Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, theDandy said:

Am I silly in thinking Adele could sub on the Pyramid? Might take some pressure off her and make room for somebody else?

I've been thinking the same. Have her on before Coldplay on Sunday would be the bbc's wet dream.

This would allow the Roses to do the Saturday night. Sorted.

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Honestly saying Adele would sub is one of the most ridiculous comments on here.

Why would it take the pressure off, she would still get a massive crowd.

If she does play she will headline

Subbing would be worse if anything, all on are on a penultimate to get you up for the header. She does headline if she plays, it'd be no surprise if she doesn't mind. It looks like info is stronger now for Muse on the Friday, a couple of people over the last few weeks having said to have heard bits too. 

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Don't think Adler is well enough and Izzy doesn't want to tour now I read man so Sorum may have been the only option.

Adler thinks he is and hes sober now. Read somewhere before where Adler says "Duff doesn't think I'm cool".

Anyway, it doesn't seem Matt is part of the reunion?

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Adler thinks he is and hes sober now. Read somewhere before where Adler says "Duff doesn't think I'm cool".

Ah okay, maybe the band don't think he is. I meant Matt might have been the only option to actually go for, not that he is included. Although BST is closer to be, for what I'll pay for them there, I would rather it be Reading as at least i'll actually get more out of it and I'd already see the confirmed header and a proposed sub. Better not be IOW, I have doubts they'll be over here by then anyway. Provided they won't be in Bonnaroo's lineup, any gigs they may have around that time may well be done either side of that fest as to not take potential punters away from it, having a weekend break so to speak would make sense then.

Edited by thewayiam

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

i'm gonna take a bet that Axl's stipulations were that Slash and Duff (the only two the promoters were interested in) join but the rest of the band stays as is. i mean, i'm sure the promoters pushed for a full classic lineup reunion, but when it comes down to it, if it's Axl, Slash and Duff or nothing at all, they'd rather just have those three (and in turn i bet Slash and Duff pushed for Dave Kushner to be involved after a third guitarist was required)

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I'm just glad "DJ Ashba" is nowhere near the band anymore to be honest.

that guy seemed like a douche of the highest order, from his wearing a Slash-lite tophat, to his butchering of the songs (i REALLY hope they go back to the style of old back to basics Guns 'N Roses for this tour and not the overblown circus that was their most recent incarnation) to his stupid name

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i'm gonna take a bet that Axl's stipulations were that Slash and Duff (the only two the promoters were interested in) join but the rest of the band stays as is. i mean, i'm sure the promoters pushed for a full classic lineup reunion, but when it comes down to it, if it's Axl, Slash and Duff or nothing at all, they'd rather just have those three (and in turn i bet Slash and Duff pushed for Dave Kushner to be involved after a third guitarist was required)

Yeah, but its sort of like the Stone Roses reuniting but then announcing its the Second Coming lineup. ie without Reni. A let down.

Just now, The Nal said:

Yeah, but its sort of like the Stone Roses reuniting but then announcing its the Second Coming lineup. ie without Reni. A let down.

yeah it's pretty ridiculous. pretty sure a similar thing is happening with the if-they-ever-decide-to-reform The Smiths, in that promoters are happy for it just to be Morrissey and Marr on stage and not the other two

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah it's pretty ridiculous. pretty sure a similar thing is happening with the if-they-ever-decide-to-reform The Smiths, in that promoters are happy for it just to be Morrissey and Marr on stage and not the other two

One can only hope one day it happens.

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Just read the press release apparently (according to the website I was on) Izzy, Matt and Steve have expressed interest in the reunion - noone else confirmed apart from Slash, Duff and Axl.

yeah i'm fairly certain Adler especially has been pushing for it to happen. Izzy as well. it's weird that they wouldn't be invited along, unless it's gonna be a Stones-esque situation where they each come out for one or two Appetite songs during the set