Download 2016

Hart Attack

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rammstein / KoRn / Motörhead / Papa Roach / Twin Atlantic / Crossfaith / Marmozets / Northlane 

Bullet For My Valentine / Killswitch Engage / Asking Alexandria 

Gutterdammarung

Black Sabbath / Deftones / Megadeth / Down / While She Sleeps / Atreyu / Rival Sons / Beartooth 

Parkway Drive / Skindred / Architects 

Sum 41

Iron Maiden / Nightwish / Disturbed / Halestorm / Ghost / Tremonti / Sixx:A.M. / Evil Scarecrow

Volbeat / Billy Talent / Don Broco 

Saxon 

I don't see TA playing that low, they would be 4th, 2nd stage sub is perfect for them. Not sure Marmozets would be that low either but PR, Marmozets and TA I like. Little too strong I reckon though.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rammstein / KoRn / Motörhead / Papa Roach / Twin Atlantic / Crossfaith / Marmozets / Northlane 

Bullet For My Valentine / Killswitch Engage / Asking Alexandria 

Gutterdammarung

Black Sabbath / Deftones / Megadeth / Down / While She Sleeps / Atreyu / Rival Sons / Beartooth 

Parkway Drive / Skindred / Architects 

Sum 41

Iron Maiden / Nightwish / Disturbed / Halestorm / Ghost / Tremonti / Sixx:A.M. / Evil Scarecrow

Volbeat / Billy Talent / Don Broco 

Saxon 

erm what about Shinedown?

KSE were 4th from top last time and getting bigger, according to Beez the next album is going to be huge.

Rival Sons last album broke the top 20, they have a new album out next year, no way will they be practically opening Main.

Last time Billy Talent had a new album out, they were 4th from top on Main, new album out next year, no way are they subbing 2nd.

Parkway Drive only played this year, R/L or Sonisphere next year I imagine.

I can't see Skindred dropping to 2nd stage.

I think there's a reason why Papa Roach weren't announced as expected, something tells me they've gone elsewhere.

Twin Atlantic could easily headline 2nd.

Edited by metalicbear

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

TA only big in Scotland? Didn't they headline the 2nd stage at reading this year before the dance closer?

Wasn't a dance closer. Rebel Sound were the actual headline act and Twin Atlantic just a standard NME sub.

ie. On the Friday, Limp Bizkit were headliners with a closing set from Knife Party; but on the other nights the dance act was the headliner.

rl_2015_line-up_april_reading-566x800-e1

Edited by Will-2609

14 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Oh definitely. They'd get a good slot at T. I'd guess 4th on main or top 2 second stage.

I agree although I can't see TA being right between a heavier act and Motorhead especially given their much poppier approach now. KSE 4th main, TA sub 2nd, Skindred sub 2nd with Down 4th main and Billy Talent will either be 4th main or close 2nd before Maiden. Not sure how you would fit all those in plus Shinedown who aren't in Andre's lineup on a day with no Maiden crossover without one of them closing that 2nd stage.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I agree although I can't see TA being right between a heavier act and Motorhead especially given their much poppier approach now. KSE 4th main, TA sub 2nd, Skindred sub 2nd with Down 4th main and Billy Talent will either be 4th main or close 2nd before Maiden. Not sure how you would fit all those in plus Shinedown who aren't in Andre's lineup on a day with no Maiden crossover without one of them closing that 2nd stage.

I'm gonna guess the Volbeat thing isn't happening now and Billy Talent and Shinedown will take the 4th main and 2nd headline slots? I don't know anything about Shinedown so don't know which would suit each of those slots the best.

23 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I'm gonna guess the Volbeat thing isn't happening now and Billy Talent and Shinedown will take the 4th main and 2nd headline slots? I don't know anything about Shinedown so don't know which would suit each of those slots the best.

There was never anything happening with Volbeat more than they were around and then could only play Sunday, added to dates getting added for them making it a little less likely. Can't 100% rule out yet but it's less likely.

Well on a day finishing earlier, Shinedown won't be any further down than subbing 2nd, Billy T won't be further down than 4th/heading 2nd and I'd presume Halestorm won't be further down than 5th main/3rd main at the very most. Don Broco isn't that smaller either.

No 2nd stage headliners have been announced so why the pessimism for Volbeat? They are coming. Anyways ACDC announced 2 stadium gigs just before Download. One in Manchester on the Thursday night when a load of potential gig goers will already be at Download. Guess they were the 4th headliner that didn't happen then. If there ever was any hope for Soni, then that has kicked it in the baws. Not that there has been any hope for several weeks.

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Pendulum too big for 2nd headliners? Think they'd be unlikely either way, but I can dream.

Massively too big, Download 2nd stage headers aren't any bigger than 3rd top now. A Pendulum DJ set heading 3rd stage wouldn't surprise me. My thought it that Reading have got an exclusive on them live, possibly on English with T as well but that depends how long they stick around for earlier summer.

On 12/20/2015 at 7:19 AM, DomDom1984 said:

NXT are a possible for this. Triple H has said on record that he's talking with festivals in Europe and the UK gets mentioned and talks about NXT's relationship with rock music. I'd say that this might well be happening.

I'd be thrilled.

I heard some of the Progress wrestlers have already been told they're booked for Download next year. 

This could be though as NXT might only be a one night thing if it happened, I can't imagine NXT doing 5 nights in a row at Download like Progress did.

Progress was absolutely fantastic this year anyway, loved the setup too. much better than being in a closed tent.