Glade Stage

airwaves

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big time.

The Glade, Silver Hayes and Avalon announcements have taken the lineup from very good to downright superb I think.

Going to have to show some very rare discipline on the Saturday so I don't get too messed up for the awesomeness that night.

Yeah i'm dead impressed. Avalon have never been on my radar in previous years but look like they've got a great lineup. The glase always has some good acts.

I'm kinda liking the way its been done this year with each area having their own announcements and posters - I don't recall it being done like that in the past? Silver hayes kinda had a mini poster they knocked up but don't remember it being announced like that.

Did anyone check out Davos last year/year before? Think he may have played somewhere in Silver Hayes but was on way too early for me. If so, any use?

Yes we saw him about 11.30am Sunday at the glade last year, was brilliant. Piano house breakfast, can't go wrong

Edited by Filthy

He is amazing! Piano / keyboard acid house classics live

Yes we saw him about 11.30am Sunday at the glade last year, was brilliant. Piano house breakfast, can't go wrong

Yeah he is playing Friday in Spaceport and on Sunday doing the old skool piano stuff which is what I really wanna check out. Hopefully make it over this year

Yeah i'm dead impressed. Avalon have never been on my radar in previous years but look like they've got a great lineup. The glase always has some good acts.

I'm kinda liking the way its been done this year with each area having their own announcements and posters - I don't recall it being done like that in the past? Silver hayes kinda had a mini poster they knocked up but don't remember it being announced like that.

Yep I agree.

I really like the staggered announcements... it ramps up the anticipation a bit more each day and gives people a bit of time to discuss the great stuff on in each area, without it all coming at once

Great announcement from The Glade. Especially impressed with the Spaceport lineup, don't know why I've never been there. Mella Dee, My Nu Leng, Monki b2b Mele, Richy Ahmed. Will try and get to The Glade stage for Alabama 3, Dub Pistols, Kidnap Kid and DJ Yoda as well.

Ooh I've just realised that the Glade headliners are much later than most, so PSB should be on after a normal headliner. Such a good area for them too.

Top stuff :good:

I caught the end of Gong at the glade just after The Prodigy in 2009. (and was fortunate enough to meet Daevid Allen for the second time - R.I.P and hats off to you sir). Its *just* possible to get across from the other stage at the end and catch a bit of a set, but I think it'd be better the other way around. Maybe catch the beginning of a set and get across nice and early, especially if its an act who'll draw a crowd.

Wonder if the Hospital Records artists will be doing a "Takeover" night like they normally do or whether they will be playing separately from each other. High Contrast, Fred V & Graffix and London Electricity are all on in the spaceport.

Wonder if the Hospital Records artists will be doing a "Takeover" night like they normally do or whether they will be playing separately from each other. High Contrast, Fred V & Graffix and London Electricity are all on in the spaceport.

So glad to have them back at Glastonbury along with My Nu Leng, PSB & a few others..

I caught the end of Gong at the glade just after The Prodigy in 2009. (and was fortunate enough to meet Daevid Allen for the second time - R.I.P and hats off to you sir). Its *just* possible to get across from the other stage at the end and catch a bit of a set, but I think it'd be better the other way around. Maybe catch the beginning of a set and get across nice and early, especially if its an act who'll draw a crowd.

Well at the moment I'm considering Mothership or Suede as my Saturday night headliner going by the predictions, obviously West Holts to Glade is a hell of a lot easier than JP to Glade. I reckon I'd be able to do West Holts to Glade very comfortably in 45 mins between the acts even with the traffic, just depends on what sort of spot you get.

What time are Leftfield supposedly on in the Silver Hayes area? Cos JP to Silver Hayes is another potential trip if its later than usual.

Of course, all this is hypothetical and I'll probably see none of them come the day :lol:

Edited by GlastoSimon

Well at the moment I'm considering Mothership or Suede as my Saturday night headliner going by the predictions, obviously West Holts to Glade is a hell of a lot easier than JP to Glade. I reckon I'd be able to do West Holts to Glade very comfortably in 45 mins between the acts even with the traffic, just depends on what sort of spot you get.

What time are Leftfield supposedly on in the Silver Hayes area? Cos JP to Silver Hayes is another potential trip if its later than usual.

Of course, all this is hypothetical and I'll probably see none of them come the day :lol:

PSB need to be Sunday night headliners to make me happier (unless Leftfield can move to sunday)

If they both headline on Saturday night you could catch both full sets, going by last year's times.

Leftfield would headline Sonic between 11pm and 12.30.

PSB would come on at 12.30.

Bit of a sprint between the 2 but thankfully it's not far at all

Edited by Space Shanty

All this lovefest for The Glade is definately warranted for its line-up this year.

But

have you ever tried to get into a decent position to even see what's happening on the stage late at night. Its lay-out, in 'The Glade' makes it an absolute nightmare to get into / out off, and working a route through the undergrowth is practically impossible, more's the pity

All this lovefest for The Glade is definately warranted for its line-up this year.

But

have you ever tried to get into a decent position to even see what's happening on the stage late at night. Its lay-out, in 'The Glade' makes it an absolute nightmare to get into / out off, and working a route through the undergrowth is practically impossible, more's the pity

I usually end up traipsing through the trees and getting a spot near the back of the stage area.

Happy enough with that

But

Come down the steps off the railway track path to the back of the Other stage arena, turn right and easy access is guaranteed

Edited by sparkythetortoise

Excited by this one! Had my fingers crossed that Dub Pistols would be confirmed, then throw in PSB, Howard Marks, Don Letts, Alabama 3 and John Fairhurst and I am a happy bunny. Think I might be spending more time at the Glade than usual this year!

If you've not listened to The Race For Space, go away and do it. Now. No really, now. Not later. Now.

wouldn't be Glastonbury without Mixmaster Morris. Fuck Fatboy Slim, Billy Bragg and all the other perennials, Morris is the main man.

In other excellent returning news, Mitch Benn hasn't been invited to the cabaret tent for the first time since 1995