Courtney Barnett

ghandi

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to share, glad you enjoyed! Yeah it was ace, crowd was a bit... London though. Bit of a shame really, thought we'd get better due to it being from the mailing list, ah well. Everyone must spy on eFestivals!

New stuff sounded great live, and the whole band are a load of fun. Didn't get the chance to talk to any of them, which was a shame. As I came in, Courtney was greeting people, smiling away. Awesome to see. Get to see them again in a couple of weeks :), hopefully I'll know the album a lot better by then too. Though it is nice to hear songs you recognise but don't know very well. Makes you listen.

Edited by Tuna

Just spoke to Courtney at this album launch thing. Literally had no idea what stage they're playing at Glastonbury but seemed fairly ecstatic when I said I'd heard it was Pyramid :P

:lol: Loving this idea, that we care more/know than the actual themselves !!

Listened to the album last night and its great, really really like it alot! I think Pedestrian At Best is still my favourite song though!

Then had hours of debate on Orange Viynl Vs. Signed Print + Normal Viynl edition ....went with the orange version in the end.

Happy to share, glad you enjoyed! Yeah it was ace, crowd was a bit... London though. Bit of a shame really, thought we'd get better due to it being from the mailing list, ah well. Everyone must spy on eFestivals!

New stuff sounded great live, and the whole band are a load of fun. Didn't get the chance to talk to any of them, which was a shame. As I came in, Courtney was greeting people, smiling away. Awesome to see. Get to see them again in a couple of weeks :), hopefully I'll know the album a lot better by then too. Though it is nice to hear songs you recognise but don't know very well. Makes you listen.

Thanks, Tuna - sounds ace.

Well, if I have any influence, the crowd will NOT be crap at GF2015. I'll be singing and jumping around, hopefully infectiously.

Still holding out hope that she's not stuck early on the Pyramid...just want to see her somewhere smaller...maybe an additional set somewhere (Thursday, WG?)

Saying that, I'll be astonished if I have any desire to see more than one or two Pyramid acts all weekend (just rarely my kinda thing...), so if Courtney and the gang are there, then that at least gives me an excuse to see one!

Ben

:lol: Loving this idea, that we care more/know than the actual themselves !!

Listened to the album last night and its great, really really like it alot! I think Pedestrian At Best is still my favourite song though!

Then had hours of debate on Orange Viynl Vs. Signed Print + Normal Viynl edition ....went with the orange version in the end.

You won't be disappointed Tom - the orange pressing is really excellent quality. REALLY excellent.

And yes, as 'immediate' as it is, Pedestrian at Best is just a corker. Can't wait to hear that live, cranked up through some mother of a sound system.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

She's added a third date in Melbourne now! At the 3.3k capacity Forum Theatre. She could easily sell out arenas here. This woman is on the rise. Her new album is brilliant.

I'm also selfishly hoping for a smaller stage appearance where she'll attract a more dedicated crowd, although I'm pretty sure she'd be thrilled with the Pyramid. Either way she'll be one of my festival highlights.

Edited by kalifire

She's added a third date in Melbourne now! At the 3.3k capacity Forum Theatre. She could easily sell out arenas here. This woman is on the rise. Her new album is brilliant.

I'm also selfishly hoping for a smaller stage appearance where she'll attract a more dedicated crowd, although I'm pretty sure she'd be thrilled with the Pyramid. Either way she'll be one of my festival highlights.

With you on this, kalifire. She'd be good on Park or JP, no?

I think she seems to be pencilled for Pyramid, though I note that she's (changed to..?) unknown stage on the rumours page. I'm hoping for William's Green on Thursday as an extra set. Now that would be a festival highlight...

Ben

Confirmed for Pyramid on 6music just now

Well, actually it went something like this:

Nemone: Do you know where you are playing? Park, Pyramid?

Courtney: Err no

Nemone: *giggles* I'm being given the Pyramid sign

Courtney: Actually i'm busy that day.

Edited by psward

Confirmed for Pyramid on 6music just now

Well, actually it went something like this:

Nemone: Do you know where you are playing? Park, Pyramid?

Courtney: Err no

Nemone: *giggles* I'm being given the Pyramid sign

Courtney: Actually i'm busy that day.

Damn. Let's hope for at least one other, smaller, 'secret' set...

Ben

Big big fan of her, love the new album but thought she was a bit lost last year up at the Park. Missed the JP set but reckon she's better in a tent or indoor area. Think she could probably do with a rhythm guitarist too. Still think she's amazing though!