Other Stage Friday Special Guests

tom22

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone obviously handles the Twitter account for a few bands because this was tweeted from the Manics account an hour ago, and swiftly deleted:

"Happy to say I'm finally returning to @GlastoFest, playing the Other Stage and Leftfield stage on Sat: http://ow.ly/NMajN".

The link is through to Frank Turner's site!

Safe to assume that first tweet probably wasn't meant to go from the MSP account....

Let's be honest, it's the Charlatans.

Where were the Charlatans self confirmed by the way?

Someone obviously handles the Twitter account for a few bands because this was tweeted from the Manics account an hour ago, and swiftly deleted:

"Happy to say I'm finally returning to @GlastoFest, playing the Other Stage and Leftfield stage on Sat: http://ow.ly/NMajN".

The link is through to Frank Turner's site!

Safe to assume that first tweet probably wasn't meant to go from the MSP account....

Let's be honest, it's the Charlatans.

Where were the Charlatans self confirmed by the way?

http://solo.uk.com/shows/dates/the-charlatans.aspx

They were listed for the Friday on here but took it down a few days after people picked up on it.

Any other confirmation? I do think it will be them anyway.

Well there's been Tim Burgess hinting at it on twitter but nothing official. Saying that, I'm sure someone posted on here that they tweeted him asking if they were the secret act and he replied "tba".

Edit: here it is

Edited by kingcrawler

come on - it's gotta be The Charlatans hasn't it? they seem a bit odd as a special guest to me (betting a lot of the crowd won't have a clue who they are) but it definitely seems to be pointing to them

Yeah has to be, said they're playing a few times and the tweets got deleted. Very snide. Just presumed they'd be added on the full line up, but as they're not, must be the Friday opener.

Is it just me our have the last two years been listed as tba or tbc whereas this years is listed as special guests, meaning an exclusive to another festival.

No it's always been Special Guests. TBA/TBC means that they're gonna officially say who they are somewhere along the way, and they don't with the Friday morning act.