Lineup 2016

Matt42

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The new ADTR song is a BANGER. Please let them bring a new album out this year. 

Isn't it just :D

2 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

Just seems appropriate to have a large name as the secret in a year where most headliners aren't necessarily the biggest names. I don't know, just a shot in the dark. Would be cool though

This makes no sense. Why would R&L try to persuade an artist as big as Drake to do a secret set because they need a big name. Isn't the whole point getting a big name to try and sell more tickets. I don't understand why R&L would go through the trouble unless Drake really wanted to do it (and since he has no history with the festival why would he?)

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still confused as to why the weeknd hasn't been announced for a UK festival, I thought he'd almost definitely be at Wireless after not being announced during the last Reading announcement. Is anyone else thinking we're still due someone third down on the Friday? As people have said they believe JackÜ is headlining NME and I don't think Chvrches are big enough. 

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I know it's out of your control but I'm seeing the Download Festival adverts on eFests quite frequently, which hampers the airbrushing a bit. :wacko:

That's fine. I'm quite happy to take their advertising money if they wish to spend it here. They'll have to spend a fair bit more to get the same exposure as they were getting previously. :)

Anyway, things are happening around the issue Copping caused now, so I'll have to wait and see where it goes.

25 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I dunno I just find that hard to believe, especially the direction R&L are going. Just seemed like the route they'd likely go down after Kendrick/Macklemore. It's a shame though that he's not there as I kinda like him unlike the other two. 

I mean, if you look at the line up it's hardly like they're neglecting urban music this year by not booking him. Plus he's nothing like Kendrick/Macklemore so he wouldn't exactly be keeping the 'rap sub rule' alive.

14 hours ago, kaip said:

He called me small time 

Yay get in :)

you've properly made his hate list now. :lol:

Oh dear, the cock is still at it. Today is going to be a 'fun' day for me by the look of things, dragging me places I'd prefer to not go, but there's some things which just aren't acceptable and I'm not going to run from them. Ho-hum. ;)

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I mean, if you look at the line up it's hardly like they're neglecting urban music this year by not booking him. Plus he's nothing like Kendrick/Macklemore so he wouldn't exactly be keeping the 'rap sub rule' alive.

They did bring back ASAP for a slightly more prominent position, and they've gone all out on Grime/UK Hip Hop acts this year.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

so.... "any shit they think they know” turns out to be the very correct 'shit', so it's not even the case that copping has made a idiot of himself over something we've got wrong. :lol:

He's such an idiot. It's just like the whole Gene Simmons leaking the line up thing where he denied it so vehemently being the real poster, and then it was a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Well anyone wishing to see Down at Downloaf now won't be able to as they are pulling/have pulled all euro dates. French Government are taking funds away from Hellfest for refusing to drop them when they dropped out anyway.

Where did you see that?

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Well anyone wishing to see Down at Downloaf now won't be able to as they are pulling/have pulled all euro dates. French Government are taking funds away from Hellfest for refusing to drop them when they dropped out anyway.

ditched and trashed for saying something stupid publicly- who'd have thought

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Oh dear, the cock is still at it. Today is going to be a 'fun' day for me by the look of things, dragging me places I'd prefer to not go, but there's some things which just aren't acceptable and I'm not going to run from them. Ho-hum. ;)

He called me small time 

Yay get in :)

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

He called me a trolling prick this morning, then blocked me and then deleted said tweet :)