Courtney Barnett

ghandi

Funny how different people hear things differently! I hear the album as a natural progression from ASOSP. Or maybe I'm just smitten by the superb orange vinyl pressing!

Ben

nope i agree with you, it definitely feels like a progression from her ep's

and that's coming from someone who's yet to get his grubby little mitts on the sweet orange circle

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how different people hear things differently! I hear the album as a natural progression from ASOSP. Or maybe I'm just smitten by the superb orange vinyl pressing!

Ben

You're probably right now I think about it. The more mature lyrics concerning choosing houses and mowing the lawn rather than sex and partying and uncertainty on what to do in life couldn't be any more of a natural progression. :P

I saw her last night at the Electric Ballroom in Camden, really good gig though IMO spoiled by the over bassey kick drum and bass sound that seemed to drown out the vocals, which is a pity when your music is based around the lyrics! I think i'll love it more outdoors when it's less of a " club" like sound system, possible just this venue though, i took my mate who had not heard much and loved her and says he'll invest on listening to her more so that he can listen to the lyrics. They did play with three and sadly didn't play " Kim's Caravan" which was a pity also didn't play "History Eraser" , she ended the night with the Bleeders cover which i found strange.

Oh yeah, I got so caught up in her ending with Pedestrian at Best (I went to the Thursday one) that I forgot she never played History Eraser. She was fantastic but I thought the set was a little long maybe? Guess it's not something to complain about but she played for nearly an hour and a half which is a long time on one album and a couple of EPs. She did sound better at Ally Pally with the 4th member too.

Excellent gig though, Depreston really is superb.

Hoping she pops up elsewhere over the festival rather than just the pyramid. Evening slot in JP would be nice or popping up announced in Avalon. Think she might sound a little lost on Pyramid.

I hope she shows up on Williams Green on the Thursday night

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't see her on JP but at the Park it was sunny and everybody was sitting down listening to her. Very chill gig and couldn't think of a more chilled out artist but she seemed lost up there too. Maybe it was jus me tho! Maybe a later slot at a smaller tent would be more suited for her, Acoustic maybe?

I was stood at the barrier, so probably quite a different experience.

More gigs, on sale Friday:

London Forum, 25 Nov 2015
Wulfrun Hall Wolverhampton, 27 Nov 2015
Manchester Ritz, 30 Nov 2015
O2 Academy Liverpool, 01 Dec 2015
O2 ABC Glasgow, 02 Dec 2015
O2 Academy Bristol, 04 Dec 2015

Really annoying it being a Friday in Bristol - they have a 10pm curfew on Friday's so the act finishes 9.30 at the latest!

She was recommended to us by someone pre-Glasto last year so we made sure we saw her at The Park - I was right down the front and loved her. Lucky enough to see her at South by South West this year too when she sounded great (in the p*ssing rain - just like home......). Definitely think she is going to be 2nd up on the Pyramid one of the days. Probably a must-see for me this year.