhere in Shangri La.

Didn't have you down as an 'Endless Love' fan CG...

Edited by Brave Sir Robin