Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people need to make a distinction between weather and mud.

For example:

2005 - weather good, mud bad

2007 - weather bad, mud bad

2008 - weather good, mud good

2014 - weather good, mud bad

2015 - ???

"Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!

Ooh, that's bad

But it comes with a free frogurt!

That's good

The frogurt is also cursed

That's bad."

Yeah 3am ish I think. Was up in the Stone Circle for the first flash of lightning - big defiant cheer. 2nd (closer) crack a minute later and people scarpered. 

We were fucked.

We had a friend sharing a tent with us that year (had expected him to bring his own, but he arrived direct from Copenhagen with nothing but the clothes he was wearing and so had to sleep in our porch) - he'd put himself to bed at around 1am thinking it was a big muggy out, so left the tent door open for some air and promptly fell into what must have been nigh-on a coma - luckily mine and my girlfriend's bit was safely zipped up.

Drowned rat doesn't even come close. He spent the entire weekend drying his stuff out!  :haha:

But gosh... the feeling of taking the wellies off and dancing to Brian Wilson on dry ground.... I don't think I'll ever top that.

Edited by Magma

You need to put Pilton, Somerset in rather than Glastonbury.

Sets it back to white cloud everyday.

Going back to the old GlastoWeatherWatch scale, I've always been a big fan of "Pleasantly cloudy" with a bit of "Good time sunshine", but I'd take "Sunburn Hell" over "Deeply Unpleasant" and "Totally minging" weather any day.

I'd take anything that doesn't turn the site into a mudbath. I think that's the debate on last year, in context the weather wasn't too bad, shy of two (or three) disgraceful downpours.

The issue last year the mud was pretty bad, suddenly the option between a twenty minute slog up hill to the Park Stage to see a band you're half-fussed about, or hiding in the TIny Tea Tent for another hour leans towards the latter.

For me that always leads to an inferior Glastonbury, although it never makes it bad enough to make me not want to come back (2007 came close to breaking me).

Edited by Rob Cooper

I'd take anything that doesn't turn the site into a mudbath. I think that's the debate on last year, in context the weather wasn't too bad, shy of two (or three) disgraceful downpours.

The issue last year the mud was pretty bad, suddenly the option between a twenty minute slog up hill to the Park Stage to see a band you're half-fussed about, or hiding in the TIny Tea Tent for another hour leans towards the latter.

For me that always leads to an inferior Glastonbury, although it never makes it bad enough to make me not want to come back (2007 came close to breaking me).

I've always been a NFR,NFC sort of chap (though not the actual thread..) but looking back I do have to admit that most of my best Glastonbury stories are from muddy years. 

It's an entirely different experience, for sure... and it can be properly HARD (2007 really was deeply, deeply unpleasant at times... I even got in trouble trying to perk myself up with something naughty and found myself being semi-glad of a few hours under the roofs of the Bath & West Showground)... but it's also the best time to see a random Glastonbury act of kindness and it seems to nuke everyone's inhibitions even quicker than the old 2 litre bottles of Brothers on a hot Wednesday in Jazzworld!