Download 2016

Hart Attack

Oooh i hope this is true, missed them last time round so would love to catch them at a festival date. second stage headliner at Download though? surely not. one or two down on that stage i'd have thought. hope you're right about them doing Primavera (if they are in fact reforming). agree about the new material. just coming back and doing the same again would be a bit shitty. would they headline Primavera? hard to gage their size elsewhere

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oooh i hope this is true, missed them last time round so would love to catch them at a festival date. second stage headliner at Download though? surely not. one or two down on that stage i'd have thought. hope you're right about them doing Primavera (if they are in fact reforming). agree about the new material. just coming back and doing the same again would be a bit shitty. would they headline Primavera? hard to gage their size elsewhere

Not sure about PS but I'd definitely think they'd headline 2nd at Download considering the high slot they got at R+L. Though it would probably cost money that they already wired to Sharon Osbourne so I wouldn't count on it. :P

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah those lineups look cool. But what does that second sentence have to do with anything? Are you just opening up that argument again? Do you just love repeats so much that you want that argument every week.

Silence! I am busy laughing. :)

18 minutes ago, justanothername said:

At The Drive In! God, please

Now that would be worth considering. If not Sunday though I'd rather they played Leeds. Going by that lineup as well, in the past few years a few bands have come over on August. I'm a little surprised that none of the other early rock based fests have announced them yet. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If ATDI are doing Download, are they really big enough to headline the second stage? Imagine them headlining third and how much more intense that show would be :P

I would think so - I'm surprised there's so much question about it actually. If the 2nd stage headliner is equivalent of 3rd/4th down main at Download, and in 2012 it was about the same with R+L, then why would ATDI be significantly lower at Download? They're a pretty big name and their last show here was a sold out Brixton Academy, so they're hardly gonna be stuffed into the Pepsi Max stage at Download.

ADTR were shit? Nah man they absolutely smashed their main stage slot, so much so its got Andy putting them in the future headliners camp. 

Only gunna grow bigger that band, if Download gets a blink or green day or paramore or whatever id expect them to sub, actually they could sub BMTH also. But I reckon FFDP will sub BMTH. 

I saw that poster yesterday and completely missed ATDI. I've never seen them, but IMO I don't think they're any bigger than Refused in the UK. Think R+L misjudged how popular they would be these days as well by putting them in the slot they had. Wasn't it pretty dead in the tent? Think they would make a brilliant 3rd stage headliner though as stated. That would be special.

The crowd in the tent at Leeds for ATDI was probably the smallest I've ever seen for a headliner... Despite that the set was truly amazing & everyone who was there seemed to be loving it.

Whilst I agree they'd be better suited to it I think they're too big to headline 3rd at Download. Subbing second stage is my guess for them. 

Nah the interest in them was considerably more than in Refused for their comeback. The booking was considered perfectly reasonable at the time, Refused headlining the same stage would have been madness. The tent was half empty, but then again they were up against the mighty Kasabian. Maybe the overestimated their interest to the younger crowd, but they were a good alternative looking at what else was on at the same time. 

Where they stand now however I wouldn't care to guess, I doubt very much that they'd garner the same interest this time around.

Edited by mrtourette

I think ATDI was down to a bidding war in 2012 as Sonisphere was after them and Refused, but chose to go in big for Refused and Reading went in big for ATDI.

It's good they're doing stuff again and would be a good booking for DL, agree that maybe 2nd stage is too big, but it'd get me interested against Maiden (if they even have anyone up against them?)

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

ADTR were shit?

Yep. I had heard so many good things about them but I thought they sucked. I have, however, been listening to them in my van and a lot of their stuff has grown on me so I'll give them another chance. 

I agree with luckysalt that ADTR smashed their main stage slot at Download this year and also that they are future headliners of not just Download, but R&L as well.  

Also, devilman, I would recommend going to see them on their next tour if you can as their own shows are incredible. Last year at Rock City is one of the best gigs I have ever been to. 

Possibly just being coy about the whole thing, but Jim Ward (of ATDI) seems to not know about the reunion, despite it now being out in the open

http://preview.elpasotimes.com/story/entertainment/blogs/the-beat/2015/11/30/drive--possibly-reuniting-ohio-festival/76589936/

Hopefuly this means there hasn't been some cock up/they're leaving members out of it this time round and he's just playing with the interviewer

2 hours ago, devilman said:

Yep. I had heard so many good things about them but I thought they sucked. I have, however, been listening to them in my van and a lot of their stuff has grown on me so I'll give them another chance. 

You're not on your own, two friends were at Download to see it and said they sounded off as well. It's quite clear to hear from some video footage of the set as well the the lead vocals weren't up to scratch, they have been better although I will say that video footage isn't always the best source. R&L this year didn't sound great either.

Edited by thewayiam

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You're not on your own, two friends were at Download to see it and said they sounded off as well. It's quite clear to hear from some video footage of the set as well the the lead vocals weren't up to scratch, they have been better although I will say that video footage isn't always the best source. R&L this year didn't sound great either.

Well I don't know what R&L you are referring too as they didn't play this year. However they did play last year and they were mint so I presume you're on about about different R&L then