Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should be down to a 4, or even better up to a 6. His backtofront grading is doing my nut in!

He's hedging his bets now. If he keeps going 4,7,4,7 everyone will decare bullshit. Let's hope the improvement trend continues tomorrow or at least levels off, don't want to swing the other way again!!!

Maybe it's me who is being OVER positive after the hell of yesterday, but tonight's summary looks a little pessimistic. Here's to another good chart tomorrow!

I thought that too, but maybe he is factoring in the previous trend of bad weather reports and seeing this as an outlier? 

I thought that too, but maybe he is factoring in the previous trend of bad weather reports and seeing this as an outlier?

That and maybe after getting the rainfall a bit wrong last year he's erring on the side of caution.

I'd rather have a slightly pessimistic forecast and be pleasantly surprised rather an optimistic one and be disappointed and wet

friday night and potentially sunday looking wet on the latest GFS run.

As long as the Friday is not like the hell of the U2 year... That was the moment when I was so cold and wet I was the closest to phoning my parents and getting them to pick me up, take me home for a hot shower and then drop me back to the site...

On a side note, for those who say 2014 'wasn't that bad'... No, on the grand scale of things, it wasn't. But when you have to send your other half out to buy new wellies because the rain was so heavy it went inside your old ones and they are sodden and you are concerned about trench foot...oh and all the stages have to be SHUT DOWN because of the storm... That's pretty bad

As long as the Friday is not like the hell of the U2 year... That was the moment when I was so cold and wet I was the closest to phoning my parents and getting them to pick me up, take me home for a hot shower and then drop me back to the site...

On a side note, for those who say 2014 'wasn't that bad'... No, on the grand scale of things, it wasn't. But when you have to send your other half out to buy new wellies because the rain was so heavy it went inside your old ones and they are sodden and you are concerned about trench foot...oh and all the stages have to be SHUT DOWN because of the storm... That's pretty bad

My wellies did that. I poured a pint out of them.. why buy new ones? Go back to your tent. Get a load of loo roll, soak it up. Dry your feet, talcum powder, new socks.. good to go.