Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Lot more to come by the looks of it, grimy morning tomorrow perhaps have to see how quickly it clears but dry and cracked like it appears to be there'll be quite some capacity to drink it up - and we know it's dry from then until gates and past that so any that does make mud won't survive

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, the wind had a massive impact in 2013 for me. Rain is bad, but at least you can actually hear.

I'm pretty deaf, it's ongoing lifetime kind of deafness, not tinnitus/loud music induced kind of deafness, several operations over the years but never really done much to improve the situation long term. It's bearable but I have to concentrate pretty hard to keep up with a conversation if a noisey room

Anyway

wind can make a huge difference to outdoor stages for me. So can the spot im stood in. Near the front I generally can't hear the vocals, too far back and the bass overpowers absolutely everything, especially at the pyramid I find. I've never really liked the mix there for many bands, but my mates tell me it's one of the better ones so it's probably just my crap ears

If we are looking at 30 degrees and 2010 again, I am genuinely fearing ending up in hospital or its going to need to be a sober one over the weekend.

I am fucking fuming. Please can those temps drop a little bit?!

Edit: if Briddj prediction of 21/23 comes true, I can deal with that. 23 is a bit warmer than I'd want, but I can deal with it.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Well the forecasters seem to be right for Monday. Looking at the Glastocam it's definitely going to rain there.

edit; Just noticed the post literally above mine haha. 

ha ha

yes it started in the night and is still going just as the BBC said. Although it is due to stop this afternoon. We will see. 

At present it sounds like waves every time a lorry goes past the front of the house.

If we are looking at 30 degrees and 2010 again, I am genuinely fearing ending up in hospital or its going to need to be a sober one over the weekend.

I am fucking fuming. Please can those temps drop a little bit?!

Edit: if Briddj prediction of 21/23 comes true, I can deal with that. 23 is a bit warmer than I'd want, but I can deal with it.

It's not going to get that high, do not fear

Pretty much confirming what Alcatraz had to say.

Another improvement this morning with no rain on the Friday, Sunday has improved but still warning notes on that.

Max of 20 on Wednesday and 23 on Thursday. Home and dry with these days now.

Fri: Now pretty much zero rain hitting the site (was 12-3pm rain before). Still a bank of rain further north but not as menacing. Max temp has cranked up four degrees to 24. Don't want it any warmer than that.

Sat: Zero rain, max temps down a degree at 21.

Sun: The previous dangerous rain band for the whole passes far further north, northern Scotland. There is another band of rain which could hit Glasto around 6pm but at the moment that is hitting west Wales. High of 22 degrees remains.