Glastocam!

pauladam

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

Interesting, no not heard of that one.  2019 was my last fest, but always impossible to see everything 🙂 

It's called Beam and it's an audio/visual installation in the Green Peace field that is controlled by a Bee Hive located on Worthy Farm.

2019 was the first year it was installed.
2020 it was used as the filming location for The Smile's performance on Live at Worthy Farm (without any of the Beam audio/visual).
2022 was it's second outing.

It's actually a really chilled out spot from the festival outside.

The installation will use accelerometers (vibration sensors) to measure the activity of the Cornish Black Bee colony living at Michael Eavis’ Worthy Farm at Glastonbury. These live signals will be sent through to the sculpture and algorithms will be used to convert these vibrational signals into ever changing lighting and sound effects 24 hours a day.

The internal space is fitted with a surround sound system that will fill the space 24hrs a day with a fluid and responsive soundscape based on live bee sounds with harmonious musical stems crafted and curated by Wolfgang, Tony Foster and Kev Bales who form the musical collective BE.

Fill Details here: https://www.wolfgangbuttress.com/beam-glastonbury-details

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

In 2019 the covers were dropped off at around 10am on 1st April but they didn't begin to hoist them up until 11:00 on the 3rd.

Then they put up one side and left it for about a week, as I recall. I shall always remember that week. The longest of my life.