Secret resales 2015

Terence99

No luck for me using Virgin!

It's not a guarantee.. it's just over the years our group seem to have the same people who are able to get through each year and they are all on the same ISP.

Perhaps there should be a thread where everyone shares their ticket-buying tactics (ISP, browsers, refresh strategy and superstitions :) )... actually I guess there probably already is :)

If this carries on I will have spent more time sitting at the computer hoping for tickets to go on sale than I would actually spend at the festival! :/

lol bet know body look at it that way. If you don't get tickets,won't your friends wit tickets help you out?

I got my friends coach tickets at work, our Internet connection is terrible, most of the time it just says "page cannot be displayed" and we can't even view Google Maps because our browsers so out of date, so I believe it's totally pot luck

My partner told me when he got a press pass for Glastonbury, they gave him a code to give to See to enable him to buy a ticket round.about this time of year

He already had one so let a mate use it. He reckons once all those types, hospitality etc are sorted the rest will go on sale, even a handful of tickets make the festival some money

It's not a guarantee.. it's just over the years our group seem to have the same people who are able to get through each year and they are all on the same ISP.

Perhaps there should be a thread where everyone shares their ticket-buying tactics (ISP, browsers, refresh strategy and superstitions :) )... actually I guess there probably already is :)

Yeah, there's much discussion of that every year and as Neil usually points out the people that are successful usually believe that what they've done is what made them successful. This year people using mobile devices have appeared to more luck in getting tickets, although I'd put that down to more people using them. There's also a belief that faster equals better, but it's a matter of luck if a request arrives as a place becomes free - a slower connection may arrive as a slot is available, whereas a faster one may have got there while it was still closed. And there's no reason to believe that the festival favours one type of connection over another.
  • Upvote 1

lol bet know body look at it that way. If you don't get tickets,won't your friends wit tickets help you out?

Unfortunately I don't have any friends with tickets, in fact I don't have any friends who want to go at all this year! If I do get a ticket I was going to join the solo campers group (there is a thread somewhere), if I don't get one I'll escape somewhere abroad to avoid the wall to wall media coverage... :)

Day 4.

Enthusiasm is starting to drop in the camp. People are becoming tired and wondering whether the resale even exists.

We need some positive news soon or i feel like numbers will drop.

I've stocked up on supplies and put a bandage on my F5 finger. Who knows what the day will bring.

• Upvote 4

It's today. i've got that feeling in my bones.

I know what you mean, I was thinking last night Glasto sort of plays by its own rules, so just because they've done the secret resale in one way one year doesn't mean it'll be done the same every year

• Upvote 1

I know what you mean, I was thinking last night Glasto sort of plays by its own rules, so just because they've done the secret resale in one way one year doesn't mean it'll be done the same every year

I'm starting to think its going to be a sunday 9am job like the official resale :banghead: