Glastocam!

pauladam

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I'll be driving through there on Saturday morning.

Are you sure about stall holders? 

Thought they weren't allowed in before Sunday

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Was going to say sounds a bit early for stall holders....won't a few of them be at IOW this weekend as well?

I can't actually say they were stall holders at all. Just that they were mostly van towing high top trailers, there were a few cars and the odd 7 tonner 🤔

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The spider always seems to be in the wrong position to my eyes, on the cam. I know it’s all angles and perspectives, but I can’t help thinking they need to shift it along a bit. 

It's slightly West than last year. But also, they don't seem to have taken away the backstage area to make the field bigger. Unless those current tents are in the wrong place.

4 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Just been on site for a visit to drop camping and beer supplies  always astounds me how much is going on yet how much still to do. So very impressive . Currently a dust bowl 

Was it roasting hot?

Bloody scorching again up in West Yorks. 

7 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Just been on site for a visit to drop camping and beer supplies  always astounds me how much is going on yet how much still to do. So very impressive . Currently a dust bowl 

Isn’t it … first time ever there during the build on Monday . Makes me want to get back all the more . What an amazing job they do to build this city for us 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Isn’t it … first time ever there during the build on Monday . Makes me want to get back all the more . What an amazing job they do to build this city for us 🙂 

It's staggering. I know we all have our preferences, our likes and dislikes. But with what they do to give us this Nirvana, I don't understand how anyone mithers on any perceived negatives!

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Sure is I never take it for granted being able to go pre opening time …as I did today just spend the time with a stoopid grin on my face

23 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's staggering. I know we all have our preferences, our likes and dislikes. But with what they do to give us this Nirvana, I don't understand how anyone mithers on any perceived negatives!

Ben

Agreed. 

Apart from that bus!

#bringbackthepropergenosys

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MJP said:

It's slightly West than last year. But also, they don't seem to have taken away the backstage area to make the field bigger. Unless those current tents are in the wrong place.

We usually camp 'behind the park' and its my understanding that we've now lost that to Arcadia crew so they can make the area where the spider is bigger.

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We usually camp 'behind the park' and its my understanding that we've now lost that to Arcadia crew so they can make the area where the spider is bigger.

Good

but...

they really need to sort their sound out

23 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Aye, I'm usually in that patch too so equally as devastated.

However, the area for backstage next to Arcadia, in front of the trackway that links over to Paines camping, seems way too big compared to what was indicated would be in that bit on the map!

Making me wonder if we might get to camp in the usual spot after all.

4 minutes ago, MJP said:

Aye, I'm usually in that patch too so equally as devastated.

However, the area for backstage next to Arcadia, in front of the trackway that links over to Paines camping, seems way too big compared to what was indicated would be in that bit on the map!

Making me wonder if we might get to camp in the usual spot after all.

We 'moved' there in 2014 after a decade near the Pyramid....always got in but alas no more....it got smaller in 2019 I think when the Arcadia crew took some of it IIRC now its fully gone.

Sorry just a bit confused with what you're saying....are you looking at the webcam and thinking they haven't used it all up?

I thought the bit of 'backstage' that's usually next to the Spider on otherside of the pathway was to be moved where we both usually camp............

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We 'moved' there in 2014 after a decade near the Pyramid....always got in but alas no more....it got smaller in 2019 I think when the Arcadia crew took some of it IIRC now its fully gone.

Sorry just a bit confused with what you're saying....are you looking at the webcam and thinking they haven't used it all up?

I thought the bit of 'backstage' that's usually next to the Spider on otherside of the pathway was to be moved where we both usually camp............

sy1YcuG.png

10 minutes ago, MJP said:

sy1YcuG.png

Yes...I see what you mean now....unless they have something else planned for it might be worth keeping an eye on the webcam or just walking there next Weds AM to see if you can get camped in there?

Or wonder if they will move it earlier next week to the yellow area?

12 minutes ago, cgall said:

When do they usually put the ornament thingy on the top of the Pyramid? although IIRC some years dont have one?

2022 - June 14 (8 days before gates opened)

2019 - June 19 (7 days before gates opened)

2017 - N/A

2016 - June 10 (12 days before gates opened)

2015 - June 22 (2 days before gates opened)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cheesey said:

2022 - June 14 (8 days before gates opened)

2019 - June 19 (7 days before gates opened)

2017 - N/A

2016 - June 10 (12 days before gates opened)

2015 - June 22 (2 days before gates opened)

Great!! hopefully they put something cool on it! a little dissappointed by last years.  The pheonix in 2013 was definitely the best i think!

Does anyone know the size of Arcadia spider this year?

Last year I think it was a slightly smaller version than some previous years. I am thinking when they had a bigger show when some mini-spiders hung upside down on long suspended lies and dropped orbs with creatures inside