The breakfast thread

Blueberry

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a complete fix and when we found out that holiday temp was a vegetarian it all clicked into place - she was the next to be strung up. { her contract was not renewed - I wanted to put her in the stocks but that was rejected }

Stocks would have been too lenient. You don't deny hard working folk meat.

I usually like a good weetabix for breakfast, but when you're at a festival it's time to go all out.

i'm thinking of bringing a 12-pack of Weetabix for my very first meal, get some milk from the milk truck.

then later when slightly recovered and feeling better, go for a wander and get more of a brunch type meal, hopefully less queues around that time too.

Me and the wife are doing protein and carb shakes for breakfast this year, we've got a supplement to go in them that gives you the equivalent nutrients of your 5 fruit and veg for the day. Ive been having them this week in a morning and they proper set you up for the day.

Then we'll go for a walk and have something more substantial, like the BBQ'ed flesh of an animal

How could I forget. A Sunshine Smoothie (the one with a shot of ginger) from the smoothie place near the Other, Silver Hayes, Pyramid junction. They used to also have a stall in The Park but no more.

I tend have at least one of these a day and they'rrrrre grrrrreat for breakfast.

Edited by MrZigster

?

There was a little roasted nuts stall on they bridge as you leave WH to get to pyramid - and I got a smoothie from the little stall beside that (more carts than stalls?). No idea if that's where they mean though...

As a fully fledged passenger on the nutribullet/smoothie bandwagon, I agree that a shake at the start of the day does wonders. I couldn't be bothered with it at Glastonbury however, there's far better options to spend my money on!!

As a fully fledged passenger on the nutribullet/smoothie bandwagon, I agree that a shake at the start of the day does wonders. I couldn't be bothered with it at Glastonbury however, there's far better options to spend my money on!!

We got all the stuff for free as part of my wifes diet plan as long as she bought one tub of the protein, so technically we'll be saving money to spend on cocktails and cider.

A couple of years ago we camped near Park (think pretty much where Arcadia is now) and there was a little stall next to the burger van selling smoothies and big chunks of Watermelon each morning. It was nice to have something refreshing some mornings.

There was a place in the dance village in 2010 that did fresh fruit and yogurt every morning, just what you needed in that sort of heat in a morning.

I used to camp near the JP tent up the hill and walk down every morning to pick up breakfast from a Toastie Stall. The garlic and mushroom cheese toastie was bloody lovely. I'd eat that on the way accross the Pyramid to the Cider Bus and order a warm spiced cider with a shot of brandy. That comforted those sore throat muscles after a night of singing at the top of my voice. Nice way to start the days drunken festivities too.

Sorted!

Edited by tezshields

Sunshine smoothie with ginger is bloody awesome! I used to get those for breakfast when it was in the Park. With toast from tea and toast. Good times!

Found am amazing toastie stall last year. My sense of direction is horrendous but I want to say it was near cabaret... looked very basic at first glance but they had an incredible selection.