Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ICantThinkOfAName said:

Has this been put on the download website yet? It'll be there in 20 minutes if not.

That's what I'd been hoping would drop tonight. Thanks!

Can't help but think that not announcing the placings makes the announcement look a lot better, after what happened last time when they announced the placings.

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

That's another fifteen bands I would see on top of the five from the first announcement. This is shaping up to be a great year already, and we don't even know second and third stage headliners yet. 

Could take a guess that KSE are the 2nd stage headliner on Friday or else they'd end up in the same slot as last year. Also we know Gutterdammerung are headlining the 3rd stage that night.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can't help but think that not announcing the placings makes the announcement look a lot better, after what happened last time when they announced the placings.

Could take a guess that KSE are the 2nd stage headliner on Friday or else they'd end up in the same slot as last year. Also we know Gutterdammerung are headlining the 3rd stage that night.

I'd have thought that they would have specified if KSE were headlining second? It's awesome if they are, but I think they could get away with having them sub it. Would go well underneath Bullet I think. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That's another fifteen bands I would see on top of the five from the first announcement. This is shaping up to be a great year already, and we don't even know second and third stage headliners yet. 

Are you sure the header isn't there given that they'll be finishing before Maiden start meaning one less band? Shinedown provided they are playing 2nd stage if they sub that stage will be literally one place above last time as they played 4th down on a full bill last time. BT won't be below 4th or subbing 2nd, wont be a Disturbed clash either way.

Just now, dentalplan said:

No worries. Been told the second stage subs are (probably) all in that announcement, not specifically which bands, though. Maybe KSE, Skindred and Shinedown?

Shinedown as a second stage sub? Surely not? If they have all been announced I'd go for KSE, Billy Talent and Skindred. 

Bullet / Killswitch 

All Time Low / Billy Talent 

Volbeat / Skindred 

aaaaaaaaand I've just seen the day splits. Ignore everything. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Are you sure the header isn't there given that they'll be finishing before Maiden start meaning one less band? Shinedown provided they are playing 2nd stage if they sub that stage will be literally one place above last time as they played 4th down on a full bill last time. BT won't be below 4th or subbing 2nd, wont be a Disturbed clash either way.

Are they definitely finishing before maiden start. Thought that was a specific thing for filming last time

8 minutes ago, devilman said:

This is too strong. I fear the clash. 

You're paying £215 early bird plus a £40 campervan, were do you get too strong from? BB is a good addition and while others are good bands, it is just cheap to book filling bands.

3 minutes ago, ICantThinkOfAName said:

No worries. Been told the second stage subs are (probably) all in that announcement, not specifically which bands, though. Maybe KSE, Skindred and Shinedown?

Skindred I could see, Shinedown just about too but as dental said, KSE were 4th lat time they played, they must be 2nd stage headers. This is Andy mind you, booking them 4th again wouldn't surprise me, Slipknot/BSC afterall.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nightwish, Disturbed, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin and Billy talent probably enough to grab a day ticket. Maiden I guess will be alright for a sing along to some classics again. Nothing I wish Sunday got from the others really.

:lol::lol: Singalongamaiden

Not sure what's so funny about that tbh. Maiden are a phenomenal singalong band.

Certainly much less idiotic than the moron yet again not understanding that people have their own opinions on the lineup. Yes, someone thinks the lineup is too strong. Because they like a shitload on the lineup. It isn't rocket science.

2 minutes ago, atomised said:

Are they definitely finishing before maiden start. Thought that was a specific thing for filming last time

Well that's what a lot have said on here. I kind of don't see a clash from 2nd with any header, Rammstein will probably enforce they aren't being the only 2nd stage header clashing. That said, Sabbath didn't pull that rule completely for 2012 reunion. When you look at the past two years, none of the 2nd stage headers would be playing below 4th on main stage, a couple not below 3rd or they probably wouldn't accept.

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

:lol::lol: Singalongamaiden

Well I wouldn't just stand there and let others sing it, get Jared Leto for that.

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Certainly much less idiotic than the moron yet again not understanding that people have their own opinions on the lineup. Yes, someone thinks the lineup is too strong. Because they like a shitload on the lineup. It isn't rocket science.

Which makes you the dumdum yet again for 'not understanding that people have their own opinions on the lineup'. I've never read such a pointless, double standard post on here before.

12 minutes ago, ICantThinkOfAName said:

Possibly. Did they say that the second headliners haven't been announced yet? As, looking at the lineup now, that could definitely be possible with a lot of acts around that 4th/5th main/2nd headline/sub ballpark.

Just now, Andre91 said:

Could Down be a second stage sub also? 

On any other day than Sabbath they could've been but nah.

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Which makes you the dumdum yet again for 'not understanding that people have their own opinions on the lineup'. I've never read such a pointless, double standard post on here before.

Well no because most people who give their opinions on the lineup don't then call out anyone with a different opinion and talk down on them for enjoying it, like you do. If you did understand that people have differing opinions you'd let them just get on with it, but instead you have to bang on about your opinion on it every fucking minute of the day as though it's gospel. Jesus Christ.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Could really do with Ho99o9 doing a post-announcement shuffle over to Saturday tbh. Quite a strong day already but I'm pretty desperate to see them as I can't make next week's tour and I don't think I'd pay to go see Slaves do their shit thing just to see them be ignored as a support.

Was thinking the same, Saturday is decent for me but as it stands I wouldn't fork out for a day ticket, 2 or 3 more acts and I'd consider it, especially if Ho99o9 were to switch across. 

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Not sure what's so funny about that tbh. Maiden are a phenomenal singalong band.

It was the way he seemed to refer to one of the greatest bands as something merely for a singalong