Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

so it will either rain or it won't

we will be fine, I will bring snorkel and flippers as well as a deckchair shorts and flip flops to cover both eventualities

a snorkel and flippers will NOT be useful, i suggest a waterproof coat and wellies

really dont understand why you think those items would be necessary?

also...what are 'deckchair shorts'?

Edited by neil999

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I love this thread, it makes me laugh :) Oh the insanity of it all :crazy:

I thought that this gave a more graphical (For the graphics lovers) alternative to STICK.

The MetOffice Chief Meteorologist has briefed the following:

Remnants of Tropical Depression Bill expected over the Atlantic next week – marked uncertainty concerning the behaviour of these remnants but not inconceivable that there will be media interest suggesting potential for Bill to bring wet weather to the UK later next week (and, for example, affect Glastonbury).

Not looking too promising, according to the Met Office; subject to change of course.

The forecasts that I am posting are Meteo and they go up to and beyond the festival.

Apologies, I rushed it this morning. Meteo and Meteox updated:

J10: This would mean much less rain overall and as such less mud, and more time for the site to dry out.

There will still be ups and downs, hopefully there will be more ups in the coming days.

GFS: Showers Wednesday. Rain overnight Thursday. Showers Friday morning. Otherwise dry. 

TWO: Showers on Friday, but otherwise dry

Meteox: Showers Wednesday evening. Showers overnight Thursday through to Friday morning. 

Meteo: Very light showers on Saturday morning.

GFS Ensemble: The mean (average) is for light showers through the festival. 

Met Office: No specific forecast yet, but "From Thursday onwards, northern and western parts will tend to be cooler and windier with showers or longer spells of rain at times ". 

ECM: Not in forecast range yet. 

YR.NO: Very light shower on Sunday. Otherwise dry.

Apologies, I rushed it this morning. Meteo and Meteox updated:

J10: This would mean much less rain overall and as such less mud, and more time for the site to dry out.

There will still be ups and downs, hopefully there will be more ups in the coming days.

GFS: Showers Wednesday. Rain overnight Thursday. Showers Friday morning. Otherwise dry. 

TWO: Showers on Friday, but otherwise dry

Meteox: Showers Wednesday evening. Showers overnight Thursday through to Friday morning. 

Meteo: Very light showers on Saturday morning.

GFS Ensemble: The mean (average) is for light showers through the festival. 

Met Office: No specific forecast yet, but "From Thursday onwards, northern and western parts will tend to be cooler and windier with showers or longer spells of rain at times ". 

ECM: Not in forecast range yet. 

YR.NO: Very light shower on Sunday. Otherwise dry.

No worries will try and post them every day.

Oh thank the lord. We all thought something terrible had happened after you saw the forecasts yesterday.

we were about to send out search parties. they would have been terrible, terrible, pointless search parties - completely ill-prepared due to the lack of a chart telling them succinctly whether to pack wellies or sunlotion.