Glastocam!

pauladam

9 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

It did!!! I went to see our campsite by Ped gate B and had to drive through Shepton Mallet then Wells to get home 😣

Luckily we had walked from our campsite to Pilton so didn’t cause us problems though the country lanes were busy with vehicles trying to by pass the village. 

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

IMG_1765.thumb.jpeg.1a869c390609cd554f7403788a3fbcf1.jpeg

Nice Dayi. Pilton, fence from the wrong side, new barn, pyramid and a lorry stuck outside the crown pub causing chaos!

IMG_1767.thumb.jpeg.277730f08f25af811b6505fda269fee4.jpegIMG_1769.thumb.jpeg.ed306709eb7e98b0dca5e1ef20a050ba.jpegIMG_1770.thumb.jpeg.41b99d961b7f9789ffdb20524d86697e.jpeg

and a lovely lunch in the crown!

We must have been walking that part of the fence almost the same time. That barn is opposite the Mary’s gate right?

1 hour ago, Slimeyc said:

We must have been walking that part of the fence almost the same time. That barn is opposite the Mary’s gate right?

Yes, the fence was going up further down, we watched the workers and how it was put together. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

18 hours ago, Cheesey said:

Big update to the Time Machine today for my fellow Glastonbury webcam nerds:

• The image is now much larger onscreen
  • The image can be panned and zoomed (slider or mouse scroll wheel)
  • High resolution imagery will be retrieved automatically when needed
  • This should also work on mobile devices with pinch zooming etc.
  • The high resolution image can be downloaded
  • The image can be stored and then recalled later by holding the relevant button, for comparison purposes
  • The image brightness and contrast can be modified

You might need to force a full refresh (CTRL-F5) to pick up the new version.

Enjoy!

https://www.tievolu.co.uk/glasto/GlastoWebcamTool.html

Amazing updates!

It took me a moment to realise that it grabs the higher resolution image and updates with that after a few seconds. At first I thought the high res was only available via download and the image available for zooming was low res. Might you consider a little text at the bottom to say 'updating to high resolution', like you had before if we clicked on the image? So we know the initial low res image isn't the final one?

21 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

The village being blocked by a lorry from the festival i assume they meant

"The locals", us poor simple folk that get scared by such sophisticated things like machinery, didn't give a feck. 

The posh Audi w*nkers were the shouting and overly entitled idiots.

Never sure why anyone who lives local to the site is referenced dismissively by others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

"The locals", us poor simple folk that get scared by such sophisticated things like machinery, didn't give a feck. 

Never sure why anyone who lives local to the site is referenced dismissively by others.

Manly because they are jealous mate. I feel very honoured and privileged to live up here.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Amazing updates!

It took me a moment to realise that it grabs the higher resolution image and updates with that after a few seconds. At first I thought the high res was only available via download and the image available for zooming was low res. Might you consider a little text at the bottom to say 'updating to high resolution', like you had before if we clicked on the image? So we know the initial low res image isn't the final one?

Maybe. On my home and mobile connections the high res imagery updates are usually almost instantaneous, so I didn't think any notification was necessary.

Note that the high res image segments are only downloaded when you zoom in.

I might be able to fade in a loading spinner over the image if the updates take longer than expected, but I don't want to block the ability to pan/zoom while the image is being updated. I'll have a think.

EDIT: I've gone ahead and added a loading spinner that will become visible if a high-res imagery update takes longer than half a second or so. Thanks for the suggestion - keep them coming 👍

Edited by Cheesey

17 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

I was just interpreting but there’ll always be some disgruntled people who will use any excuse to complain about disruptions. Certainly was the case when the Big Chill was on round my way

19 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I was just interpreting but there’ll always be some disgruntled people who will use any excuse to complain about disruptions. Certainly was the case when the Big Chill was on round my way

Get that and thanks. It wasn't you casually dismissing the local populace. 

Out

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, the fence was going up further down, we watched the workers and how it was put together. 

you didnt notice them leaving a gap big enough for a small ticketless nurse to squeeze through did you??