The Stone Roses

Matt42

Didn't Patti Smith have a real public go at Bono a few years back at some award ceremony or other?

Indeed.

Introducing her for a lifetime achievement award for Q mag Bono called her a “sister, lover, and mother.”

Patti Smith: “I’m not your mother, Bono. Do your own dirty work. Fuck you.”

:lol:

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment it seems they have as much chance of playing as anybody else who happens to be free on that date.....literally anybody else.

Glasto is between the dates they've currently announced, which makes them slightly more likely than, say, Blur.

if glastonbury hasn't got the 3 headliners signed and sealed already then they'd be silly not to try and get them

the roses are the real deal just offer them saturday night pyramid with bells on

a genuinely exciting booking - especially with new songs/album on the way

It's unlikely that the Roses will be available to be booked, for a few different reasons - but mostly about wonga.

To be fair to U2 they were actually alright the other night. Much better than Glastonbury anyway, think they're very much an act who requires the choreography. Which is a shame, but there we go. They're a bunch of shits for playing Bad and 40 last night though - was hoping for one of those at least on Monday.

Showed me why I don't go to big venues much though, I thought they'd put the decimal in the wrong place when I saw the price for the drinks at the bar. 

To be fair to U2 they were actually alright the other night. Much better than Glastonbury anyway, think they're very much an act who requires the choreography. Which is a shame, but there we go. They're a bunch of shits for playing Bad and 40 last night though - was hoping for one of those at least on Monday.

Showed me why I don't go to big venues much though, I thought they'd put the decimal in the wrong place when I saw the price for the drinks at the bar. 

A lot of these big bands need to stray away from format. Apart from a song here and there, U2s setlists have pretty much been the exact same for the entire tour. Bono says the same things in between songs aswell. Its more like a Vegas show than a rock and roll gig. Same for the Roses last time out (in setlist terms) which is why I'm hoping for new tunes this time.

Something that Neils favourite Springsteen does well, in fairness to The Boss. His band don't even know what tune they're about to play sometimes after hes called an audible. And yeah, sometimes things go wrong.

Agree with you on big venues too. Totally lost their appeal for me unless I can smuggle a hipflask of cognac down the front of my filthy bags.

Edited by The Nal

A lot of these big bands need to stray away from format. Apart from a song here and there, U2s setlists have pretty much been the exact same for the entire tour. Bono says the same things in between songs aswell. Its more like a Vegas show than a rock and roll gig. Same for the Roses last time out (in setlist terms) which is why I'm hoping for new tunes this time.

Something that Neils favourite Springsteen does well, in fairness to The Boss. His band don't even know what tune they're about to play sometimes after hes called an audible. And yeah, sometimes things go wrong.

Agree with you on big venues too. Totally lost their appeal for me unless I can smuggle a hipflask of cognac down the front of my filthy bags.

Didn't he play something like 150 odd different songs on his last tour? That's some big old pile of songs to learn!!

We expecting more uk dates after these sell out as 2 dates in Manchester is not much 

Personally, I think it depends on whether there is new music or not. If they're just chucking out the old stuff again then I doubt it very much. On the other hand, if they've got a new album I was thinking maybe they'll release it with a small tour in spring.

They'll certainly be playing prior to Etihad, they announced a short European tour last time to get themselves in good nick. I'm in two minds whether to hold out on Etihad tickets and see what else gets announced. I remember comparing how much I spent on Heaton Park compared to what I'd have spent if I'd flew to see them in Amsterdam instead and it wasn't that much different.

word we've heard says they'll be a Sunday show announced when the others have sold.

It's probably right as that source has a good history - tho not a perfect one.

Same as Heaton Park then. Would be some achievement to do another 3 nights with fans expecting pretty much the exact setlist as the last time.

They're like male 'lad' equivalent of Take That.

Venue: Manchester Etihad Stadium
Dates: Friday 17 June & Saturday 18 June 2016
Times: Gates open at 16:30 in Manchester
Age restriction: No under 5’s, under 14’s accompanied by an adult over 18
Ticket limit: Max 4 per person

Ticket prices:
GA (pitch standing & Unreserved seats) £59
Level 2 £75
Level 3 £55
Rear Level 3 £45

Did Finsbury sell out immediately like Heaton Park? Can't recall. 

Just wondering if the demand for live shows in the UK is the same outside of Manchester, or whether its one of these strange 'they're from Manchester' things, like the Courteeners doing much, much better at selling tickets inside of Manchester than outside. 

P.s. sorry to bunch those two bands together.