Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yep, roll on the next thousand pages of going back and forth between these four possible headliners (and i'm sure Prince will sneak in to the equation at some point as well, as it tradition)

1. What about when 

2. Radiohead

3. Announce 

4. A new album 

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder why Pinkpop (or whatever festival claimed they didn't have them?) didn't manage to bag the Foos as a headliner this year then if they're touring in 2016

also makes their supposed hiatus seem very short lived, unless they're doing these few shows and then fucking off again

Edited by FloorFiller

I think Glastonbury will pull something a bit more out of the ordinary than Muse, Foo Fighters & Coldplay. To be honest to have Muse & Coldplay in the same year seems a bit odd considering they're similar in terms of their affinity with the festival and amount of times played.

The missus will be overjoyed with the foos back in the frame - the other two we both have zero interest in. It's all a bit white boys with guitars though, isn't it? 

Im aware that's a very leftard guardianista thing to say! 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

The missus will be overjoyed with the foos back in the frame - the other two we both have zero interest in. It's all a bit white boys with guitars though, isn't it? 

Im aware that's a very leftard guardianista thing to say! 

it's probably the most boring/standard set of headliners they could've got, especially with the two previous years having a headliner that shook things up a bit - which is what i thought Adele would be this year (albeit less so)

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave just wanted to do Glastonbury. He seems to be the sort of person who would get what Glastonbury is all about and would enjoy the opportunity to play. Also if this was the only show the Foos were doing he'd actually have the chance to hang around and enjoy it rather than just jet off to the next gig.

There may also be the small matter of an additional few million viewers on the BBC and internet, which I am sure will not have gone unnoticed by the business side of the Foos operation.

Just now, mungo57 said:

hmm..... Adele's obviously shat it then and wussed out.

I'll still be surprised if Adele isn't there, given the size of her tour it's clear she's hurdled that phobia of crowds, the festival wants her, she attends as a punter, why wouldn't she play, weird one

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

it's probably the most boring/standard set of headliners they could've got, especially with the two previous years having a headliner that shook things up a bit - which is what i thought Adele would be this year (albeit less so)

Maybe they are still smarting from the out come of last year's "shaking things up" with Kanye's sadly appalling performance.  Adele was a pretty safe choice, Take That would be too, as are these three.  Perhaps they want a simple year.

I'm personally happy, not with the choice per se (if this is the three) but at them moving away from this ludicrous year on year arms race with themselves and other festivals to book one of two dozen massively expensive headliners.  It is/was starting to feel like the 'super'club days of the late 90's, the whole thing burnt itself out.

2 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Foals in to Muse, somebody in to Foo Fighters & Adele in to Coldplay? Maybe? Or am I definitely just being silly?

I can't see Foals subbing at this stage, though I'm prepared to be wrong as I love them, Adele won't sub, don't call me surely but come on, she's pretty much the biggest artist in the world just now, that'd be stupid