Coachella

mccdyl001

34 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

It's mad that they've done Coachella before Glasto

Completely agree - they haven't got tickets for this year either it seems.

I'll save everyone from watching it - they liked it and gave the supre spiel of its not all influencers. I never really how bad the bar prices were - they were happy it was 12$ for a Heineken and were spending over 100$ on rounds (20% tip too!). They spent £2k each (including flights hopefully)

44 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

It's mad that they've done Coachella before Glasto

So you think they are expecting free  tickets or just unlucky with ticket day etc? When it comes to festivals Glastonbury is the one that stands out so seems strange they don’t do it. 

8 minutes ago, Enda Krabappel said:

So you think they are expecting free  tickets or just unlucky with ticket day etc? When it comes to festivals Glastonbury is the one that stands out so seems strange they don’t do it. 

They’ve tried for tickets, who knows they may have got them in the resale for this year.

They wouldn’t expect free tix for that but they get free ones for R&L etc 

16 minutes ago, Enda Krabappel said:

They only recently started getting free tickets off LN so probably just been unlucky

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They’ve tried for tickets, who knows they may have got them in the resale for this year.

They wouldn’t expect free tix for that but they get free ones for R&L etc 

They could through LN surely. In that vlog it sounded to me like they hadn’t got glasto tickets as they basically asked for tickets in it

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

They only recently started getting free tickets off LN so probably just been unlucky

They could through LN surely. In that vlog it sounded to me like they hadn’t got glasto tickets as they basically asked for tickets in it

LN don't give out any freebies for Glasto, I could only wish

They do know Melvin thought and he's got a hand in it this year, but I don't think Glasto can spare that many handouts

Just now, kaytee... said:

LN don't give out any freebies for Glasto, I could only wish

They do know Melvin thought and he's got a hand in it this year, but I don't think Glasto can spare that many handouts

I’m sure they could wrangle their way into it, they do give good publicity and have the following. I’m sure next year they will manage in the main sale

Based on the first couple of minutes I thought they were a bunch of insufferable pricks, but I changed me mind and quite enjoyed that vid 👍 

standard European moan about tipping, but tipping at stalls at a festival really does seem insane 😂 20% for handing over five drinks, that’s $25 for a minute’s work! 

11 hours ago, Enda Krabappel said:

I just don’t get the queuing for merch at that festival. We love a good queue in this country but that’s another level. 

We want our threads, sorry. Trust me, if glasto had more than just 3 tops and interesting designs aside from printing the donwood art on it you would see queues. There is even a custom merch stand where you can pick what you want to put  on a shirt, hoodie, bandana or hat. People being able to have unique stuff that you cant get anywhere else is a big thing. Lots of artists make stuff specific for the fest too. For example, Code Orange made a shirt just for the fest and actually couldnt sell it due to some legal stuff. The demand for it was through the roof cause they put up 2 pre orders for shirts and theyve likely made a lot of money. So its a bad thing to support artists now? They can def fix the merch queue issue but we'll see what happens next year. And dont forget a lot of people havent been to a show or festival til now. Cant blame somebody for wanting to buy stuff. Again, supporting artist and such is seen as a bad thing.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Completely agree - they haven't got tickets for this year either it seems.

I'll save everyone from watching it - they liked it and gave the supre spiel of its not all influencers. I never really how bad the bar prices were - they were happy it was 12$ for a Heineken and were spending over 100$ on rounds (20% tip too!). They spent £2k each (including flights hopefully)

Its not all influencers and ya know it. Also, with no flags and such allowed you can see the music and arent annoyed by things in the way lol. 

oh yeah and tipping changed this year because of the cashless thing. You had to select it when you swiped your card. Way less money in workers hands for sure. I would easily leave more cash in tip jars if they allowed both ways to purchase. Its really just a mental thing. You dont notice how much youre spending if you dont see it leaving your hands.

AD673045-4EA9-4536-A0A2-AA61DF530852.jpeg

3306F9D2-3333-4789-AEDE-CAFB51909E8B.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

We want our threads, sorry. Trust me, if glasto had more than just 3 tops and interesting designs aside from printing the donwood art on it you would see queues. There is even a custom merch stand where you can pick what you want to put  on a shirt, hoodie, bandana or hat. People being able to have unique stuff that you cant get anywhere else is a big thing. Lots of artists make stuff specific for the fest too. For example, Code Orange made a shirt just for the fest and actually couldnt sell it due to some legal stuff. The demand for it was through the roof cause they put up 2 pre orders for shirts and theyve likely made a lot of money. So its a bad thing to support artists now? They can def fix the merch queue issue but we'll see what happens next year. And dont forget a lot of people havent been to a show or festival til now. Cant blame somebody for wanting to buy stuff. Again, supporting artist and such is seen as a bad thing.

Its not all influencers and ya know it. Also, with no flags and such allowed you can see the music and arent annoyed by things in the way lol. 

oh yeah and tipping changed this year because of the cashless thing. You had to select it when you swiped your card. Way less money in workers hands for sure. I would easily leave more cash in tip jars if they allowed both ways to purchase. Its really just a mental thing. You dont notice how much youre spending if you dont see it leaving your hands.

AD673045-4EA9-4536-A0A2-AA61DF530852.jpeg

3306F9D2-3333-4789-AEDE-CAFB51909E8B.jpeg

I genuinely don’t think that’s the case in the UK regardless of what’s being sold. It doesn’t matter what sort of clothing was being sold at Glasto and who it was by, not a chance in hell anyone queues for 2 hours for it. It’s just a fundamental cultural difference. 

12 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

Does Stagecoach use the same set up as Coachella ie the same stages etc. This lineup would be my cup of tea

7C36D856-8D73-4AB3-B199-7A29FF655566.webp

Just saw this. You would find this as a pretty incredible and interesting thing. They convert the fields into a different confirugration in 4 days to have Stagecoach right after Weekend 2. The Main stage and Outdoor theatre  and Sonora  along with some art installations are totally removed and a diff main stage is put into place on the east end of the venue. The clever thing is that the speaker towers are not moved, they just rotate the PA speakers 90 degrees. something you would find odd is that chairs are allowed. so people just literally sit around in the same place all day and watch just the Mane ( yeah ) stage acts and nothing else. There are people who race when gates open to get a prime spot. There is a vip seated and standing area up front also. And of course the big thing, alcohol is allowed everywhere, lol. There is a youtube livestream which begins at 3:30pm PST on friday. The first few years were really fun cause they used to have a BBQ competition and that was cool til it became the Guy Fieri show. And of course the crowd is as american, bro ish and girls in biknis with just cowboy boots as you think. Thats why they get the dead grass leftovers and likely hotter weather cause coachella did all the partying. There was an incredible moment a long while back. On the sunday night in 2011 during the headliner, Bin Laden was killed and they announced the news over the PA. It was pure insanity.

SC22_Venue.jpg

37489-eight.jpg

217705681_10158045018381921_3969400276902737472_n.jpg

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Never seen those blokes before but really enjoyed that video, would love them to get to Glasto and to do one there, can’t we get them on the resale spreadsheet for next year?

Rob who puts these videos together just said that Glasto declined their accreditation and there would be 'legal issues' if they made a video there. 

I understand that from the festivals viewpoint if they handed out the tickets as press, but as paying punters I guess it would be different. 

7 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Rob who puts these videos together just said that Glasto declined their accreditation and there would be 'legal issues' if they made a video there. 

I understand that from the festivals viewpoint if they handed out the tickets as press, but as paying punters I guess it would be different. 

I can understand Glastonbury denying them from a press point of view, as that would open the floodgates for every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting to do the same thing, but there would be absolutely nothing stopping them doing it as punters, there are thousands of similar videos on YouTube.

Sure sounds like somebody is just worried about negative press for some reason. Lets get the girl who thinks sitting on grass is evil into the festival! They cannot stop a person from expressing their thoughts in any capacity. So why dont we all just pitch a negative side to a major publication and somebody will bite. Cant sure for defamation.

And yeah, what are they gonna do if somebody who has a huge huge following does this and posts a video and might not reflect the best? Cant really have it taken down. Everyones experience is different. Hell, there are Coachella videos about how people snuck into the festival. The festival didnt do anything about it except make it harder to sneak in now.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I can understand Glastonbury denying them from a press point of view, as that would open the floodgates for every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting to do the same thing, but there would be absolutely nothing stopping them doing it as punters, there are thousands of similar videos on YouTube.

The only obstacle I can maybe come up with, would be if they wanted to use pro standard equipment, rather than just recording it on their phones - that'd certainly be a problem as the answer from the festival would be a flat no for anyone without credentials.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I'm always shocked by how shit most of the Glasto merch/designs are, it's all completely disgusting 😂 (probably gonna get crucified for that but oh well)

I will say what was cool is on the first day they had a sale of old merchandise that hadn't been sold in previous years, you paid 40$ and could get whatever you wanted from a big pile of boxes it seemed.

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

I'm always shocked by how shit most of the Glasto merch/designs are, it's all completely disgusting 😂 (probably gonna get crucified for that but oh well)

So many artists have awful merch, huge amount of it is completely unwearable i think.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I will say what was cool is on the first day they had a sale of old merchandise that hadn't been sold in previous years, you paid 40$ and could get whatever you wanted from a big pile of boxes it seemed.

So many artists have awful merch, huge amount of it is completely unwearable i think.

The Cure are the worst offenders. My favourite band, but I'd never be caught dead in any of the stuff they put out (although I'm sure it's intentional as they've always had the same sort of designs their whole career)

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

The Cure are the worst offenders. My favourite band, but I'd never be caught dead in any of the stuff they put out (although I'm sure it's intentional as they've always had the same sort of designs their whole career)

I think everyone owns some band merch they regret purchasing - i sure know i do!

Glastonbury should step up their game I think as far as collaborating with other brands that share similar morals. I want to see a Patagonia logo with the pyramid stage transplanted on it or something

image.png.c649f827845672124e3c3353e1d15eb7.png

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Never seen those blokes before but really enjoyed that video, would love them to get to Glasto and to do one there, can’t we get them on the resale spreadsheet for next year?

Worth checking out there other videos, they make some pretty good festival/gig/days out drinking content.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I think everyone owns some band merch they regret purchasing - i sure know i do!

Glastonbury should step up their game I think as far as collaborating with other brands that share similar morals. I want to see a Patagonia logo with the pyramid stage transplanted on it or something

image.png.c649f827845672124e3c3353e1d15eb7.png

Now this is a great idea. 

NapaPyramidji

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Theyve bern doing the garage sale for a while. Just stinks they used to sell leftovers online. And it gad to fit in one bag.  

there is def a way to collab with some eco friendly brand and get some extra income off that. 

in todays news, Stagecoach banned the confederate flag. Lets see how that goes. Coachella bsnned native american headwear a few tears ago and i saw nobody with one on this year.

Edited by Suprefan