Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source/link???

I found this...

By the time the remnants of Bill cross the Atlantic towards the UK, it will be indistinguishable from any normal low pressure we’d expect to see at this time of year.

It’s too early to say what impact, if any, Bill would have on the UK – but we wouldn’t expect any possible impacts to be anything out of the ordinary for UK summer weather.

http://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2015/06/18/tropical-depression-bill-continues-to-bring-heavy-rain-to-parts-of-the-us/

These years & the weather do seem to blur into one. I remember 2014 as being OK apart from the biblical downpour on Friday afternoon. But by the next day the paths were OK again. Yes, 2007 was cold & very wet, but it was my first time so I was happy happy happy. The year I can't remember was when some of the theatre/circus fields turned into a quagmire, and I had to abandon all plans of getting from Acoustic to Avalon in a reasonable time.

Friday was total mayhem for a while last year, Rudimental rain was the wettest I've ever been, and I do triathlons.

But the Sun came out for Elbow and it was lovely, if a bit muddy.

Wasn't until Sunday pm when I could sit on the ground anywhere.

I've said this here before, but it depends on where you went. Certain areas were still absolutely wrecked on Saturday. Why? because of the heavy showers that hit in the afternoon. Silver Hayes was bad, the area in/around John Peel got pretty churned up, and the Other Stage field was a total mess.

In my experience, Saturday was still very muddy well into the evening/night. 

Plenty of photos here showing contrasting mud levels

http://www.theguardian.com/music/gallery/2014/jun/29/glastonbury-2014-day-two-in-pictures

I was replying to the post about 05. You're spot on about last year!

If last year's was a 'washout' and 'unbearable' I'd take it any day of the week. Granted as said I was in my tent for some of the rain and drunk for the rest but it really wasn't that bad at all. Dry nights everynight which is what I favour more.

I work at the metoffice; an extract from the Chief Met's weekly brief :)

Can you inform everyone at work that my real name is Gideon Osborne (George for short) and if they don't get their act together, I'm cutting the Met Office budget so spectacularly that there will be one barometer and a pine cone left.

What will the weather be like?

Someone there must know.

Can you inform everyone at work that my real name is Gideon Osborne (George for short) and if they don't get their act together, I'm cutting the Met Office budget so spectacularly that there will be one barometer and a pine cone left.

What will the weather be like?

Someone there must know.

Not the pine cones, please leave us the pine cones :)

You wont get any real accuracy until Monday onwards, still too much uncertainty.

In case anyone is interested, here is a comparison of the 2014 and 2015 website forecasts (both starting from 9 days before the festival starts):

1z4cx1z.jpgAs you can see the two years look very similar so far. Let's hope the late change in 2014 forecasts doesn't happen again.

In case anyone is interested, here is a comparison of the 2014 and 2015 website forecasts (both starting from 9 days before the festival starts):

1z4cx1z.jpgAs you can see the two years look very similar so far. Let's hope the late change in 2014 forecasts doesn't happen again.

Very interesting! Lets hope a downward trend continues..

Took longer than that IIRC. Sunday was alright (and blazing hot) but still really sticky and welly weather Saturday.

Suntan Sunday was more than alright, was a lovely end to the festival! And on the Saturday afternoon it was dry enough to sit on the ground outside the acoustic listening to Glen Tilbrook, there were still muddy areas where standing water had taken longer to shift or had heavy footfall but they were easily avoided unlike on the Friday. 

If last year's was a 'washout' and 'unbearable' I'd take it any day of the week. Granted as said I was in my tent for some of the rain and drunk for the rest but it really wasn't that bad at all. Dry nights everynight which is what I favour more.

can people please stop saying this? the weather was absolutely appalling. the mud was horrible, the mud was everywhere.

To me that just illustrates that its impossible to call this far out, and could go either way.

Edited by ltfckimbo